DemolitionDarby

Zulu vs Crossfire 3

IMO the Zulu is a great canopy. Got several hundred jumps on one and still enjoy it. 1.7 loading.
Made one demo jump on the same size C3 and honestly found it lacking. I prefer quicker opening and it snivels to long for my taste, front risers were way to heavy, harness was minimal, and the flare response was way to late in the stroke.
Did several demo's on a size smaller than my Zulu and while the openings were still to long for my taste it did fly better but still not as well as a lighter loaded Zulu.
Again just my 0.02.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

I jump a Zulu and love it. However, the question to ask is what you want out of the canopy. The Zulu opens nicely, quickly but comfortably and typically on heading. It has a very fast recovery arc. It is snappy on toggles. I think its great.

If you plan on getting into higher performance landings, maybe the CF3 is a better fit for you as it has a much longer recovery arc. This is where my experience is limited, I don't swoop.

I think it's hard to compare the two with respect to the amount of R&D and refinement you get from each product. I recommend demoing each canopy to see what suits your needs better.

Aerodyne has been pushing hard to sell their products so there may be good demo and pricing opportunities if that is your preference.

Icarus also has an excellent demo program, and I find their R&D and refinement in the top of the industry with PD.

Make sure the size is appropriate for your needs and test drive each, you don't need us to tell you what you want.

-Michael

hackish

Icarus also has an excellent demo program, and I find their R&D and refinement in the top of the industry with PD.

Icarus don't make the Crossfire 3 - that's NZ Aerosports.
Icarus make the X-Fire.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

degeneration

***Icarus also has an excellent demo program, and I find their R&D and refinement in the top of the industry with PD.

Icarus don't make the Crossfire 3 - that's NZ Aerosports.
Icarus make the X-Fire.

And unfortunately, demoing a crossfire 3 in the US is nowhere near as easy as anything from PD or Aerodyne. I know, I tried and couldn’t.