wildernessmedic

Possible stolen rig?

So I picked up a Vector 2 with a Triathlon 175 and a swift plus 175 reserve off of Craigslist for 300 bucks.

I scoured the stolen gear list before buying.

I contacted the DZ where the last repack was and they tried to contact that last owner.

But it's been almost 10 years since it was repacked.

The guy I bought it from swears some woman quit and didn't want it anymore so he was just selling it for some money.

Obviously fishy, but I feel like that its been so long no one is probably looking for it anymore.

If the rightful owner comes forward and shows it was theres and stolen I would love to get it back to them.

That being said, how long should I wait until selling it. Or calling it "mine" and selling my old rig?

Definitely sounds fishy, I hope you got info on the seller. They definitely didn't know the cost of what they had. Yes it's old gear but it may have been in someone's closet during a burglary. Was the dz somewhat nearby? I would want to get a hold of the po before I do anything with it

So you bought the Victor 2 backpack? Some people was trying to find out about it now. I spoke to the guy yesterday and he wanted money transferred Western Union. Maybe it is legit. But if you wait a few days someone probably will come forward with some info. And if it is legit I know someone that is interested I am sure if it was stolen they would be glad to buy it back. .

Stusmooth

So you bought the Victor 2 backpack? Some people was trying to find out about it now. I spoke to the guy yesterday and he wanted money transferred Western Union. Maybe it is legit. But if you wait a few days someone probably will come forward with some info. And if it is legit I know someone that is interested I am sure if it was stolen they would be glad to buy it back. .

Yes the VICTOR BACKPACK is mine! :D

The rigger that last packed it in Oregon posted an explanation. Apparently the lady ran into tough times/trouble and sold it to pay some fines. The seller seemed sketchy with his whole PayPal me to ship it deal. But the explanation adds up to what he told me. A woman quit and he got it really cheap. I guess it was legally sold.... score?

I've got one with almost the same story for sale shortly. And a Northern lite with a couple hundred jumps hanging on the rack since 2005 that the widow is finally ready to let go. Both need just a little work before they go in classifieds.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE