kallend

Bush's speech

Well?

I think he has no credibility left.

Fuckin moron can't even read a teleprompter(sp?). I don't know what to say. If anybody believes that shit I feel sorry for them. I wonder who the speech writers are?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Well?

But, but, but.... If we do not commit more troops and a billion more dollars, we will all be reading the koran by next year:S
That was, without doubt, the most pathetic speech that President Shit for Brains has given to date. And to think that they worked on this speech for 2 months!!!
Whatever became of the recommendations of the Iraq study group? Didn't jibe with Shit for Brains vision of world domination?
At this point, even if they sent 100,000 more troops, nothing is going to change. Iraq was lost long before they sent the very first troops and ignored Bin Laden. Bush has proven, once again, that he is a failure and that he has destroyed this country much like the companies that he destroyed. Now that he has taken his inability abroad he has shown the entire world what a moron he is. All the while Bin Laden is free to do as he pleases:S
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Well?

But, but, but.... If we do not commit more troops and a billion more dollars, we will all be reading the koran by next year:S
That was, without doubt, the most pathetic speech that President Shit for Brains has given to date. And to think that they worked on this speech for 2 months!!!
Whatever became of the recommendations of the Iraq study group? Didn't jibe with Shit for Brains vision of world domination?
At this point, even if they sent 100,000 more troops, nothing is going to change. Iraq was lost long before they sent the very first troops and ignored Bin Laden. Bush has proven, once again, that he is a failure and that he has destroyed this country much like the companies that he destroyed. Now that he has taken his inability abroad he has shown the entire world what a moron he is. All the while Bin Laden is free to do as he pleases:S

Maybe, The Dixie Chicks were right, after all!

Chuck

Was this a scheduled Address to the Nation or does anyone know why now would be a good time for a speech? Is it in support of the decision to send more troops? Is it to draw attention away from something else? I honestly believe that Douglas Adams had it right when he said that the role of the President was to draw attention away from those truly in charge.....

Was this a scheduled Address to the Nation or does anyone know why now would be a good time for a speech? Is it in support of the decision to send more troops? Is it to draw attention away from something else? I honestly believe that Douglas Adams had it right when he said that the role of the President was to draw attention away from those truly in charge.....

Yes it was scheduled.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

> Was this a scheduled Address to the Nation . . .

It was sort of scheduled. He announced it a few weeks back, but postponed it a few times.

>Is it in support of the decision to send more troops?

Basically, yes. There was a lot more to it than that, but that was the only really new bit. The rest was - support the Iraqis, we will all suffer if we withdraw troops, the murderers will target us next, Al Qaeda will have a sanctuary etc.

> Was this a scheduled Address to the Nation . . .

It was sort of scheduled. He announced it a few weeks back, but postponed it a few times.

>Is it in support of the decision to send more troops?

Basically, yes. There was a lot more to it than that, but that was the only really new bit. The rest was - support the Iraqis, we will all suffer if we withdraw troops, the murderers will target us next, Al Qaeda will have a sanctuary etc.

Is that reply for the kindergarden students?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Interesting to see it takes the change of gov't, several years of war and 3,000 dead Americans before we finally see anything that looks like a plan for Iraq.

Also interesting to see his bravado and cowboy-like attitude disapear. The man is full of shit and the only good news as of today is that we are one day closer to his dumbass leaving and someone else coming in.

Worse than usual with more stammering and trouble enunciating. This time instead of his usual grinning arragance he had all the expression and passion of a twelve year old reading a book report in class. looked like a whipped puppy.

As far as the "new plan" there really isnt one. It was more about "All this we told you about winning has been a load of crap so just get ready for more of the same with an increased amount of casualties in 2007." He finally, about time, threw the Iraqi government under the bus but other than making them hold up their end of the bargain, which ain't going to happen anyway, no new ground was broken.

His attack on his critics at the end to come up with their own solution if they don't like his well, that was just laughable. a better one doesn't exist and its way too late for that. That's like the guy who just shot someone through the heart saying, "Hey, if you can't figure out a way to save him either, then don't blame me!"

funny, I thought we 'won' the war when he announced the end back in 2003-2004 whenever it was -

Bush is an idiot. I am ready for impeachment proceedings. Too bad we cannot impeach based on the fact that he is an idiot.

20,000 more troops means more targets for the insurgents to hit. Also means lower morale for ALL the soldiers, highdeficit for all of us.

More soldiers throwing their weight around in a foreign country also means more 'insurgents' will sign up every day to fight them.

Don't just stand there, WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS

TK

Well?

We’ve all known for more than a week that this was coming, but what galled me is that he (or shall I say, his “best and brightest” senior aides and speechwriters) actually had the audacity to look us in the eye and use the word “victory” in that speech. At least Nixon was semi-intellectually honest when (referring to “Vietnamization”) he called the same ole shit “peace with honor” – which we all knew was an admission that we’d never have victory in Vietnam, so let’s try to get out of there with a smidgen of dignity left.

Didn’t work for:
French in Indochina
French in Algeria
U.S. in Vietnam
Soviets in Afghanistan

Won’t work for us in Iraq. At this point, all he’s doing is setting up more American troops for cold-blooded murder. It's nothing short of criminal.

Don't just stand there, WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS

TK

This is the answer... but they seem too lazy to decide on any policy. When I took my nephew to DC this past summer, we went to a Senate vote. Very dissappointed with how many were present.

I truly believe that the Presidental Position (whether it be Bush, or Clinton or whomever) has as much real power as the Queen. (ok... maybe a little more... but it doesnt seem to have much). I think this speech was just trying to help the morale of those either over there now or those soon to be leaving.