ChrisL

making a comeback

Howdy. I've been out of the sport for about 4 years and I'm wanting to come back.

I'm a little older, a little heavier, and a little less interested in running out landings so I'm thinking of upsizing my main before hitting the sky again.

I currently have a Pilot 168 which only has 37 jumps total on it. Virtually brand new. Still crisp and a PITA to pack :)

I'm wanting to replace it with a Pilot 188 ZPX so I can keep my same container.

I'm wondering what price I should ask for the 168.

Ideally I'd trade even up with a similar condition ZPX 188, but dont know how likely I am to find one...

Advice or suggestions are always welcome
__

My mighty steed

Just my opinion, but the ZPX canopies don't seem to wear as well or flare as well over the life of the canopy. I am an Aerodyne fan, but I am not a ZPX fan.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Just my opinion, but the ZPX canopies don't seem to wear as well or flare as well over the life of the canopy. I am an Aerodyne fan, but I am not a ZPX fan.

I actually downsized from a ZPX 188 to a the regular 168 I have now.
I liked the ZPX a lot. Put a couple hundred jumps on it with no issues whatsoever.

I really don't want to have to buy a whole new rig and if I upsize to a regular 188 that's exactly what I'll have to do because my container would be too tight for it.
__

My mighty steed

ChrisL

I currently have a Pilot 168 which only has 37 jumps total on it. Virtually brand new. Still crisp and a PITA to pack :)

I'm wanting to replace it with a Pilot 188 ZPX so I can keep my same container.

I'm wondering what price I should ask for the 168.

Ideally I'd trade even up with a similar condition ZPX 188, but dont know how likely I am to find one...

Advice or suggestions are always welcome

Last year I bought an old (DOM 2014) new-in-stock 168ZPX for US$1800. Given that ZPX is slightly more expensive than regular ZP, and yours has been jumped, somewhere between $1600 and $1700 sounds like it'd be appropriate?
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

Found a couple other threads which said pricing a used canopy a base formula would be to subtract 20% from the price of a brand new one, and then an additional $1 per jump.

A new ZP Pilot 168 goes for $2285

So That formula puts this around $1800

Does that sound about right?
__

My mighty steed

ChrisL

Found a couple other threads which said pricing a used canopy a base formula would be to subtract 20% from the price of a brand new one, and then an additional $1 per jump.

A new ZP Pilot 168 goes for $2285

So That formula puts this around $1800

Does that sound about right?

Taking a look through the classifieds, that seems pretty similar to what others are asking.

I also came across this in case you hadn't seen it:
http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/Main_Canopies/Aerodyne_Pilot_188_ZPX_198722.html
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery