kallend

McCain, Warner, Graham and Powell act honorably

Ok, fine.

Treat them as prisoners of war. No "objectionable" questioning. Also, no trials. After all, they're prisoners, not arrestees.

When there's a peace treaty between the US and AQ, negotiate release of the POW's.

Problem solved.

Which version do you prefer, the version written by a group of Republican Senators with extensive military experience and which is backed by a former chairman of the JCS? Or the Chickenhawk version from the White House which is opposed by the most senior JAGs from each of the four services?

the chickenhawk version, obviously. i mean seriously, Bush has way more experience than the others, he MUST know what is RIGHT. as a man who's had personal experiences in the military i'm sure he understands how it works, right? he is, after all, El Presidente. :S:S

in the world i live and work in, we have what are sometimes known as SME's - subject matter experts. (guys like powell, and his peers in this example) i tend to listen to these folks, since they often know things i don't. it's funny too, because most of the time they're right! and i look sooo much smarter when i pay attn to the SME's and do what they say, really, its amazing.

what ever happened to that idea? surrounding yourself with people smarter than you are, and then listening to them? i must've not been paying attn when that idea died. [email]
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

>what ever happened to that idea? surrounding yourself with
>people smarter than you are, and then listening to them?

The modern version of that is to surround yourself with people who agree with you, then listen to them. If they disagree with you, fire them. Then you're always right.

>what ever happened to that idea? surrounding yourself with
>people smarter than you are, and then listening to them?

The modern version of that is to surround yourself with people who agree with you, then listen to them. If they disagree with you, fire them. Then you're always right.

LOL, i see, i see...seems the bush admin has found a wonderful little add-on to that...once you fire "them" its easy to label "them" as "against you/us". viola, the natural cycle of us vs them continues!

this is an interesting read on the President's reaction to Powell's letter and the media coverage: http://mediamatters.org/items/200609170002

the first question to Bush during the September 15 press conference came from Associated Press White House correspondent Terence Hunt, who asked: "If a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former secretary of state feels this way, don't you think that Americans and the rest of the world are beginning to wonder whether you're following a flawed strategy?"

Bush responded: "If there's any comparison between the compassion and decency of the American people and the terrorist tactics of extremists, it's flawed logic. I simply can't accept that."

...the part that really gets me though, is what Sammy would have followed up with, given the chance...he says:

DONALDSON: Well the follow-up is just that: "Sir, are you saying that Colin Powell -- and you almost said in so many words -- cares more about the terrorists and believes they have the high moral ground rather than the United States? Is that the way you read the pure words of his letter, sir? Could someone read them to you?

oh Sam, if only you'd been there and asked that question...where does the President go when the spin and the FUD selling runs dry...how is he going to convince the American people that Powell is a Terrorist-Lover then? maybe they'll come out with a commerical and question his service record...;)
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

> My only real gripe with McCain is the McCain/Feingold bill.

Agree, however McCain is no Conservitive and will find it very difficult in getting the Nomination of the Republican Party.

Many in the North East like him as well as in the west because he holds many of the same values. In the South however he is not all that respected. I've made myself very clear on many post in the past concerning this Dem dressed as a Repub, he did'nt get the nod in 2000 and he want get it in 2008.

When we gather for our convention in 2008, I'll be voting NO. NO Way for a McCain Presidency.

Ok, fine.

Treat them as prisoners of war. No "objectionable" questioning. Also, no trials. After all, they're prisoners, not arrestees.

When there's a peace treaty between the US and AQ, negotiate release of the POW's.

Problem solved.

SO

Which version do you prefer, the version written by a group of Republican Senators with extensive military experience and which is backed by a former chairman of the JCS? Or the Chickenhawk version from the White House which is opposed by the most senior JAGs from each of the four services?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Doesn't matter, if they're being held as POW's, then they can't use "objectionable means" to question them.

Of course, the recent news that the 'objectionable means' provided valid information and allowed us to prevent some attacks may put a rather large hole in the bilges of the arguments...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Doesn't matter, if they're being held as POW's, then they can't use "objectionable means" to question them.

Of course, the recent news that the 'objectionable means' provided valid information and allowed us to prevent some attacks may put a rather large hole in the bilges of the arguments...

Apparently you believe a proven liar. I don't. Neither, it seems does the Senate committee.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Apparently you believe a proven liar. I don't. Neither, it seems does the Senate committee.

Ok, now that you're done attacking the messenger... any other response to the facts?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ok, now that you're done attacking the messenger... any other response to the facts?

What facts?

What you posted as "news" was revealed in a speech by Bush Jr. he has been wrong (personally I believe lied) about almost everything with regards to Iraq. Why would I all of a sudden believe him on that self-serving statement?

What facts?

What you posted as "news" was revealed in a speech by Bush Jr. he has been wrong (personally I believe lied) about almost everything with regards to Iraq. Why would I all of a sudden believe him on that self-serving statement?

Try again - it was from an interview with a gov't official.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Try again - it was from an interview with a gov't official.

Well, that certainly makes it fact then. :S

*yawn* I'm sure it's not, since it didn't come from one of the "approved" sources... oh wait, it did.... my mistake: the info wasn't from a gov't official, it was from the chief investigative correspondent for ABC News....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

*yawn* I'm sure it's not, since it didn't come from one of the "approved" sources... oh wait, it did.... my mistake: the info wasn't from a gov't official, it was from the chief investigative correspondent for ABC News....

I still don't see how that makes it a fact.....