baronn

Tempo reserve brake setting

WTF? How in the world?

Leaving that aside, I have some old PISA info, see attached.
You may be able to derive the needed info from the seemingly odd way it lists brake settings, relative to the A/B/C/D lines.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood your wording. You're probably talking about the mark for the toggles, where one forms a loop. Not that there's no brake eye at all.

Tempos have unusually long lower brake lines (cat's eye to toggle). Sorry that I do not have the trim chart in front of me but most Tempos need toggles tied on about 25 inches below the locking eye. This prevents most jumpers from stalling the canopy when they flare. I have packed hundreds of Tempo reserves - and have more than dozen saves - and only heard one customer complain about how his Tempo flew. Despite the fact that he ......

Meanwhile most other reserves have lower steering lines closer to 21 inches long.

pchapman

Leaving that aside, I have some old PISA info, see attached.
You may be able to derive the needed info from the seemingly odd way it lists brake settings, relative to the A/B/C/D lines.

Odd indeed. What's with defining the brake setting for the 150 differently than for the other sizes? And either I'm doing it wrong, or it doesn't follow the pattern. It seems to me that for the 120, the brake setting is 67mm longer than the A line (65 AB diff + 132 BC diff - 130 C-brake diff), the 150 is 130mm longer than the A line (straight up 130mm A-brake diff), and the 170 is 112mm longer than the A line (80+162-130). Although it seems that such a break in the pattern of linelenghts is also in the full flight settings.

Am I reading the linetrim chart wrong, or is the 150 just the odd one out?