NickDG

"They've" Got Your Mail . . .

White House spokeswoman Emily Lawrimore denied Bush was claiming any new authority.

Nothing new. Same old excuse. If you're not with us than you must be against us which means you must be a terrorist. Don't want us opening your mail? Off to Gitmo you go, never to be seen again.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

>>If you are not doing anything wrong what do you have to worry about???<<

I'm hearing that more and more these days. How long do you expect the Republic to last with that way of thinking?

You go live in a police state - but please count me out . . .

And who decides "what is wrong" ???

NickD :)BASE 194

I'm hearing that more and more these days. How long do you expect the Republic to last with that way of thinking?

She's just quoting famous characters from history: Stalin and Himmler.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We already are.....

And King George decides based on what GOD tells him he should be doing....(personally... I am thinking he is listening to the OTHER guy..WAR ..GREED.. Coveting thing neighbors Oil.)

A Whole lot of what is decided as what is right and what is wrong is coming directly from pulpits across AmeriKa

Depends on who you are and on your definition of WRONG[:/] THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP. Don't know what it's gonna take tho;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I got a good chuckle that people got all upset over this. Do you really think a postal inspector (Who is an 1811 series fed investigator) couldn't open your mail before this? All he has to do is show probably cause in an evidence hearing. I think most people get upset over things like this because they didn't understand the law in the first place. I thought I was fairly educated on most basic laws of search and seizure UNTIL I became a fed. I had to sit through MANY hours of class on the 4th amendment. Some of it left my jaw hanging open. I had no idea how much power the federal govt had to search you and your property. This doesn't really change much. I would guess that the only thing that really changes is that whatever evidence they happen to gather is not automatically put under the test of probable cause. If a prosecutor is going to use this evidence against you he is already going to have worked out the PC. Or he should have anyway. Prosecutors can be pretty stupid. As evidenced in the Duke rape case. :S This is just one less advantage your attorney might have to get the evidence thrown out. It's not really that big of a deal.

All he has to do is show probably cause in an evidence hearing.

Personally I prefer at least SOME kind of checks and balances.....but Bubba and friends are doing it with NO OVERSITE at all.... hey look a letter.. open it and see what its got...that is not what the American Way is that you guys are suppsed to be defending.

Personally I prefer at least SOME kind of checks and balances.....

Oh so do I..........Trust me.......I have been the victim of a Fed Law Enforcement Agent abusing her power and running amuck on a witch hunt. It cost me several years of my life and a WHOLE LOTTA money. Put some gray hairs on my head too. I don't think it's right.........I was just stating that it really didn't change much in the big picture. If a Federal Agent wants to open your mail, search you or your property.........they are going to and short of barracading yourself in the house and having a shoot out Waco/Ruby Ridge style there isn't shit you can do about it right there. You have to let attorneys handle it from there and sort it out in court. Which against the govt.........you will never really win. A draw is about as close as you'll come. [:/] In the mean time the rest of your life has been effected and you have lost a BUNCH of money. You're a loser either way. [:/]

Personally I prefer at least SOME kind of checks and balances.....

Oh so do I..........Trust me.......I have been the victim of a Fed Law Enforcement Agent abusing her power and running amuck on a witch hunt. It cost me several years of my life and a WHOLE LOTTA money. Put some gray hairs on my head too. I don't think it's right.........I was just stating that it really didn't change much in the big picture. If a Federal Agent wants to open your mail, search you or your property.........they are going to and short of barracading yourself in the house and having a shoot out Waco/Ruby Ridge style there isn't shit you can do about it right there. You have to let attorneys handle it from there and sort it out in court. Which against the govt.........you will never really win. A draw is about as close as you'll come. [:/] In the mean time the rest of your life has been effected and you have lost a BUNCH of money. You're a loser either way. [:/]

That's funny, you don't look French.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

>And who decides "what is wrong" ???<

Agreed - ultimately; who guards the guards?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I'm a republican. I disagree with anyone opening my mail. That's a federal offense isn't it?>:([:/] I also disagree with all the cameras that are being put up. In banks, airports, court rooms police stations I can understand. Opening our mail! thats just an invasion of privacy!
Playtime is essential.

I'm a republican. I disagree with anyone opening my mail. That's a federal offense isn't it?>:([:/] I also disagree with all the cameras that are being put up. In banks, airports, court rooms police stations I can understand. Opening our mail! thats just an invasion of privacy!

Apparently you are not a New Republican, then.

What's a new republican?

Someone that believes in borrow and spend, invading other nations that pose no risk to us, huge deficits, warrantless snooping, imprisonment without trial, secret jails, condoning torture,...

I could go on but you get the idea. Stuff that old fashioned Republicans would find anathema.