VTmotoMike08

Mirage Trap system (MARD) has been out for several years now. What is the feedback from the field?

I'm just wondering what jumpers and riggers think of this system now that it has been out for a little while? I have not heard of it killing anyone, so that's a plus. I'm considering a new Mirage, and might get this. Not sure how popular it is and how many riggers would recognize it? Of course a good rigger would read the manufacturer's literature before assembling it but I don't see instructions for it on their website, which is frustrating.

The Trap System packing instructions are half way down their Downloads page:

http://miragesys.com/downloads/
(Although it is a little odd that downloadable logos are at the top and manuals are at the bottom of the page. No biggie.)

These days I would guess any rig's value will be increased by having a MARD, to an extent that makes the cost for that option worthwhile. Not to mention its actual usefulness in skydiving. (I don't have any knowledge of how the Trap is doing in service though.)

Right, I have seen their videos but I'm specifically interested in hearing from people who have either packed several of them, or have had a reserve activated by the system. I know Mirage is not the most popular container manufacturer but the system has been out for over two years now so surely people have developed some familiarity with it. Anyone?