shropshire

Iraq murder charges for US marine

There's a lot of details being left out I'm sure. Marines do not storm a house guns a blazing for no reason. .

No... But how about for the wrong reason?

Can you give me an example of what a wrong reason would be? It seems likely the Marines received fire from that house and that's why they stormed it, however, I am open to any theories you may have.

I love people that have %100 percent assurance that a marine unit could never make a mistake...Get the wrong intel ect.

'IT SEEMS likely the marine where receiving fire from this house'...

It also SEEMED likely that Iraq had WMD's

What if it was the window a couple of feet to the left in the next house but someone thought they saw the muzzle flash in the other window???...fuck knows.???

If you think they never get it wrong you are an idiot...simple as that.

You dont know what happened any more than i do and your blind faith that the american military can do NOTHING wrong is quite frankly laughable..:D:D
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

You dont know what happened any more than i do and your blind faith that the american military can do NOTHING wrong is quite frankly laughable..:D:D

I don't see where he's saying they never made a mistake. He's asking for your opinion of what would be a wrong reason, General Armchair.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Why else would you need an EXAMPLE of a wrong reason. obviously because you couldn't think of one yourself which would lead me to believe you dont think they can do wrong....

The point is they COULD be guilty....... SIMPLE...noone here knows enough about the case to say for sure so yes anyone pleading someone elses case without having all the facts is doing so on BLIND FAITH!

Why else would you need an EXAMPLE of a wrong reason. obviously because you couldn't think of one yourself which would lead me to believe you dont think they can do wrong....

Nope - I refuse to speculate on it because I DON'T KNOW and I WASN'T THERE.

The point is they COULD be guilty....... SIMPLE...noone here knows enough about the case to say for sure so yes anyone pleading someone elses case without having all the facts is doing so on BLIND FAITH!

So, asserting that they fucked up (since you weren't there either) is equally pleading on blind faith, is it not?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

He ASKED me to speculate by giving him an EXAMPLE....

Nice try though...

So, asserting that they fucked up (since you weren't there either) is equally pleading on blind faith, is it not?

IF someone asserted they fucked up without knowing the facts yes.

Which is why i have refused to judge without knowing the full facts.

But others will plead there innocence till the cows come home!

He ASKED me to speculate by giving him an EXAMPLE....

And you responded by accusing him of saying the Marines never fucked up.

Nice try though...

Indeed.

IF someone asserted they fucked up without knowing the facts yes.

Which is why i have refused to judge without knowing the full facts.

But others will plead there innocence till the cows come home!

Just as you seem to be assigning guilt.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Assigning Guilt......Please:S

If your feeling guilty don't try to put that shit on me.....I just tell it like i see it...

if i was trying to assign guilt it would probably go something like this.

If the Staff Sgt. and Lt. Colonel are aquitted many people, yourself included, will still see them as murderers.

Assigning Guilt......Please:S

If your feeling guilty don't try to put that shit on me.....I just tell it like i see it...

Of course you do....

I love people that have %100 percent assurance that a marine unit could never make a mistake...Get the wrong intel ect.

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And your point?????

Do YOU think they are infallible?

I got asked for an example what a WRONG reason to storm a building would be....
Why would someone ask for an example unless they couldn't think of one themselves?

Nice attempt at a deflection mate. What they are being accused is not and should not be considered a "fuck up." They are accused of mass murder.

You are trying to make this personal while all I'm trying to do is look at this objectively and form an opinion. I'm even open to hear your arguments and concede points to you but all you want to do is argue without making any real points regarding the topic.

Admittedly I am biased considering I'm a Marine however that gives me an understanding of how things work. That means I can read an article about the US military and recognize BS when I see it just like you can recognize it when you read an article about a base or skydiving incident.

So do me a favor. Go back and read all the articles in this thread and any you may find not in this thread. Then come back and make some points regarding the topic. At which point I will be happy to continue this discussion.....mate.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

However if stopping it allowed him the opportunity to take a prisoner OR execute the enemy even though they had dropped their weapon and surrendered then anyone in his right mind would take the enemy combatant prisoner.

As a non-combat veteran... I couldn't live with myself executing anyone especially a child. In the same respect I couldn't live with myself if I took an unneccessary risk that got a buddy killed.

Yep ....Well put. Thats the sort of decision I never want to have to make...Your damned if you do and your damned if don't. :S

I agree with you about this...... mate.......

But unless you have info other than what has been posted you cant say if they are guilty or innocent any more than i can.

What would you say where the big standout FACTS that didnt feel right to you? I would like to know claimed they heard the statement to "shoot anything that moves"