browardct

Square1 Fullface Helmet KISS - Visor Problem

Quick question here...2 weeks ago, I lost my Kiss visor during freefall.

After ordering a new one, I tested it and realized that when I went from the position ''close'' to open, the left side of the visor was popping out of the mecanism.

Has that happenned to anyone ? Is there a solution, I really don't understand why it isn't locking well.

P.s Does someone has the online manual for the kiss helmet ?

thanks

Make sure you're seating your visor correctly in the mechanism. There's a small tab on the circular connection part on the inside of the side of the visor (where it interfaces with the closure). To make sure that your visor is correctly installed, line up the circular part of the visor with the circle on the mechanism, push the release button - this causes the spring loaded piece to open - allowing the tab on the visor to fit under the spring loaded piece of the mechanism then, release the button. If you can see the tab, or the spring loaded piece isn't covering the tab (i.e. it's not being pushed back into place) the problem may be there.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense. Hope this helps.

Lost mine last weekend. Was a sit-fly. I thought I slammed it all the way down, I guess I was wrong. Buddy of mine said he saw the visor starting to vibrate and then popped off. He thought it was hilarious. Me, not so much. In fact, I am surprised neighbors didn't complain about hearing all these 4-letter words coming from the sky.

One thing that was weird before it popped off, visor won't stay in Open position, it would just slide down. I have GoPro mount on top, so it doesn't lock in place, but friction alone held it. My new visor (dark tint, looks badass as hell) stays open with no issues.

So, I'd say, if you feel that there's not a whole lot of friction, double-check mechanisms on both sides, re-seat if you have to. And confirm that both sides are locked before exiting.