WatchYourStep

Breast Feeding In Public

First time I saw it, I thought it was cool.
But, after seeing some many freakin' times where it makes you think the woman is an exibitionist, it makes me sick.

I am sure that a four month old infant who is hungry will understand our sensitivity to the matter. If you don't like to see it then look away.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I have no issue with it at all. It's the baby's food source. If a person has an issue with it, don't look. Seeing Delta's position on it, I'll vote with my $$$ and ensure that any flight(s) that I book are not on Delta. I'll, also, ensure that all of my friends and family see the article and hopefully, they'll vote with their $$$ as well.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Yes, I would be breast fed in public!

Can't believe that took over 30 posts.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The irony is that if the entirety of the population (or even a majority) had to do any given task every couple of hours in order to survive, it wouldn't be an issue. But because only a small minority of people at any given time have to do it, others decide to be offended.

hehe, I was going to start a similar post over in women's forum:).

I think it's fine, people should not get offended by it. I get more offended watching women wear low-cut clothes just to get attention.

Breastfeeding is not something to be offended about, IMHO. If I have to do it though, I will be discreet and probably use a blanket.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

What about the fact that this is on a plane?!

NO BABIES ON PLANES! It sucks enough to be crammed into a tiny seat....restricted from smoking.....and forced to sit with people I avoid like crazy on the ground....and then to have a wining, screaming, baby next to me?!?!

AAAAHHHH!

I know everyone is offended by this attidude. I know that you just HAVE to take your infant to Disney World (like it'll have clue). I know that I'm insensitive.

I know this is about boobies....but take the baby away, and the engorged boobies will follow. Nothing nice about seeing leaky boobies anyway.

Oh boy:S I've probably banned myself now.:o

I do believe a mother should cover up,there are some ugly boobies out there,

There a couple of comments like this here, and on previous post about this topic.
People of this ilk have some serious issues, in general the USA moral psyche, if pretty fucked up, you all need to get over you inflated moral selves.
It's breastfeeding, not floor show stripping, here's a tip dont be a creepy pervert and mind you own business
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well everyone I guess there is someone here that can't take a fucking joke.:)

Try being FUNNY jokes work better that way;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think it should be legal and accepted.... but some people do have issue with it, so I think the nice option is for the one breastfeeding to be discrete.

It should not be illegal, it should not be indecent exposure, it should not be restricted (even with :| "ugly boobies")

Honestly.... she's not doing a dance or shaking her shoulders or anything.

edit to add: I know you were probably joking, but some people might really feel that way :|

I think it should be legal and accepted.... but some people do have issue with it, so I think the nice option is for the one breastfeeding to be discrete.

It should not be illegal, it should not be indecent exposure, it should not be restricted (even with:| "ugly boobies")

Honestly.... she's not doing a dance or shaking her shoulders or anything.

I agree in full, with this.

I don't have an issue. But, I'll admit I've rolled my eyes at those definitely NOT being discrete.:D:S:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

just because no-one has mentioned this yet..

no, it is NOT feasible (or kind) to refrain from feeding your normally-breast fed baby on a plane -- or in public if you ever go out for more than a couple of hours and don't want to feed in a toilet (would you want to eat there?). on planes it is particularly essential: babies ears do not adjust well to pressure changes, so it is the standard recommendation to feed them for at least 10 minutes after take off and for the descent period before landing. feeding them will stop them screaming at these times.

also - and not directed at PLFXpert in particular - this whole 'cover up' and be discreet thing is not always as easy as some people make out. god knows, I don't know a single breast feeding mother who didn't do her best to be discreet. most were acutely aware of the potentially judgemental attitudes of people who find it 'off putting'. no way I wanted to flash my nipples in public. BUT sometimes it does just happen, for a short moment. If you are fairly new at breastfeeding you may not find it possible to latch your baby on entirely under shawl. it can be tricky... older babies sometimes object to having their heads totally covered by a cloth while they feed.. sometimes they pull off suddendly to look around.
tip for those of you who find this somehow offensive (which I can't fathom, but anyway): don't stare at the breast area.. look away. everyone will feel better that way.