bigway

muslims (sp)

>I don't think Islam has any problem with skydiving . . .

Probably true with skydiving, but sadly not with people here in general. There's a jumper in Perris who recently changed his name from a Muslim-sounding name to an American-sounding name so he wouldn't get beat up in bars.

Do muslims skydive or is it aginast the faith. Anyone know any skydiving muslims?

I thought I saw some pics in a Parachutist issue a few years ago showing a Saudi Arabian skydiver making a demo jump somewhere in the kingdom.

Interesting question though. Did you know that Islam does not allow interest bearing loans? There's a Yahoo video clip on their main page right now (Money Talks segment).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

To be honest though the only reason I am Muslim is that I paid a Mullah £50 for the privilege. My wife is Iranian so when we go to Iran and want to share a hotel room I have to prove that I am married to her which means that my name has to be on her ID docs and to do that I have to be a Muslim.

It's that easy? You pay a clergyman and boom your a Muslim? Is it totally legal or just skirting the letter of the law?

Probably true with skydiving, but sadly not with people here in general. There's a jumper in Perris who recently changed his name from a Muslim-sounding name to an American-sounding name so he wouldn't get beat up in bars.

Now, that's using your head for something besides a towel rack.;)Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Do muslims skydive or is it aginast the faith. Anyone know any skydiving muslims?

I do know of plenty of predominantely Muslin countries whose militaries have Airborne units

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oh yea I am beating my wife right now, and when I jump I put on my bomb vest you never know when alah will call on me. Can't wait to fuck my 74 virgans and then beat them.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Oh yea I am beating my wife right now, and when I jump I put on my bomb vest you never know when alah will call on me. Can't wait to fuck my 74 virgans and then beat them.

Wow, with action like that I'm considering changing my infidel ways and turning to Islam!!!! :D:D

Walt

I know Faris Alaboudy very well. I met him in the military when he was training our troops about middle eastern culture. He's a good guy.

Very good guy. Was voted Skydiver of the Year this year. He's a BASE instructor as well as all the other ratings I listed earlier, and a paraglider instructor. Great attitude, super gifted, and fun to jump with.

Neither does the Bible, that's why Christ went mid-evil on the money changers outside the Temple.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

To be honest though the only reason I am Muslim is that I paid a Mullah £50 for the privilege. My wife is Iranian so when we go to Iran and want to share a hotel room I have to prove that I am married to her which means that my name has to be on her ID docs and to do that I have to be a Muslim.

It's that easy? You pay a clergyman and boom your a Muslim? Is it totally legal or just skirting the letter of the law?

I did it for practical reasons meaning that it would not stand up to any scrutiny by a real Muslim. The mullah knew full well why I was doing it and was quite happy to go ahead on that basis.

>I don't think Islam has any problem with skydiving . . .

I always order the Kosher meals on long haul flights to the US as I don't want to draw attention to myself by ordering a Hallal one, asking to sit next to the emergency exit whilst taking a rig on as carry on.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca