Darius11

Great Video Interview.

Only 9 min.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9071731896689197790&q=galloway

I think he makes some great points at how oblivious people are on the subject of Israel.
I think a lot of people who think of them selves, as fair individuals have no clue at how unfair they view this conflict. Watch it if you have 9 min. It is worth it no matter what side your on. Information is always a good thing.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Very, very, entertaining. A must-see.

At least you can say George never fails to entertain.

Pity the subject being discussed(or shouted) isn't so entertaining....:S

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Yea the subject is not entertaining at all. I like how he expresses the frustration that I think most Muslims feel. The media in the west is so one sided that even the questions he is asked are filled with an agenda.

I think the information he yells is all valid information that most Westerns have no clue on.

You see in the US you hear news like this.

A Palestinian suicide bomber killed 3 civilians one was a young Israeli girl who was on her way to school. Her parents had moved to Israeli 15 years ago. She loved chocolate ice cream and God.

What you don’t hear is the whole story

A man who had all 4 of his children killed by Israeli solders, has had his land taken, his home bulldozed, his friends killed arrested tortured finally had enough and as a last result decided to kill him self just to take a few of the people responsible for all of his pain out. His youngest son of 8 wanted to become a doctor, he was shot by an Israeli solder for throwing rocks at a tank that was in front of his home, The other children were killed when the house was bulldozed with out warning or explanation.

I can go on and on but you get the point.

Saying either one of these stories with out the other part is wrong. People should know the WHOLE story not just what the Israelis want you to hear.

I think a lot of people who think of them selves, as fair individuals have no clue at how unfair they view this conflict.

News, 8/10/06, Iraq:
'A suicide bomber strapped with explosives detonated himself at a police checkpoint near a holy shrine in Najaf on Thursday, killing at least 34 people and wounding 40 others, a Najaf police official said. The city was crowded with Shiites from throughout Iraq who were in the city to commemorate the death of Zainab, the Prophet Mohammed's daughter..."
Yeah, that's so unfair of the American media to portray the poor misunderstood Muslim suicide bomber in that way. I'm sure he had a perfectly legitimate reason to blow up all those innocent religious worshipers...

News, Lebanon:
"Members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard have been found among Hizbollah guerrillas slain by Israeli forces in southern Lebanon... the Iranians were identified by documents found on their bodies... Israel says many of the rockets being fired against its civilian and military targets are Iranian made, and that Hizbollah fighters taking on its forces trained in Iran. Washington also accuses Tehran of actively funding Hizbollah...."

Are those Iranians part of the Muslim "religion of peace"? Are they justified in firing a hundred explosive rockets per day at innocent people? Are you proud of what your native country is doing to help kill innocent Jews?

I think a lot of people who think of them selves, as fair individuals have no clue at how unfair they view this conflict.

News, Israel:
"The Jerusalem Post reports that some Israeli diplomatic officials say that the BBC "reports we see give the impression that the BBC is working on behalf of Hizbullah." The government boycotted the BBC during violence in 2003 and is considering it again. The Foreign Ministry is under pressure from Israeli citizens to resume its boycott of the BBC and to withdraw credentials from its reporters due to "one-sided" reports on the war in Lebanon, Israeli diplomatic officials said Wednesday..."
How about this unfair media coverage, Darius? Do you condemn the same unfair coverage when it works against those damned Jews?

News, Israel:
"The Jerusalem Post reports that some Israeli diplomatic officials say that the BBC "reports we see give the impression that the BBC is working on behalf of Hizbullah." The government boycotted the BBC during violence in 2003 and is considering it again. The Foreign Ministry is under pressure from Israeli citizens to resume its boycott of the BBC and to withdraw credentials from its reporters due to "one-sided" reports on the war in Lebanon, Israeli diplomatic officials said Wednesday..."
How about this unfair media coverage, Darius? Do you condemn the same unfair coverage when it works against those damned Jews?

It's only unfair because the JERUSALEM Post says that ISRAELI DIPLOMATS say it's unfair! What's next? Tony Snow going to say that Bush's foreign policy is a success?

It’s not a justification it’s not to say it is ok to kill a little girl. It helps see both sides to the story if the full story is told. It helps people put a humane face and put them selves in the same place.

If there was a specific group of people who took your land killed your children, did the same to any one who lived in your area. Maybe you could understand where the anger comes form. Where the desire to destroy your enemy comes from.

When all you hear and have heard for 58 years is one side then it is easy to just say " yea that guy is crazy" But if you know the history you will see and maybe even understand why he choose to do what he did.

It is always better to see the whole picture then seeing the only controlled parts they choose to show you

OK so now that we see the " whole picture" lets get the fuck on with the HOLY WAR...now that everyone has excuses for murdering others.

And since we have better weapons.. lets let GOD sort out all the souls..after we nuke the fuckers.

You can look at the whole picture all you want but that doesn't justify either side. You seem to imply by what you write that the Palestinians are justified in their means because of what the Israelis have done to them in the past. In my view neither are justified or in the right. They both are contributing to this cycle of violence. Currently it is evident that the Palestinians are pushing this more then the Israelis. The Palesinians have peaceful options that they are unwilling to even consider.

If there was a specific group of people who took your land killed your children, did the same to any one who lived in your area. Maybe you could understand where the anger comes form. Where the desire to destroy your enemy comes from.

Then why don't they fight the Israeli government, instead of blowing-up innocent Israeli women and children?

Using your same logic, since the terrorists are Muslim, and you are a Muslim, we Americans would be justified to kill you, even though you have nothing to do with terrorist acts. Are you sure you want to promote this kind of logic?

