waltappel

Another Virgin Mary Sighting

I love stuff like this!

From http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/17/chocolate.mary.ap/index.html:

Here's an excerpt:

Sweet Mary, mother of God?
Workers at candy company see form of Virgin Mary in chocolate

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California (AP) -- Workers at a chocolate company have discovered a 2-inch-tall (5-centimeter-tall) column of chocolate drippings that they believe bears a striking resemblance to traditional depictions of the Virgin Mary.

Since the discovery of the drippings under a vat on Monday, employees of Bodega Chocolates have spent much of their time hovering over the tiny figure, praying and placing rose petals and candles around it.

Walt

I think someone should eat the virgin mary chocolate...

The Fark heading on this story is "the only question is who gets to bite the head off"

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Ever notice how a vagina looks like the virgin Mary..with the gown and hood. The sillouette is the same.

Virgin my ass. She just didn't want to get in trouble. " I swear, we were just heavy pettting.":D

And so... a religion was born from a girl who lied. Unfuckingbelievable so to speak.:|

I think someone should eat the virgin mary chocolate...

The Fark heading on this story is "the only question is who gets to bite the head off"

Brie

That's easy: Sally Forth! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ever notice how a vagina looks like the virgin Mary..with the gown and hood. The sillouette is the same.

Virgin my ass. She just didn't want to get in trouble. " I swear, we were just heavy pettting.":D

And so... a religion was born from a girl who lied. Unfuckingbelievable so to speak.:|

i'm taking your comments as somewhat tongue-in-cheeck, and i sincerely hope that was your intent. still, for catholics, such comments as yours can easily be very offensive to others.

sangiro once really took me to task for making a joke about "dumb christians in the south," by posting a photograph of a church marque that had the slogan of that cable-guy comedian on it, "git-r-done," somewhat even making fun of myself, since my beliefs have been quite public on this website.

I wonder if you'll get any fustigation for your (far more inflammatory) comments, even thinly veiled in humor, as you may think they are. :|

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Thanks for your reply. Well put.
People do seem to stretch these sightings quite a bit and I don't think this deserves the recognition. But even so, many of the comments made here go a bit too far.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Thanks for your reply. Well put.
People do seem to stretch these sightings quite a bit and I don't think this deserves the recognition. But even so, many of the comments made here go a bit too far.

you're welcome. there's more i wanted to say, but i didn't want to give the poster - or the subject matter - any further attention than they deserve, as you so rightly commented in your post.

i think we all could use this as a reminder, ME INCLUDED, that ya know, there are some topics that just shouldn't be the source of an attempt at "humor." This is obvoiusly one of them. (That's assuming, of course, that the poster was, in fact, attempting to be funny.)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

People do seem to stretch these sightings quite a bit and I don't think this deserves the recognition.

People praying to a chunk of chocolate is something I find tremendously funny and worthy of recognition. Much to the chagrin of intelligent Christians everywhere.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

People do seem to stretch these sightings quite a bit and I don't think this deserves the recognition.

People praying to a chunk of chocolate is something I find tremendously funny and worthy of recognition. Much to the chagrin of intelligent Christians everywhere.

Just remember how intelligence is distributed. Recall the bell curve? Contrary to what the modern day cultural elitists lead you to believe, IQ has a normative distribution even among (GASP!) Christians and does not discriminate based on religious belief. There will be dumb ones in the lower tail, the majority will be in the middle, and there will be brilliant ones in the other tail.

And yes, I see those of you who have a disdain for Christians rolling your eyes and having a little chuckle over this, thinking that intelligence in the Christian community is, on the other hand a skewed distribution w/ everyone lumped around a very low mean. May Our Lady of the Chocolate Bunny (or whatever it was) smite you! :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

And so... a religion was born from a girl who lied. Unfuckingbelievable so to speak.

Well, she had pretty good reason to lie. Back in the day, if a unwed woman was pregnant, the common reaction of the public was to stone her to death. It makes sense to make your attackers afraid, and pretty much everyone was afraid of God. Thus, "God made me pregnant." So, lie or not, it's a pretty smart move if you want to live.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Religion offends me to no end. Do you have a problem with that? How dare you offend me with your beliefs.

I have no problem with your offense at religion, particularly mine. My beliefs, quite frankly, have little to do with this. What we're talking about is YOUR extreme lack of decorum in a public forum. Just b/c something offends your delicate sensibilities (the faith of Catholics) should not give you license to slew venomous garbage about a highly revered person in the faith of over a billion people.

That is an extremely lame and immature reason. And you know it.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Religion offends me to no end. Do you have a problem with that? How dare you offend me with your beliefs.

Hey Cocheese,

Whether or not religion offends you to no end, how about having some respect for your fellow dz.commers. There are quite a few posters here who hold the Virgin Mary in very high regard.

I've never had a problem with you or Walt and I hope I still don't. Just understand that this thread is highly offensive to me and others.

Thanks for your understanding,
Chris