nobucket

Low bulk canopies - whats best - your help needed

Im wanting to buy a low bulk canopy and would like to know what people think of the ones currently available.
I don't care if it is boring to fly or glide ratio.
I'm more into a low bulk with really good flare as I'm getting old and can't run like I used too.
Give us you us thoughts on the

Winx
Horizon
Lpv
Epicene

or anything else.

Thank you

try a firebolt at the lower end of wing loading. nancy at jumpshack would help you out. we have a very large one one at my dz and have packed for the owner from new. easy to pack from day one since it is hybrid. and sets him down nicely every time.

try a firebolt at the lower end of wing loading. nancy at jumpshack would help you out. we have a very large one one at my dz and have packed for the owner from new. easy to pack from day one since it is hybrid. and sets him down nicely every time.

I second this motion. I went from a Sabre2-150 to Firebolt 164 and that was a significant reduction in pack volume due to the hybrid construction. It is a fully elliptical wing and it tends to fly 'big'. Check out the Reviews here - It is an absolutely fantastic canopy.
=========Shaun ==========

You might consider an Apex Lobo.

https://apexbase.com/product/the-lobo/

We build skydiving Lobos for wingsuiters and people looking for an UltraLite skydiving main. We can build them in any size (multiples of 10) without a tailpocket and modified crossports for slower skydive-style openings. 100% PN-9 ultralight material.

Feel free to give us a ring if you're curious. I can point you to a few people flying them currently with good results.
Apex BASE

Bluhdow

You might consider an Apex Lobo.

https://apexbase.com/product/the-lobo/

We build skydiving Lobos for wingsuiters and people looking for an UltraLite skydiving main. We can build them in any size (multiples of 10) without a tailpocket and modified crossports for slower skydive-style openings. 100% PN-9 ultralight material.

you can build a 130 lobo?

Feel free to give us a ring if you're curious. I can point you to a few people flying them currently with good results.

BASE 1519

I put 400 jumps on a PD Pulse, good canopy and it lasts long because of 100% ZP on the top skin. Good for all skydiving disciplines and not "wingsuit only" like the Horizon. Pretty docile to fly and the flare is good enough, but not super powerful.

Demoed an Atair WinX for 7 jumps. Better wingsuit openings than my PD Storm I currently use, stronger flare than a Pulse. WinX is cheaper than all PD canopies at the moment. But in the low pack/ultralight version only the top skin nose is made of ZP, which might limit lifespan a bit.

Same goes for the Epicene, which has no ZP at all as far as I know.. haven't tried it myself but heard average feedback from guys who own one.

I would go for the Pulse. Edit: If you haven't heard of the Pulse yet, here's the PD product video that also shows pack volume vs. a Sabre2 https://youtu.be/lWM-r67r-9Y

I second that opinion. Just made the switch from the Epicene (150) to the WinX (150). My WinX is full ZP so it makes my comparing of the two canopies somewhat unfair. Judging from this frame of reference however, I much prefer my WinX. The WinX seems a bit more touchy yaw wise during opening but outshines the Epicene in every other aspect (besides maybe packing when you get it in full ZP).

Due to dwindling leg speed I'm after the slowest landing, biggest flare possible. My thoughts were along the lines of getting a big low bulk possibly 2 sizes bigger than I currently have.
Thanks for the advice and it sounds like the Winx solves most of my problems and the pulse and firebolt sound ok too.
Does anyone have opinions on the LPV and zpx material from aerodyne.

RMURRAY

... is firebolt low bulk?!?