rushmc

The New Left ?

The NEA has always been firmly in the Dem's pockets...

I guess it bothers them that the other party has embraced the "Dumb as dirt and proud of it" crowd in such a basic way.

Is that compared to the "La-La Land and proud of it" crowd? :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nah I was talking about you good ole boys.. the ones Georgie Boy panders to.... even if he did go to an Ivy League School and was a cheerleader.....he also panders to the get your talking points from your local preacher on Sunday morning crowd.... while you are there for the down home fashion show sunday best crowd.

Public schools are controlled by local school boards, whose members are elected by the people of the district. When you are so far to the right that almost everyone looks like a leftist maybe the problem is you.

That may be the way it looks on the surface but all the money collected goes to Washintong first and then you get your money back only when you teach what they (the left politico in washinton) tell you to teach.

Ahem, what have you been smoking? All three branches of the govt. in Washington are controlled by the Republicans. If Washington looks like its controlled by lefties to you, maybe the problem is YOU.

The NEA has always been firmly in the Dem's pockets...

What has the National Endowment for the Arts got to do with setting school policy?;)

If you don't like what your schools are doing, elect a new school board. Blaming "the left" is an absurd cop-out.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ahem, what have you been smoking? All three branches of the govt. in Washington are controlled by the Republicans. If Washington looks like its controlled by lefties to you, maybe the problem is YOU.

In numbers maybe but most of them that stay in the belt are so scared of what is being said about them in the media they do not vote that way. You know full well that the education admin is not run by conservatives either.

Nice try though........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In numbers maybe but most of them that stay in the belt are so scared of what is being said about them in the media they do not vote that way. You know full well that the education admin is not run by conservatives either.

Nice try though........

I don't know what it's like down your way, but up here in Illinois the educational administrators are appointed by elected school boards and can be dismissed by those elected school boards.

Nice try though........

I don't know what it's like down your way, but up here in Illinois the educational administrators are appointed by elected school boards and can be dismissed by those elected school boards.

....and they too are told by Washington, what has to be taught so they can get thier own money back.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nice try though........

....and they too are told by Washington, what has to be taught so they can get thier own money back.

The same Washington that has a Republican Congress, a Republican White House and Houston's own Margaret Spellings (former Bush aide) as Secretary of Education? That bunch of lefties?

You will lose credibility (;)) if you keep making statements like that.

You will lose credibility if you keep making statements like that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So will you...

The NEA is a lobby group. Those stats mean nothing when it comes to how the education systems works.

I would think that the NRA donates much more money to Republicans than it gives to Democrats, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how guns are or aren't legislated.

The NEA is a lobby group. Those stats mean nothing when it comes to how the education systems works.

I would think that the NRA donates much more money to Republicans than it gives to Democrats, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how guns are or aren't legislated.

Wow, I don't see views quite that naive every day. [:/]

. . =(_8^(1)

You will lose credibility if you keep making statements like that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So will you...

They're also (if I recall correctly) the largest teacher's union in the country... guess what happens when a teacher doesn't "toe the party line"?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ah, yes... the normal "you don't think like I do, so you must be a blind supporter of GW" shtick... it's starting to wear a bit thin, don't you think?

Ah yes the normal" you aren't with us so you are against us " so you are not patriotic and are un-american if y9ou are NOT a supporter of GW....yes its a bit thin since SOOOO many of his policies have failed.. costing us lives.... costing us BILLIONS... but we are supposed to stay the course.. rather than fixing the problems..You guys are rolling out all the Ultra Right Wing boogie men...Lefties are evil...(lefties as defined by you guys includes MOST of the country....hint moderates are the middle ground.. not Joe Lieberman... who is quite far right in his own right). everone of them hates Bush..FEAR FEAR FEAR... TERRORISTS are behind every tree in IOWA so you have to swupport US... when are you going to get to the gay marriage.... oh and dont forget to fucking NUKE IRAN and SYRIA.. as a new peace initiative.

Does ANYONE in the Far right even have a firm grip on reality in the world???

.... oh and dont forget to fucking NUKE IRAN and SYRIA.. as a new peace initiative.

"They have a choice.. peace or WAR....they are choosing war over and over....their so called mopderates.. and peace loving people had better reighn them in.. or reap a VERY HOT WIND. "

Sorry, Jeanne, it's just that I just read your other quote a second ago. So the last post was funny.

You are such a right wing rePUBICan..;):P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey you KNOW this assbite is going to do it.... since he will not talk to anyone ...... he has pissed off most of the world... SOOOOOO lots of the guys on the far right will get your fondest wish.. a whole new war to be paqtriotic over.. HOPEFULLY more of them will actually get to go to it... and take out all that Ultra Right wing Anger and Hate they constantly NEWSPEAK/transpose onto anyone they deem as being a leftie....ie.. anyone who does not agree with with their warmongering misguided reality.

