funks

Fuck Black History Month

Just fucking great. Black history month is right around the corner. 28 days of listening to black people bitch about all of the hardships they have had to overcome. When will people realize celebrating ones existence solely because of their fucking skin color is in fact racism. Let it go, quit fucking dwelling on the past and learn to look toward the future.

Slavery does not exist today. Segregation does not exist today. Minorities have been given and currently receive plenty of benefits to help advance within society. Quit your fucking bitching, be happy with the fact that you live in a free society, one that does provide numerous benefits to you simply because of your skin color and / or nationality.

Is there still racism today? Sure. There is racism effecting all races and nationalities. Not just Black people. Does dwelling on the past do any good? In my opinion, fuck no. Get over it. Society does not owe you anything. Just because your fucking great great great grandfather/mother may have been a slave does not mean that you deserve sympathy today. YOU were not the slave. You deserve nothing.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color. However, one mention of this fact and we are labeled racist.

NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, etc. In celebration of Black History Month here's a big fucking middle finger from me to you, you worthless racist fucks.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color.

The policy considerations behind Brown v. Board of Education and the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1968 are strong evidence that you're historically incorrect about that.

However, one mention of this fact and we are labeled racist.

Probably because most non-racists don't really think of Black History Month, or Kwanzaa, etc., as any skin off their butts; while many of the people who angrily bitch loudly about it tend to be racist. If you're one of the minority of non-racists who also angrily bitch loudly about it, I'm sorry you get unfairly lumped in with the others.

I can tell you this from my own personal experience: most of the time I'm not even aware of Black History Month, except that, every year, like clockwork and without fail, there are a bunch of angry white people who call my attention to it by bitching loudly about it.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color.

The policy considerations behind Brown v. Board of Education and the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1968 are strong evidence that you're historically incorrect about that.

Huh? Explain to me the benefits that I receive today because of those Acts you mention above.

Please show what benefits white people TODAY receive solely due to skin color.

Probably because most non-racists don't really think of Black History Month, or Kwanzaa, etc., as any skin off their butts; while many of the people who angrily bitch loudly about it tend to be racist. If you're one of the minority of non-racists who also angrily bitch loudly about it, I'm sorry you get unfairly lumped in with the others.

I can tell you this from my own personal experience: most of the time I'm not even aware of Black History Month, except that, every year, like clockwork and without fail, there are a bunch of angry white people who call my attention to it by bitching loudly about it.

Set asides and quotas ARE racist, by definition - regardless of WHO they are for.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Huh? Explain to me the benefits that I receive today because of those Acts you mention above.

Uh, you missed the point. Where unfair disadvantage to minorities existed, that created an unfair comparative advantage to white people. So the advantage to white people existed. The civil rights court decisions and laws were designed to remove the comparative disadvantage to minorities.

Yeah!!!

And Fuck Italian History Month
http://italian.about.com/library/blniahmspecial.htm

And Fuck American Indian Heritage month
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmorigins1.html

And fuck Irish History Month
http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/New/html/20000301_4.html

And fuck Spanish Heritage Month
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/hhm1.html

And fuck Women's History Month
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womenshistory1.html

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race.

Maybe global warming is the cure. :S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Uh, you missed the point. Where unfair disadvantage to minorities existed, that created an unfair comparative advantage to white people. So the advantage to white people existed. The civil rights court decisions and laws were designed to remove the comparative disadvantage to minorities.

No. I think you misssed the point. I am not even sure where to begin with a response because you seem to be way out in left field. You are stating facts that I agree with but for some reason you are trying to get them across as some sort of point???:S

From what I can gather, you are referring to the advantages white people had 100 years ago. Correct?

I was not born in 1968. So it is quite possible that *I* have not been given and benefits for being white. Historically, yes there were issues. But today we have reverse discrimination problems.

Well, I have a friend that keeps getting passed over for promotion. He has been told it is due to needing blacks and females in those positions to meet quota's.

Pointing out an issue does not make you a racist IMO. Wearing a white pointy hat makes you a racist, doing things to hurt a person based on race, holding hatred towards a race makes you a racist. That *includes* blacks hating whites or mexicans hating blacks....Well really ANY combination, not just white on "X".

I never know when it is either...But then again, I don't know when it is any "month".

From what I can gather, you are referring to the advantages white people had 100 years ago. Correct?

