mxk

Vigil Cuatro AAD (4-mode update to 2+)

Looks like Advanced Aerospace Designs quietly released an update to Vigil 2+ that now supports four modes (Pro, Student, Tandem, and Xtreme) in a single AAD. Not much information on their website apart from the updated manual:

https://www.vigil.aero/wp-content/uploads/Vigil-Cuatro-Users-Manual-US-v2017.06.pdf

Willy@Vigil told me a few months ago that I'll be able to update my 2+ to the new 4-mode, so despite the change to the control unit button, I think the underlying hardware is the same.

They were also working on setting up servicing in Florida so that US owners didn't have to ship the units to Belgium for firmware updates. If anyone sent theirs in recently, I'd like to know how long the entire round trip took and whether you went through Vigil America or not. I'm planning on sending mine in this fall.

Even if you're not interested in having the Xtreme mode, there was a previous update to my 2+ (manufactured W38 2014, original version 06.01) that Vigil said was "strongly recommend." I couldn't get any actual details on what was changed or what the current version is.

Just had a customer buy a brand new rig and Vigil 2+ and in came a Vigil Cuatro. The box included a Vigil 2+ instruction manual and promotional material. Looks like a handsome unit. The control unit has a much larger and more secure cable junction - which has been a complaint of mine on the Vigil 1 in particular.

Attached is an image of the Cuatro head.
=========Shaun ==========

Is it my imagination or do I only see 1 Closing Pin. is the second loop on the reserve Cable????

HA No that is your imagination and the camera angle. There are 2 pins for sure. The rig is tilted towards the camera and so it looks like the cable is laying on top of the pin, but it is above and to the left. Just happens to be at the exact angle that the cable looks like it completely covers the pin.

Zoomed in on the high res image - you can see the pin behind the cable, loop over the pin, the bend start and stop of the top of the pin itself, and even the loop through the AAD Cutter.

You Can't see my hand below the frame lifting the rig slightly for a better angle -

Good eyes, hope you feel better -

Unstable

Just had a customer buy a brand new rig and Vigil 2+ and in came a Vigil Cuatro. The box included a Vigil 2+ instruction manual and promotional material. Looks like a handsome unit. The control unit has a much larger and more secure cable junction - which has been a complaint of mine on the Vigil 1 in particular.

Attached is an image of the Cuatro head.

What rig is that, with the pins in the backpad?