Flavius

Viso logging your hop & pops?

Mine skipped a few hop & pops, especially when I pulled quickly. It seems I didn't reach a fast enough freefall for the logging software to count it as a jump.

Does yours log hop & pops? How about other brands?

My display also stays at 0 until about 250ft during takeoff, not sure if it's related.

both observations you made are normal for any digital altimeter I know.

It has some build in pressure margin both on the ground and in the plane/freefall as the only sensor it can work with is a barometric one. Otherwise even small weather changes would start to show some readings when you're on the ground.
In the plane and start of your freefall it has a build in lag as well, otherwise every holding in the plane and loss of a few meters of altitude during glide and even jump run would trigger the start of your skydive.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Yup, my viso barely even registers half of my jumps. Granted, doing CRW I don't wait around in freefall waiting for my Viso to catch up. I simply gave up on the idea of logging, but it sometimes think I started my jump at 2000ft, just because I was dicking around with stalling my canopy after the CRW-work was over but before landing pattern.

If I stop doing the stalls, I might use the logging as a chop counter, since that's the only time I do freefall anyway nowadays!:P:P

IJskonijn

I currently have it set to STU, which is meant for detecting short exit delays (according to the manual). I'll have a shot at setting it at SLO, see if that works better.

Sorry, I meant STU. I use SLO when wingsuiting and that one does miss hop&pops if I forget to change it back.