kallend

How will we remember Dubya?

I predict that long-term history will record him as the worst President since Ulysses Grant.

Hey. At least he drank> "I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink."
William Halsey
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I predict that long-term history will record him as the worst President since Ulysses Grant.

Hey. At least he drank> "I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink."
William Halsey

The key word there is "fighting." It's not applicable to GWB, as he's avoided any personal involvement in fights and only picks them when someone else will do his fighting for him.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Aren't we having a debate in another thread? :P
The fact you've started another thread... does that mean I've won? :P
I thought it was supposed to be harder than that.
And, I expected to learn something.
Oh well, guess that's what you get when you have high expectations.

NO STALKING.

As for Bush, we'll have some more memorable quotes after the impeachment proceedings.

I think the house is a lock, so if that;s the case, I see an impeachemnt on the horizon. Even if the Dems take the Senate there will never be 67 removal votes, so that is out of question.

As for Bush, we'll have some more memorable quotes after the impeachment proceedings.

Hey at least we can all agree on one thing.. it is HIGHLY unlikely that he ever got a single blow job while in office.

No wonder the fucker is so uptight.:D

Neither did his dad; ever see Barbara :o

A question for those on the left. Is it really a good idea to impeach Bush? I'm thinking two words; President Cheney. :o:o:o Unless, of course, we can get a two for one special.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.

No I do not think its a good idea...too devisive like what the republicans did to Clinton... it was too distracting.

I would support an investigation by the world court of the administration officials that took us into an illegal war after they leave office.

>Is it really a good idea to impeach Bush?

Nope. Censor him for his mistakes and then try to figure a way out of this mess. Congress should do their jobs and write legislation that helps us find a way out of this morass. And if he vetoes it, override him and do it anyway.

A question for those on the left. Is it really a good idea to impeach Bush? I'm thinking two words; President Cheney. :o:o:o Unless, of course, we can get a two for one special.

Just a few tidbits on (Tricky Dicky) Cheney for the blind followers or the uninformed;)>http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Richard_Cheney
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

The Impeachment of George W. Bush By Elizabeth Holtzman (Former US congresswoman and member of the Nixon Impeachment panel) outlines the case for impeaching Bush is nearly identical to the case for the Nixon impeachment process.

Cheney could be impeached for directing Libby to leak classified national security information.

Which would make The Speaker of the House as the next president. After mid-term elections, this could be a democrat.;)
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Just a few tidbits on (Tricky Dicky) Cheney for the blind followers or the uninformed;)>http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Richard_Cheney

Oh, *there's* a nice, unbiased source for ya... :S
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think it'd be refreshing for the rest of us if you tell us how a source is biased for a change. How about you hit the link and then indicate whatever fact you believe is wrong on account of bias. Just because there are other sources of information besides the Roger Ailes news network (you probably know them as FOX), it doesn't mean they are biased. Better yet, I'd be curious to see you post any news source other than FOX and WSJ that isn't biased. This posted link is a series of quotes and other links. How is this bias?

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.

Better yet, I'd be curious to see you post any news source other than FOX and WSJ that isn't biased. This posted link is a series of quotes and other links. How is this bias?

Dont you know.. ONLY FOX News is Fair and Balanced..... Goebbels would have loved to have that much ability to reach people:S

Snippets from the 'oh so neutral' page at sourcewatch:

"He evidently sees no conflict of interest between taking this paycheck and participating in White House decisions that have allocated billions of dollars of bids to Halliburton that have not gone to open tender"

"His persistent embroglio in the Junior Bush regime has been with his Energy Task Force through which during the early months of 2001 he was taking dictation from Enron and studying petro maps of Iraq, and wants to keep all those notes a secret."

You look at the general language of the page, and the links - everything on there is an attack against Cheney or the administration.

I guess that's the Lib / Dhimmicrat version of "Fair and Balanced"...

As for other sources, I have a scrolling feed that includes the AP, BBC, Times (London Times, perhaps?), and yes, FOX News.

Seeing as how all your talking points so far are straight from the Soros empire, you might wish to be a bit careful with juggling those rocks there in your glass house.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Snippets from the 'oh so neutral' page at sourcewatch:

"He evidently sees no conflict of interest between taking this paycheck and participating in White House decisions that have allocated billions of dollars of bids to Halliburton that have not gone to open tender"

These are all publicly acknowledged FACTS. It is true that Cheney is still getting paid by Halliburton. It is true that Cheney was instrumental in the awarding of contracts to his former employer without them having to bid on jack shit. It is true that neither Cheney nor anybody else in the administration has stated that they believe this represents a conflict of interest. Even Tony Snow wouldn't refute these facts, he'd argue that no conflict of interest actually exists (an argument which strains the limits of credulity).

"His persistent embroglio in the Junior Bush regime has been with his Energy Task Force through which during the early months of 2001 he was taking dictation from Enron and studying petro maps of Iraq, and wants to keep all those notes a secret."

The only part of that statement which can't be substantiated is the "taking dictation" part. Of course, the only reason this can't be proven is because of the unprecedented secrecy involved.

You look at the general language of the page, and the links - everything on there is an attack against Cheney or the administration.

No, it is a page of facts about Cheney. They have pages "attacking" a wide host of people including democrats.

I guess that's the Lib / Dhimmicrat version of "Fair and Balanced"...

As for other sources, I have a scrolling feed that includes the AP, BBC, Times (London Times, perhaps?), and yes, FOX News.

You really don't know what Times represents on your ticker? :D Nice! Anyway, are you saying that these are sources that are not biased?

