yjumpinoz

Do you believe in sin?

>For your information, there are three separate references in God's
>WORD to the USA being brought down before Bush's term ends.

If the US does not come to an end before Bush's term ends, what does that mean? Would that prove the bible is incorrect?

>For your information, there are three separate references in God's
>WORD to the USA being brought down before Bush's term ends.

If the US does not come to an end before Bush's term ends, what does that mean? Would that prove the bible is incorrect?

I smell another infamous Speakers Corner bet coming on!!!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

There seems to be a fair amount of agnostics and atheists here and I was curious if they believe in such a thing as sin? I believe we are born into sin and I think it has been confirmed by my 1 1/2 old son. I did not have to teach him to throw fits and misbehaving. It seems I need to teach him to do the right thing.

Even tho' I'm neither an agnostic nor an atheist, I'm just paaaawsitive that both groups have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for my take on this question, right? (Just a joke; please don't answer!)

I do believe that there is such a thing as sin. Whoever (Steve?) said that it means "to miss the mark" (as in a target) was right on as far as the Greek word translated "sin" goes. (The New Testament was written mostly in Greek, ICYDK.) That definition is exemplified (:o note cool word) by the verse which says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." There are several verses that characterize sin, such as the one that Paj brought up ("sin is the transgression of the Law"). Jesus's bro, James, wrote that "to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin."

A sin can be committed against God directly, as in deliberately resisting Him; or against others, as in doing them harm.

/end of oration
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

I guess a lot of people believe that we know right and wrong/ evil and sin naturally. I think not. It seems that others also believe that society ends up determining right and wrong. To me that can end up justifing sin.

Um, so if we don't know what's right and wrong naturally and we don't learn it from society where do we get it from?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I would think that even agnostic or atheist types would have some kind of a notion of "natural law" or code of ethics they would hold themselves to. There simply are those things we cannot do without being held accountable, even if the courts and the system never catch up with us. And that's the problem some people have with sin, the idea that they are ultimately accountable for what they do and never completely free to act just any way they please.

I can't talk for anyone else but I certainly have an ethical framework for the world that goes above and beyond what is or isn't legal. Ultimately though, I am the only one who can hold myself accountable to it.

So society used to say having slaves was ok. That makes it right. Society says abortion is legal but murder is not. :S The nazi society decided killing jews was ok. I just don't believe that society can always speak for me what is right and wrong. I believe that the commandments are a good place to start.

So society used to say having slaves was ok. That makes it right.

And who decided slavery is wrong? Did someone read the bible once more and see something everyone had been missing for 2000 years? No. Did God decide to suddenly send a message into everyones hearts to stop slavery? No. Society evolved and society decided slavery could no longer be permitted.

I believe that the commandments are a good place to start.

A set of rules as amazingly vague as the commandments will always be interpreted by society as to what they really mean.

Take what appears to be a really simple one - Don't Kill. How do you interpret it with regards to self defense? How do you interpret it with regards to capital punishment? How do you interpret when it comes to use of military force?

No, it would not mean any such thing.except, that the things that refer to the end of the USA, would then come afterBush's exit from the W.H.

Not only are there three separate definitive references to the end of the USA, but also others references that apply to the USA, and to the attitude of the USA, not only to the world, but to God.

The three specific meentions I refer to, tell of Bush, and what he will do, and that is followed by : and then his great "horn" will be broken., the horn being a Biblical metaphor for might and power.

That is followed by the breakup of the USA, and its takeover by other nations.

The USA will become a shadow of its former self ( pre 1776) and oddly, that is precisely the phrase Osama Bin Laden used when talking to a reporter named "RUSK" in Peshawar, Pakistan in 1995 ot 96.

It is without the slightest doubt, that God's WORD says the USA will be brought down, and replaced, and His WORD is described in the following statement by E.W.Bullinger, (1837-1913).

One thing however, is certain, and thatis, that we have, in the Scripture of Truth, the King James Bible, a revelation from God absolutely without error, and whatever difficulties we may encounter in seeking to understand it, they are a result of our own infirmities.

Bill Cole

edited for spelling error. Anyhow, that is what E.W.Bullinger wrote, and he is correct.

You too, should get your fact straight.

I do not now, nor ever have claimed to be a prophet.

I am a Biblical Student, a Born Again Christian, and a servant of Jesus Christ.

I have written several thousand pages on God's WORD, and have spent years investigating what the Lord has written about the end times, which is the time in which we live.

a prophet????? NO, just a responsible Biblical investigator.

Bill

Bill Cole

The three specific meentions I refer to, tell of Bush, and what he will do, and that is followed by : and then his great "horn" will be broken., the horn being a Biblical metaphor for might and power.

Or maybe it just means he'll have a vasectomy:|

You too, should get your fact straight.

I do not now, nor ever have claimed to be a prophet.

I am a Biblical Student, a Born Again Christian, and a servant of Jesus Christ.

I have written several thousand pages on God's WORD, and have spent years investigating what the Lord has written about the end times, which is the time in which we live.

a prophet????? NO, just a responsible Biblical investigator.

Bill

Bill Cole

Sounds like the David Koresh resume. :S

steveOrino

End Times....we sure are, and the thing that will catipult this world into one dominated by China and the anichrist is the downfall of that other superpower, the USA.

The antichrist is alive and seemingly well right now. Satan will not take over his body and mind until shorttly after the demise of the USA

Bill Cole