CameraNewbie

Why do Atheist/Unbelievers always clash heads with Christians?

>Is it me or is it just the people here in SC that love to expend
>their energy, more like waste their energy, in debating with
>Christians about their bibles, belief in jesus, god, heaven and hell?

Some people here do, some people in the real world do. Since the vocal ones are very vocal, it's easy to think that there are a lot of them. But they're really aren't.

>I don't go around wasting my time/energy asking inane questions
>or debating with those that have blind faith.

You mean like:

"Why would anyone here that is an Atheist/Unbeliever want to be curious or argue points about things that don't exist or things that they don't believe in?"

They may see you in the same light.

I'd rather stand strong in what I don't want to believe in and concentrate in what I do believe in this life such as, money, beer, skydiving, picking up chicks every night and getting laid!

Well, good luck with that. But making Christian-bashing posts in SC probably won't help you with any of those things. ;)

Personally, I like to know what others believe and why - that's why I read and participate in some of the religion threads.

I like to visit SC, for the same reasons. Sometimes, it gets 'really' interesting!:D

Chuck

I believe in the satisfaction of a hard day's work and earning your keep.

Nicely stated.

of course, the irony there is you are responding to a poster who's occupation is listed as "unemployment collector"

I admit, I did kneejerk to his rather childish list of beliefs instead of 'live and let live'. I'll assume it's a kid and I wasn't much different then either.

If, I'd talked like that, when I was a kid, I would've been 'straightened-out', real quick!:D
It's real easy, here! I've had one or two 'knee-jerk' reactions' to some of the things that have been said here, myself!:D

Chuck

I don't oppose Christianity. I do oppose the current Christian policies of involvement in politics, which is unique to the Christian religion here in the USA (if it were Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or Athiests, I'd still be pissed off). Certain Christians try to get their beliefs coded into law and taught in public schools. They're not content to live their lives and allow others to live theirs and make their own choices about their own lives. They want to control the lives of others and base our legal system on "righteousness" or "virtue" rather than justice. I oppose legislating personal morality. I don't care what someone else believes. It's not my business. When it affects my life and my ability to make my own choices... then I care.

I don't oppose Christianity. I do oppose the current Christian policies of involvement in politics, which is unique to the Christian religion here in the USA (if it were Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or Athiests, I'd still be pissed off). Certain Christians try to get their beliefs coded into law and taught in public schools. They're not content to live their lives and allow others to live theirs and make their own choices about their own lives. They want to control the lives of others and base our legal system on "righteousness" or "virtue" rather than justice. I oppose legislating personal morality. I don't care what someone else believes. It's not my business. When it affects my life and my ability to make my own choices... then I care.

Amen, sister;)

Why is it that either you're a Christian or an athiest/unbeliever?
Jews, Druids, Bhuddists, Muslims, Native Americans, Hindi's, Confucians, Jains, Taoists, Sikhs, Wiccans, Druzists, Gnostics, Zoastrians, don't fall into the category of "Christian,"and they certainly aren't athiest. Not to mention that they represent by FAR the greatest slice of world population. Christianity's numbers are significantly down the list from many of these religions.

By any name,it's the same old bollox. :D

If theirs a hell bellow,
We're all gonna go.

Muslims, Bhuddists, and Hindus, for primary starters.

Do you just make this stuff up?

I ask because it seems like you regularly post complete lies.

It is easy for him to say anything he wants on a forum and expect no one to challenge his assertions. Look at attached graphs.

steveOrino

You're right here.

Most of the deluded world follows Catholicism. Next is Sunnis. Then, Vaishnavites. (source)

For total religions (not branched), Christianity is undeniably the largest, then Islam, and then the heathens. (source)

However, some branches don't consider other branches part of their religion. And some branches are trying to eradicate the other branches. So shortly enough, it won't be long until it's just us heathens left in the world.
This ad space for sale.

Certain Christians try to get their beliefs coded into law and taught in public schools. They're not content to live their lives and allow others to live theirs and make their own choices about their own lives.

