rushmc

The New Left ?

(Although I don't think any of us were democratically elected to anything. . . .)

speak for yourself mr-volunteered-for-difficult-moderator-in-a-thankless-role-guy

Moderators aren't elected. [:/]

see above where I wrote "volunteered"

I'm sure some of us were elected to something. For example,

Nightingale for president '08

it's pending...

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Bill, Wendy et al

Your responses do not surprise me. Simply calling Ahmadinejad a sabre rattler is a mistake. Funny, we here in the US thought Hitler was a joke too until it was almost too late.

To me it is very sad when supposedly educated people like yourself make the mistake of not taking crazy people seriously. Ahmadinejad clearly wants every Jew in the world dead, and has the will to do it.
Isn't it amazing that right before the UN vote on Irans Nuke ambitions, Hezbolla (with Irans backing) started to cause more problems for isreal... Distraction anyone?

I am not going to try to convince you otherwise Bill, it is about as useful as you trying to convince me Liberalism will save the world;)

However, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so when the real war begins you can remember this post warning you.

Have fun inside your bubble B|

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Why? many educated people like yourself voted for Bush....

.....and many would again!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>To me it is very sad when supposedly educated people like yourself
> make the mistake of not taking crazy people seriously.

You think we should take crazy people seriously? Why? They're crazy. You can't predict what they're going to do; they do not behave rationally. That's why they're crazy.

But this guy is not crazy, nor is he a dictator. He was elected, so at least half the Iranians think he's a good leader. He simply does not want the same thing we want, and is making lots of rhetorical speeches to score political points. Just like our leader.

>Ahmadinejad clearly wants every Jew in the world dead . . .

Right. That's why he has Jews in his cabinet. So he can kill them. I hear he kills babies too.

Gotta see beyond the right wing hate blogs. Here's what he said about Israel:

"Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement."

In other words, he wants regime change; he references the 'corrupt Israeli regime' over and over. Are you really going to claim that we must go to war with people who advocate regime change?

>I am not going to try to convince you otherwise Bill, it is about as
>useful as you trying to convince me Liberalism will save the world

Liberalism won't save the world, nor will conservatism, or right-wing christian radicalism, or Islam. Leaving people the fuck alone will go a long way towards saving it, though.

>However, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so when the real
> war begins you can remember this post warning you.

So when WE start the war it will prove to you that Iran is a threat? If someone beat you up in a bar, would that prove you're a violent sort of guy?

HE was elected.... Yup. And I trust the elections in IRAN were as fair as the ones in IRAQ before SH was taken down.

Funny how people in the US think our voting process is corrupted, but IRANs must be on the up and up!!!!

Stupid people!!!!

Hitler in the 30's was a crazy sabre rattler too. No one took him real serious.

However, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there so when the real war begins you can remember this post warning you.

Well, there were plenty of posts before we went into Iraq saying that there would be no WMD.

Only the people who support the war found different reasons to support it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

how is that relevant to my post????

Oh wait, it isn't. But then I could I expect YOU to stay on topic? Silly me.

You should run for office, you'd make a fine politician

I quoted the part it was relevant to. You're saying that you're leaving something in there for future generations to know you said so early. All I'm saying is that it's unlikely to have the desired effect.

The original point was a speech by some lady. We've drifted far afield since then. The poster generally chooses the topic, not the person being responded to.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)