Andy9o8

Is mandatory celibacy responsible for sex abuse cases by Catholic priests?

It is not the celibacy, but the environment. Think for a moment. A person who has a compulsion toward young boys is going to find that being a priest is a position of trust at the same time giving them access to potential victims.

Preadators are going to look for places that provide them with victims. Celibacy has nothing to do with it.

I think that is the best explanation.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

It is not the celibacy, but the environment. Think for a moment. A person who has a compulsion toward young boys is going to find that being a priest is a position of trust at the same time giving them access to potential victims.

Preadators are going to look for places that provide them with victims. Celibacy has nothing to do with it.

I think that is the best explanation.

Does that include USPA GMDZ's

Goota go befor I get locked out

Homosexuals are freaks of nature and 99.9% of Catholic priests are homosexuals although not necessarily practicing homosexuals. It is an abomination of nature for same sex individuals to engage in sex and a significant percentage of them are potential pedophiles.

1. Where do you get your statistic 99.9% from? Nonsense.
2. How would you know how many were or were not practising homosexuals? Falsified statement.
3. 'Abomination of nature' - a purely subjective view and again utter nonsense.
4. A Significant percentage of them may be paedophiles - not that you would have any idea of that (as you cited no facts) not that being homosexual has anything to do with being a paedophile. Or that it has anything to do with the thread.
In conclusion ; total garbage.

To everyone: please remember that we all need to tread very, very softly on the issue of paedophelia, to stay within the Forum rules. I did my best to strike that balance as best as I could when I started the thread. I'm sure that as long as we make no jokes about that in particular, and keep the discussion serious, we'll all be fine. Thanks.

Why was my reply edited? I didnt make a paedophile joke. I was making a point.

My point being that it was very wrong to correlate homosexuals with paedophiles as suggested by another reader.

Im quite sure that those reading the thread would have seen this. Edit the guy making the correlation not me!

>Why was my reply edited?

No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None. Period. References to pedophilia can only be made in a factual context or in discussion of certain political and social issues. Outside of those limited contexts Dropzone.com will have a zero-tolerance policy to pedophilia and any reference thereto will be removed without explanation.

>Why was my reply edited?

No jokes about or references to pedophilia. None. Period. References to pedophilia can only be made in a factual context or in discussion of certain political and social issues. Outside of those limited contexts Dropzone.com will have a zero-tolerance policy to pedophilia and any reference thereto will be removed without explanation.

good explanation :D:D

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

http://wincoast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488

Mr.Billvon, this is a very factual context that shows why it's no joking matter.

It's been emailed around, and checked out for being real,
the facts are like said.

Remove it if you don't agree, but this is real and hits home about the seriousness of the matter and ina way we can understand.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

It's not a joking matter, by no means. And yes, that's quite true from what I hear. But Sangiro has elected to err on the side of not posting anything that could even remotely be construed as being a joke or offhand comment about pedophilia.

So, unless you're discussing it head-on, it's not a topic to bring in and get wry knowing winks about.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't think it does. Voluntary celibacy is a choice and though I wouldn't make it myself, I can respect a person choosing to be celibate for spiritual reasons. Celibacy isn't really voluntary if you want to be a priest or a nun, but then nobody's making you enter the priesthood or a nunnery either.

What I DO think has contributed enormously to the problem is the way that the church hierarchy covers up the problem, moves the offenders around, and fights tooth and nail to not hand over records in these cases. Quite frankly, I don't understand why some American dioceses aren't prosecuted under the RICOH Statutes, as playing a shell game with pedophiles amounts to an organized criminal enterprise. There's no excuse for it and there are some bishops and cardinals who belong in PRISON for nothing else than their systematic efforts to frustrate justice in countless cases.

So if you were a pedophile and you knew you could join an organization that would support and protect you for life, as well as supply you with a steady stream of victims, wouldn't you feel inclined to join ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Does any other church have quite as much organized contact between the pastors and the children? Catholic schools are preferred in numerous cities, even by heathens, because the public schools are poor. There's also the long standing boys choirs, alter boys, etc.

On very limited interaction with the various faiths, it seems there is more opportunity for someone with those sort of tendencies.

And of course, it is the biggest church out there.