The A rabs and I ranians are giving them the perfect excuse to continue their policies.. and that can only continue down the path to a REAL WORLD WAR. But hey.. they will get others to go in their place...as they have done over and over.

The A rabs and I ranians are giving them the perfect excuse to continue their policies.. and that can only continue down the path to a REAL WORLD WAR. But hey.. they will get others to go in their place...as they have done over and over.

If only the world were as simple as you describe it.

Unfortunately the Left in America has ignored the fact that Iran's pres, Ahmadinejad, is the second coming of Hitler. Am I exagerating???? No. He has made it very clear that his intentions are to "Wipe Isreal off the face of the earth".
Now, Ahmadinejad probably doesn't have the means to do that right now, but he is trying desperately to develop those means. As of now the only difference between Hitler and Ahmadinejad is the Means... Not the WILL.

This war between hezbola and Isreal was a proxy war between the US and Iran. That is all it was, and unfortunately, the US came out on the losing side. We looked like a bunch of pussies IMO. Like it or not Isreal is an ally of the USA, and it is our job to help them and defend them. We know Iran is helping Hezbolla!

The lefties in this country do NOT have the stomach for a war with IRAN. But, it needs to be done.

The lefties make the mistake of blaming the US for the problems in the Middle east saying it is US policy there that causes the problem. It is just not the case.

It is simply religious ideology in the region. It always has been, and always will be!
Until the world wakes up to this fact, we in the west are in deep deep shit. Our middle east policy is not going to change the minds of the Muslim fundamentalists.

If the US left the middle east tomorrow do you truely believe the fighting there would stop?
Do you think Terrorism in the west would stop?
Do you think the attempted irradication of the Jews would stop?

Do you think we should wait until someone like Ahmadinejad gets nuclear weapons.

War sucks. But sometimes they are nessesary. Iran's government needs to go... Sooner rather than later.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

> Ahmadinejad, is the second coming of Hitler.

Ah, the ultimate scare tactic. Does he cut the arms off little boys? Do they use Christian babies to make slurpees?

Ahmadinejad is another democratically elected saber-rattling, loudmouthed bombastic leader who likes to hear himself talk. (We have one of those ourselves.) If he invades France you might have a leg to stand on when comparing him to Hitler. As it is he's a lot more comparable to Musharraf (except that Ahmadinejad was elected and Musharraf is a warlord who took leadership through force.)

>The lefties make the mistake of blaming the US for the problems
>in the Middle east saying it is US policy there that causes the
>problem. It is just not the case.

Correct. They cause their own problems. We then choose to make those problems ours.

We're sticking our arm in the garbage disposal here. Should we blame the garbage disposal? Perhaps. But a wiser choice would be to remove our arm.

>We know Iran is helping Hezbolla!

Of course, just as we are helping Israel.

>If the US left the middle east tomorrow do you truely believe the fighting there would stop?

Not for quite a while. Eventually they will either kill each other or figure it out on their own. And then _they_ will solve _their_ problem.

>Do you think Terrorism in the west would stop?

Again, not for a while. Eventually the old hatreds will become focused on those who are actually doing the killing, as always.

>Do you think the attempted irradication of the Jews would stop?

Nope, not immediately. Nor would the attempted eradication of Muslims. Both sides would continue to hammer away at each other.

>Do you think we should wait until someone like Ahmadinejad gets nuclear weapons.

If the end result is a Cold War instead of a hot one - yes. We won the Cold War. We didn't win the last two hot ones, and we're not winning the hot one we have in Iraq now.

>War sucks. But sometimes they are nessesary.

Agreed. We should use our military to defend the US against those who attack it, as intended.

>Iran's government needs to go... Sooner rather than later.

Then let them vote someone else into power. That's what democracy's all about.

Bill, Bill, Bill.

Get it right. There are rights and wrongs here.

Israel is right, we support them, so they are right.
Hezbolla is wrong, we are against them, people who support them are our enemies, so they are wrong.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ahmadinejad is another democratically elected saber-rattling, loudmouthed bombastic leader who likes to hear himself talk. (We have one of those ourselves.)

Are talking about all us regulars here on SC?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The lefties make the mistake of blaming the US for the problems in the Middle east saying it is US policy there that causes the problem. It is just not the case.

Sure it is. To touch on your primary issue, that we should go to war with Iran, the only reason that Iran is a problem right now is that the CIA interfered and helped to overthrow Iran's stable Democracy. You reap what you sow.

(Although I don't think any of us were democratically elected to anything. . . .)

speak for yourself mr-volunteered-for-difficult-moderator-in-a-thankless-role-guy

Ahmadinejad is another democratically elected saber-rattling, loudmouthed bombastic leader who likes to hear himself talk. (We have one of those ourselves.)

Are talking about all us regulars here on SC?

Everyone but you and me and I'm not sure about you:D