Bye_gravity

Cookie G3 vs KISS?

Hey guys! I'm interested in buying either KISS or G3 since both are well-received on the market, but I might just need some recommendations on whichever is bit more superior overall. Also on a side note, what're the benefits of having the mouthpiece on G3s? Would you prefer having your mouth covered or exposed and why?:P
You fly with the wind, or the wind flies you.

Voted boobies because.... boobies, but own a KISS. I tried on both and felt the KISS was more comfortable and had features the I liked. Being able to access audible directly from the outside is a big plus. I also like that there is no chin strap on the KISS, but that's more personal preference. If you don't care about getting one in a fancy color the KISS can also be had on eBay for less than the G3 but you'll have to wait until square one puts one up in your size, and the only colors are matte or gloss black. Try both on and see what you like, but be advised the KISS helmets do seem to run small. I tried on a large G3 that fit but was an XL with the kiss. You'll want to get the correct size with the kiss especially since there is no chin strap as a backup.

They're both fine helmets. I've tried on both, and the G3 fit better for my head. Others have had the opposite. The only real way is to try them both on and see for yourself. In most DZs that don't have a gear shop that can be problematic of course, but hopefully there's people around that won't mind you trying on their helmets.

Since you have Perris listed as your DZ, I would side with the KISS just because you have square one on site and you can get a discount on it once you finish AFF. Like people have said both are nice but it does help if you have any problems that they have the parts right there to swap between loads.

Remster

Try them both. Get the one that fits better.

This.

They are slightly different shapes. They are both excellent helmets.

(I have one of each. I wear the KISS more, but that just means it fits my weird shaped melon better. Your mileage may and indeed will vary, demo demo demo.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

The shape is definitely and noticably different. I tried both - the sizing for them is very different as well as the shape - I found that the KiSS fit better, though I had to get it in XXL to really fit comfortably once I tried looking up and arching.

The other helmet to look at in the same vane is the Bonehead Aero - friend has one and sings its praises constantly.