And atheists are totally free of these actions?

I can think of any number of things that God haters try to jam down everyone else's throats as normal behavior.

>I can think of any number of things that God haters try to jam
>down everyone else's throats as normal behavior.

I don't know any "god-haters" (with the possible exception of HairyJuan) so I can't comment on what they do or don't do. But living one's own life however one wants does not constitute jamming anything down your throat - unless you put yourself in the middle of what they're doing and open your mouth. Solution - don't do that.

Certain Christians try to get their beliefs coded into law and taught in public schools. They're not content to live their lives and allow others to live theirs and make their own choices about their own lives.

I can think of any number of things that God haters try to jam down everyone else's throats as normal behavior.

I agree. Damn God-hating, freedom-hating liberal fucks forcing us to study the heathen facts of evolution. Who are these people to shove science down our throats. How dare they question what has been written in the Bible? How dare they persecute us God-loving, freedom-loving Americans?????
This ad space for sale.

I agree. Damn God-hating, freedom-hating liberal fucks forcing us to study the heathen facts of evolution. Who are these people to shove science down our throats. How dare they question what has been written in the Bible? How dare they persecute us God-loving, freedom-loving Americans?????

Don't forget those hairy feminist man haters and poofters who think they can go round buggering other men without getting thrown in jail!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It is easy for him to say anything he wants on a forum and expect no one to challenge his assertions. Look at attached graphs.

Like you're one to talk, Steve. You lied, and changed text to suit your own position. Bein wrong and lying are significantly different. You lied. I'm wrong. Big difference.
So I'm wrong about the SIZE of the people in various religions, but if you read all of my earlier posts, I refer to Christians being 1/3 of the religious world. Your chart bears that out. So now we're discussing semantics, based on your earlier comments.

The other irony is that some of the Christians here regard Mormons, Catholics, etc as not being "Christian." Remove Catholicism and Mormons from your chart, and we're a significant number closer to what I'd stated earlier on.
Again a typical "Christian" behavior. Use words and bullshit when it's convenient, and ignore it or deny it when it's not.

Like you're one to talk, Steve. You lied, and changed text to suit your own position. Bein wrong and lying are significantly different. You lied. I'm wrong. Big difference.

I'm not sure what you are talking about ... me lying? I did read in your personal website that you were against all types of censorship and yet I believed you stated you wish Christians would just shut up. Perhaps I misinterpreted your desire to not be prostelized with selective censorship. If that is the case, then my apologize. It is just initially your post seemed hypocricital to me.

So I'm wrong about the SIZE of the people in various religions, but if you read all of my earlier posts, I refer to Christians being 1/3 of the religious world. Your chart bears that out. So now we're discussing semantics, based on your earlier comments.

Semantics?? You said ... Why is it that either you're a Christian or an athiest/unbeliever?
Jews, Druids, Bhuddists, Muslims, Native Americans, Hindi's, Confucians, Jains, Taoists, Sikhs, Wiccans, Druzists, Gnostics, Zoastrians, don't fall into the category of "Christian,"and they certainly aren't athiest. Not to mention that they represent by FAR the greatest slice of world population. Christianity's numbers are significantly down the list from many of these religions.

I pointed out Christians represent the largest % of world religion.

steveOrino

Doesn't hating something by definition mean an acknowledgment of it's existence?

And no, I don't see many athiests trying to outlaw christianity. I have seen athiests trying to outlaw christianity's effort to outlaw things.

Speaking of laws, I'm supposed to be studying for the bar exam right now, so I'm going to go do that.

OK, tell us the things atheist inspired laws have forced you to do, or prevented you from doing.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

how do you "hate" a delusion. At best you pity the ones subjected to it. B|

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Atheists also clash heads with orthodox Jews and devout Muslims.

Atheists barely ever clash with other atheists.

However, religious people clash with each other quite violently even if their difference in believes are as nuanced as they are arbitrary.

There is only one plain vanilla atheism and we all get along just fine.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true