JohnRich

Knock knock. "This is the police. May we search your home?"

'this guys a fucking asshole, he can have a ticket as hes obviously got an attitude problem'

A perfect illustration of what is at stake here. Someone exercising their constitutional rights should not be deemed an asshole, and given a ticket just to "teach him a lesson". The person who is really an asshole and which has the wrong attitude in that scenario, is actually the cop giving the ticket. It's unprofesssional and gives all cops a bad name. It's not your job to use your authority to give tickets to people just because you think they're an asshole.

Right on John. Welcome to OUR side!!!
Police discretion abuse is only overshaddowed by prosecutorial discretion abuse.

I got a ticket a couple years ago driving an old beat up POS car. As the lovely guy was finishing up, I said, "I haven't had medical coverage in years, you see what I drive; all you've done is to take what little money I have and appropriate it for the government - you won't change me a bit and you have done no great deed here." He then entered in with the personal responsibility BS.

Sorry but in my opinion people that get all shitty obviously don't understand the consequences of their actions and think they are above everyone else. Best way to make people like that to think twice is to hit them in their pocket. If yo are reasoning with someone and they aren't taking it on board than maybe the fear of getting a ticket everytime they do something worng is the only way to make them drive sensibly.

Sorry but in my opinion people that get all shitty obviously don't understand the consequences of their actions and think they are above everyone else. Best way to make people like that to think twice is to hit them in their pocket. If yo are reasoning with someone and they aren't taking it on board than maybe the fear of getting a ticket everytime they do something worng is the only way to make them drive sensibly.

You're illustrating the problem that I'm refering to; police use discretion to rewrite the laws. The subjectively enforce some, overlook others, relegating this concept of due process and equal protection to just a conversation piece and not the bottom-line protection it was meant to be.

You don't need to agree, but cops laugh when people ask for Constitutional protections, at least they joke about it in private.

The public has disdain for cops due to the hypocrisy and double-standards that the gov deals with cops. Cops just don't get tried or convicted unless not doing so would cause public uproar; the prosecutors only look as far as the media to decide if they have to prosecute.

A recent event took place:

- I was waiting in an intersection to turn left on a green light, no arrow.

- The light turned red, the car ahead proceeded left, I cleared the intersection, then proceeded.

- As I was 1/3 the way thru, a car ran the red and nailed me - totalled the car.

- 26YO hottie got out and asked, "what happened."

- Cops show up, take measurements, spend the entire 45 minutes talking to her, not to me whatsoever, then say, "OK sir, you can go now." I asked, "Statements, are we going to take statements?" He replies, "NO, there will be no tickets issued, so no need to take statements." I asked about the iability end and that we need to take statements for that. He insisted it wasn;t neccessary as it was word/word case since no witnesses were present. I told him my version anyway as he rolled his eyes.

- I get the police report and the dirty pig blames it 100% on me. If you wonder about the disdain for cops, wonder no more. That's one of many examples.

5 years ago the local cops were collecting toys for a toys-for-tots event. There was a drop-off point and one dirty pig decides the toys would look better in his garage, so he outs 5k in toys. He was caught and did they:

- Fire him?
- Try him?
- Anything?

No, the state police licensing agency revoked his cert so he no longer became eligible to be a cop. He probably went to another state to be a hero.

QUESTION: Why is it that our societal leaders coddle cops? My theory is this: If there is ever a public uprisong, AKA revolution, the gov leaders want cops on their side so they allow them to rob, lie and occassionally kill from time to time w/o reprisal.

Be a cop, fine, just don't wonder why many civilians want nothing to do with you. Maybe you're the diamond in teh rough, but as you know, you have a special relatioship duty to turn in dirty cops and I bet most all cops know of scummy crap other cops have done and they keep the blue line solid. I can't believe that any cops wonder why the disdain for cops, they just aren't honorable people outside of their police families.

By the way, I never, "get all shitty" with cops in the street as they are harrassing me. I prefer to make them look as dumb as most of them are during cross-examination if they cite me.

...obviously don't understand the consequences of their actions...

What, telling a cop he's an F'n pig? Read your statement agian and see how elitist it sounds.

obviously don't understand the consequences of their actions

AND

think they are above everyone else

Can yoi understand, after reading your own words, why people might think cops have this omnipotent self-image?

Best way to make people like that to think twice is to hit them in their pocket.

Do you see how you are playing judge here? Your duty is to ENFORCE THE LAW, did you attend that day of class? The judge issues fines, you write violations of those laws.

If yo are reasoning with someone and they aren't taking it on board than maybe the fear of getting a ticket everytime they do something worng is the only way to make them drive sensibly.

...maybe the fear...

Nuff said..... [:/]

The constitution we all know and love has some grey area's. and though we're all americans sometime there are some grey area's.

Uh, the Constitution is ALL grey, hence the SCOTUS to darken in areas, but these areas move around as time goes on.

Lucky

Tsk tsk

What the hell are you doing dude
u've registered

Hi lucky

Hm this is SC :)
Ok your right. You win.:)
Thanks for interupting you busy schedual.

R.I.P.

Thanks for the void reply, now on with your busy "schedual."

BTW, the US Const is grey, hence the SCOTUS to darken in the colors. Don't think so, spend a while pondering the meaning of the word, "reasonable" and its application to presonal rights of privacy and intrusions.

" Lucky"

PA's removed & and other items that weren't: request a instant replay & review od kuckie first resonse and second by a panal of 3 mods.