Can you see the difference between fighting against those who committed perceived wrongs against you, and mass murdering people who had nothing to do with the commission of those wrongs? Is it okay to transfer your hatred toward a few, to an entire population?

You are providing an excellent example of the kind of illogic used by the terrorists, who deserve to die for their murderous ways.

Why don't you put your actions where your mouth is, and go join the Hezbollah "freedom fighters"?

>Then why don't they fight the Israeli government, instead of blowing
>-up innocent Israeli women and children?

Same reason the Israelis are blowing up innocent Muslim women and children, I suppose. Because it's a war, and the side that wins is not the side that does nice things, but the side that can kill more of the other side.

If Hezbollah had enough firepower to wipe out a big fraction of Israel's civilian population, they would win. And they would be as justified as we were dropping nuclear weapons on civilians. They could use the same logic we used - "Yeah, we killed 500,000 civilians, but we calculate we saved the lives of 1 million Israelis and Palestinians who would have died in the fighting. We are SAVING lives."

(Of course we'd never let the above happen. As soon as it looked like Israel actually might lose, we'd get involved in the war.)

I think rather simply he is saying that the media spoonfeeds you one side of the story and that possibly your view has been effected by a sustained daily dose of one sided reporting , possibly following an agenda set by the powers that be.

Just like many Arab states might have thier view effected by Al Jazeerah. Just because people like Darius outline an understanding of both sides doesnt mean that one is condoned over the other. If you were an agnostic terrorist i reckon you could take your pick between the Israelis and Hizbollah. Its not an ideological question more which came first .. the chicken or the egg.

>Then why don't they fight the Israeli government, instead of blowing
>-up innocent Israeli women and children?

Same reason the Israelis are blowing up innocent Muslim women and children, I suppose. Because it's a war,

And blah blah, Fuckin' blah.

Finding equivalence between a suicide bomber boarding a bus full of NOTHING but civilians and Israel bombing the buildings from which Hezbolla operates is ridiculous, and frankly kind of dense.

. . =(_8^(1)

I think rather simply he is saying that the media spoonfeeds you one side of the story and that possibly your view has been effected by a sustained daily dose of one sided reporting , possibly following an agenda set by the powers that be.

Wonder if he's ever heard of the internet.

By golly, we can get virtually ANY "news feed" we want these days! Wow!

. . =(_8^(1)

What if the war were an equal one and both sides equally armed. People in the Gaza strip, I can imagine use the only thing they have. I reckon you have to believe in what your doing a lot more to die for it than click a little switch from 15K.. not condoning it , just pointing out the obvious.

By golly, we can get virtually ANY "news feed" we want these days! Wow!

How many of those newsfeeds told you Iraq had WMD ?

What if the war were an equal one and both sides equally armed. People in the Gaza strip, I can imagine use the only thing they have.

Well, we don't have that, so the people on the short end of the stick need to SURRENDER like men, and quit resorting to the intentional and, in fact, systematic employment of methods designed *specifically* for civilian murder.

I reckon you have to believe in what your doing a lot more to die for it than click a little switch from 15K.. not condoning it , just pointing out the obvious.

For sure, you really do need to "believe in it". Kudos to the radical Islam brain-washing machine for having such a high degree of success.

. . =(_8^(1)

For sure, you really do need to "believe in it". Kudos to the radical Islam brain-washing machine for having such a high degree of success.

No, i just respect that there are two sides to the story. Im not a muslim and im not a radical . The problem is never fixed trying to cut the branches but by taking up the roots. I am in favour of trying to address the core issues. Just because I say that there must be something ammiss if a guy is convinced / driven to do himself. I dont believe that this is just "religion"..thats historically been a cover for voilence and a larger " issue ".

No, i just respect that there are two sides to the story.

There are two or more sides to every story, so what's your point? I've read and comprehended lots of the Islamic side of the story, and reject much of it. Sure, that means I'm biased, but there are situations where it is right to be biased.

Just because there are two sides doesn't mean they are both equal in terms of right and wrong. True evil exists in the world, if you've noticed. That evil exists all around on every side of this story, but one side in particular possesses the majority right now -- and it ain't the Jews. :S

. . =(_8^(1)

The problem is never fixed trying to cut the branches but by taking up the roots.

Yep, and IDF is heading into Beruit to take out the "root" of the problem as we speak.;)

I am in favour of trying to address the core issues.

I agree, as would be applied to any other "social" issue. But what do you consider to be the core issues? Land dispute?

. . =(_8^(1)

No the IDF is doing its best from altitude and its not working , never would have worked. The IDF knows that it will get its ass kicked in a war of attrition if it goes as far as the Litani never mind Beiruit. So i dont think so. Not Land dispute, land occupation. Opression of palestinians , lack of respect for their neighbours , shooting civilians randomly on their borders. ( As opposed to catching civilains in the cross fire ). Allowing proper food supplies into the Gaza strip. Take a look around here http://electronicintifada.net/lebanon/. It might be alternative for you , but it wont kill you.;)

No the IDF is doing its best from altitude and its not working , never would have worked. The IDF knows that it will get its ass kicked in a war of attrition if it goes as far as the Litani never mind Beiruit.

Never mind who's going to "win", but the process will cost many thousands of civilian's lives thanks to the way Hezbolla operates.

Not Land dispute, land occupation.

If I take your land, and you have no means to take it back other than to slaughter my civilians from behind your wife and kids, you need to walk away.

. . =(_8^(1)