More like 40 or so years ago - prior to the civil rights court decisions and laws, which began in the mid-'50s and into the 60's. Well within the lifetimes, and memories of middle-aged and older people still alive today. They're the ones who remember how it used to be, and feel the need to remind society, or at the very least their own children and grandchildren, that social justice is not a once-and-done, it's a life's work.

More like 40 or so years ago - prior to the civil rights court decisions and laws, which began in the mid-'50s and into the 60's.

My initial comment was about benefits white people do not have TODAY. Your argument is to post about benefits that were instituted 40 YEARS AGO???:S:S:S And actually, your post wasnt even about benefits. Weird.

More like 40 or so years ago - prior to the civil rights court decisions and laws, which began in the mid-'50s and into the 60's.

My initial comment was about benefits white people do not have TODAY. Your argument is to post about benefits that were instituted 40 YEARS AGO???:S:S:S And actually, your post wasnt even about benefits. Weird.

I didn't realize you only meant today in particular, so I understand the clarification.

There really is still some discrimination in employment and housing; it's (usually) just a lot more cleverly disguised. Not nearly as pervasive as it used to be, for sure, and that's a good thing. But it's still there, under the surface. That's why I said that true social justice is a life's work.

I'm not Irish either; and I can really live without St. Paddy's Day getting stuck up my ass every year, but I don't let it get me bent outta shape. Just keep the fucking green beer away from me, thankyew. Ech.

That certainly seems to be the gist of how SOME people feel about discussing ANYTHING outside the history books as currently written in OUR society...

When I was growing up.. there were VERY FEW black faces found in our history books.. or native american either.. except for how they were savages...etc.

Last year around this time there was another thread about Black History Month. Similar discussion. There's also been a thread about some place wanting to do a gay history month. Same kind of discussion. I'm sure when Women's History Month is approaching, we'll get another thread about that, too. Whatever.

Just fucking great. Black history month is right around the corner. 28 days of listening to black people bitch about all of the hardships they have had to overcome. When will people realize celebrating ones existence solely because of their fucking skin color is in fact racism. Let it go, quit fucking dwelling on the past and learn to look toward the future.

Slavery does not exist today. Segregation does not exist today. Minorities have been given and currently receive plenty of benefits to help advance within society. Quit your fucking bitching, be happy with the fact that you live in a free society, one that does provide numerous benefits to you simply because of your skin color and / or nationality.

Is there still racism today? Sure. There is racism effecting all races and nationalities. Not just Black people. Does dwelling on the past do any good? In my opinion, fuck no. Get over it. Society does not owe you anything. Just because your fucking great great great grandfather/mother may have been a slave does not mean that you deserve sympathy today. YOU were not the slave. You deserve nothing.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color. However, one mention of this fact and we are labeled racist.

NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, etc. In celebration of Black History Month here's a big fucking middle finger from me to you, you worthless racist fucks.

You need to learn how to say how you really feel and quit veiling your thoughts :P.

Other than that, there is a basis of truth to what you write in regard to benefits. I'm sure you know as well as any of us that African Americans don't want to solve racism any more than Bush wants to find and kill OBL or all the terrorists. If racism were to be solved, which in large part it is, or if OBL were to die, the beneficators would lose their justification to do what they love to do. Same logic can be used in regard to the fairytail about God/Satan.

Set asides and quotas ARE racist, by definition - regardless of WHO they are for.

I happen to agree with that.

Yea, the Bacce case established thta, but then they went to weighted systems rather than quotas, which has verbatum the same result.

I didn't realize you only meant today in particular, so I understand the clarification.

There really is still some discrimination in employment and housing; it's (usually) just a lot more cleverly disguised. Not nearly as pervasive as it used to be, for sure, and that's a good thing. But it's still there, under the surface. That's why I said that true social justice is a life's work.

I'm not Irish either; and I can really live without St. Paddy's Day getting stuck up my ass every year, but I don't let it get me bent outta shape. Just keep the fucking green beer away from me, thankyew. Ech.

Right, this is what funks needs to see, racial discrimination is alive and well, just better disguised.

But to apply AA and allow admissions in universities, paid for no less, to allow any kind of benefit crosses lines. But who's gonna complain about it? They'll be deemed a racist if they do. Same with the overpopulation problem, is any legislator gonna claim we need to slow our procreation? NO, it;s the right thing to say/do, but it's political suicide.

But do remember to hate the usually white male WAP's for this, not your local African-American, as the latter is just the beneficiary, the former the architect.