swedishcelt

foreign educational reforms- int'l equivalents of NCLB?

I was wondering about this and it sparked a conversation in my class...

The USA is trying so hard to raise standards and reform education here. I did a search and came up with little. Do some of you from other countries know of good sites or have opinions/ facts/ info. on what is being done in other countries to raise standards or education? My professor asked me to talk to my international friends and ask them about their country's educ. reform efforts, like our NCLB- Do you have anything that compares at all? Hopefully with better results?

Basically NCLB is a sanctioned policy and plan by the government to improve the educational standards of our USA educational system. NCLB stands for No Child Left Behind and is designed to reward and punish schools who do and don't improve their standards and standardized test results according to a rate and timeline the government has put in place. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding it here, as evidenced by the threads in here about it already.