Seeing as how all your talking points so far are straight from the Soros empire, you might wish to be a bit careful with juggling those rocks there in your glass house.

Let's say that you're entirely right. Everything on those pages was put there on account of bias. What's your point? Are you suggesting that they can't be trusted? Surely, you'd agree that many true facts are promulgated for reasons of bias, that many untrue facts have been made by people who lack bias, and that facts are either true or not true regardless of where they're found. Would you not?

These are all publicly acknowledged FACTS. It is true that Cheney is still getting paid by Halliburton. It is true that Cheney was instrumental in the awarding of contracts to his former employer without them having to bid on jack shit. It is true that neither Cheney nor anybody else in the administration has stated that they believe this represents a conflict of interest. Even Tony Snow wouldn't refute these facts, he'd argue that no conflict of interest actually exists (an argument which strains the limits of credulity).

Yes, Cheney is getting retirement pay from Halliburton...so what?

You also need to learn how military contracts are let, and in what circumstances no-bid or single source contracts are awarded. I noticed there's not much griping about the no-bid contract that Halliburton got from the Clinton administration (Bosnia/Kosovo).

No, it is a page of facts about Cheney. They have pages "attacking" a wide host of people including democrats.

No, it's a page of attacks with links that support the view - every statement is written to show in as bad a light as possible, with no information allowed that contradicts that - might as well call it "DU lite".

You really don't know what Times represents on your ticker? :D Nice! Anyway, are you saying that these are sources that are not biased?

I'm saying that I read a variety of sources, as well as watch MSNBC, CNN, Fox ... whereas all your points seem to be coming from Soros, Inc.

Let's say that you're entirely right. Everything on those pages was put there on account of bias. What's your point? Are you suggesting that they can't be trusted? Surely, you'd agree that many true facts are promulgated for reasons of bias, that many untrue facts have been made by people who lack bias, and that facts are either true or not true regardless of where they're found. Would you not?

I'm saying nothing for the veracity of their info. It's definitely strongly biased against Cheney, with not even lip service to showing the opposing view.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes, Cheney is getting retirement pay from Halliburton...so what?

You also need to learn how military contracts are let, and in what circumstances no-bid or single source contracts are awarded. I noticed there's not much griping about the no-bid contract that Halliburton got from the Clinton administration (Bosnia/Kosovo).

People who do not understand compensation at that level often think it is a big deal for a person to get delayed compensation. It's not. Companies often delay compensation over a few years to spread out the impact over a few years. It is very often the case with retirement

Yeah, people who do not understand military bidding ofetn gripe about Halliburton. But if they understood military bidding (often quite stupid) then they would not be able to use it as an attack. I also notice no one ever mentions Clintons Military nobids.:S

I also notice no one ever mentions Clintons Military nobids

For the same reason they justify GHW Bush cutting FAR MORE troops than Clinton did, GW Bush closing bases, but they all consider those justified and cricify Clinton. See, the blade cuts both ways...... Clinton loves or hates the military, right?

For the same reason they justify GHW Bush cutting FAR MORE troops than Clinton did, GW Bush closing bases, but they all consider those justified and cricify Clinton. See, the blade cuts both ways...... Clinton loves or hates the military, right?

And yet when Bush cuts the military you crucify him, but praise Clinton when he did...You are right, the blade cuts both ways.

I see you answered nothing but tried to throw a red herring into the discussion....Care to discuss Clintons No bids and how they were "different" than Bush's?

And you flat ignored the compensation issue.

In case you didn't notice, this wasn't a source that I posted, somebody else did. Also, I wasn't making any points about the facts presented other than they were indeed facts. To say that Cheney oversaw the awarding of a contract to a company from which he was still receiving pay is simply not an attack. Now, had the link said that Cheney was an evil son of a bitch whose Mr. Magoo-like eye sight made him a sad choice for a hunting buddy, that would be an attack.

I may understand more about how government works, including the awarding of contracts, than you would ever suspect. I also fully understand the concept of deferred compensation, which in Cheney's case, does not refute the notion that a conflict of interest existed. Between political jobs, Cheney spent his time with Halliburton helping them get the inside poop on how to get a greater share of taxpayer money by taking advantage of the procurement process and his personal rolodex. As vice president, nobody disputes that he was involved in their being awarded a contract without having to compete with other firms. The ostensible propriety of this no-bid award was Halliburton's expertise in fighting oil well fires. Nobody disputes the procurement process was circumvented on this basis or that the resulting "value added" contract was larger in scope than their expertise in oil well fires by an order of magnitude. The extent of Halliburton's abuse of this contract has yet to accounted for because the Republican congress was conveniently disregarding their oversight duties.

I receive information from a wide variety of sources including FOX, the WSJ, and the Standard (if only to be familiar with all points of view). What I don't do, is to avoid dealing with someone else's argument simply by claiming that their source is biased and then declaring victory as you seem to do. If you disagree with something, try telling us why. To say all of my points come from Soros is presumptious and untrue, especially when you consider I made no points at all based on this sourcing.

Bias manifests itself in opinion. Facts do not constitute attacks, even if you don't like them. If you're ever looking to convince me or any of the other posters with whom you seem to disagree, you're just gonna have to do better than dodging points by declaring bias and moving on.

To say that Cheney oversaw the awarding of a contract to a company from which he was still receiving pay is simply not an attack.

As vice president, nobody disputes that he was involved in their being awarded a contract without having to compete with other firms.

Same old whine... still no proof.

I receive information from a wide variety of sources including FOX, the WSJ, and the Standard (if only to be familiar with all points of view).

And all you post (or argue) fits the Dhim marching orders... bias, perhaps?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706