cpoxon

Javelin adjustable kill line

All the rest has been standard on the Vector for a while, but I really like that kill line design. Assuming that it's attached with a lark's head at the PC apex, this design allows you to pre-manufacture kill lines of the right length with two finger traps at both ends, and replace them in the field without having to bartack anything. Lark's head at the PC, thread through the bridle, and slip it on at the other end.

As for the lengthening aspect, the hard part is getting jumpers to actually check the length of their kill line once in a while.

mxk

All the rest has been standard on the Vector for a while, but I really like that kill line design. Assuming that it's attached with a lark's head at the PC apex, this design allows you to pre-manufacture kill lines of the right length with two finger traps at both ends, and replace them in the field without having to bartack anything. Lark's head at the PC, thread through the bridle, and slip it on at the other end.

As for the lengthening aspect, the hard part is getting jumpers to actually check the length of their kill line once in a while.

Yes, the kill line is attached with a lark's head at the PC. If/when time permits, an instruction could be created to illustrate how this kill line can now be easily adjusted for perfect calibration. And or easily replaced without sewing!

Getting jumpers to actually check the length of their kill line once in a while will never happen. [:/]

And destroys the bridle about half way through the pilotchutes life because of the much higher friction coefficiant of Vectran compared to Spectra.

a couple of manufacturers used or are still using HMA or Vectran for their killlines. Guess what needs repair every other repack on those rigs...

I really don't think a more heat resistant line fibre is the solution here. For those, that aren't jumping in desert conditions siliconising the killline can do wonders. Did it once early on on my then new rig, made around 900 jumps on it so far and haven't had to lenghten it and don't expect having to do it until I get a new PC, probably in another 500 jumps or so (Jav Odyssey)
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Sometimes I repair worn bridle parts for a customer. More often I show them all parts that are also worn and will need repair soon. That I pull out a brand new bride and pilot chute system from stock tell them how much it'll cost and sell it to them. Problem solved.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Surely also depends on bridle design, e.g I found the hidden killline types (UPT-style and new Sunpath style) to be more susceptible to burn marks. But the POD stopper at the bridle is most often the first part the kill line eats through.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends