billvon

Why the new Middle East war may be good for presidential approval ratings

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/24/damon/

We may see a surge in popularity as people forget. And that's Iraq; no one's even mentioning Afghanistan any more, where the Taliban have been making a comeback.

Ah well. Only one solution for all this - invade Iran.

Shows once again the extreme right wing bias of the mainstream media.:o

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We may see a surge in popularity as people forget. And that's Iraq; no one's even mentioning Afghanistan any more, where the Taliban have been making a comeback.

Ok, we have seen a drop because people have forgotten..... time to swing back.

Oh, and I love your source:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

no one's even mentioning Afghanistan any more

Ohhhwe are. We are losing fine men there on almost a daily basis, fighting your war. We haven't forgotten who the true culprits of 9/11 were. We haven't forgotten who the true terrorists are. We are fighting them while your men are living out the fantasy of a bloodthirsty president....I feel sorry for them and I feel sorry for those blindly following your president...thinking you are fighting a war on terror....

The media will swing to the side that will allow them to sell the most advertising.

>We are losing fine men there on almost a daily basis, fighting your
>war. We haven't forgotten who the true culprits of 9/11 were.

Yep, me neither. A suprising number of people have, though.

very surprising, in fact everyone has forgotten except you, me, skydekker, all our friends, their friends, their families, the families of service members, the people they know, the people in the region, those that keep up with world events....

other than that, everyone has forgotten

surprising

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The media will swing to the side that will allow them to sell the most advertising.

Ding ding ding- we have a winner.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>We are losing fine men there on almost a daily basis, fighting your
>war. We haven't forgotten who the true culprits of 9/11 were.

That being the US who trained, sponsored , at one point armed and supported Bin Laden for quite a number of years and then when it was no longer convenient...

Bill,

I don't know if you've been watching the news, but the Taliban have been getting pushed back out of those towns they were reported to have overrun. NATO is upping its force strength to ensure a more stable framework as well.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Bill,

I don't know if you've been watching the news, but the Taliban have been getting pushed back out of those towns they were reported to have overrun. NATO is upping its force strength to ensure a more stable framework as well.

Aw.. don't ruin his pre-emptive attack on Bush's rising poll numbers.

We are losing fine men there on almost a daily basis, fighting your war. We haven't forgotten who the true culprits of 9/11 were. We haven't forgotten who the true terrorists are. We are fighting them while your men are living out the fantasy of a bloodthirsty president....I feel sorry for them and I feel sorry for those blindly following your president...thinking you are fighting a war on terror....

I feel sorry for us too . and you more because blair is the only other guy in the world gullable enough to buy bush's shit and send you guys over there . as far as the true terrorists goes , that's a word that really doesn't make sense ... it's a propoganda word . if you mean who really was behind 911 , I'd love to know who it actually was . unfortunately thee has never been forensic testing done and a real investigation done . so all I have to go on is the word of people whose word doesn't mean much .

p.s. when taliban and osama were fighting ussr were they terrorists then , they used the same gueralla tacticts ?

people see me as a challenge to their balance

>I don't know if you've been watching the news, but the Taliban have
> been getting pushed back out of those towns they were reported to
> have overrun.

Yeah, they got pushed out within a few days if I recall correctly.

>NATO is upping its force strength to ensure a more stable framework as well.

Good. We're going to need a lot more than what we've got now to stabilize that place. (And we're going to need even more if we want to do it without the opium trade.)

omg Kallend, did you just agree with me?

We may see a surge in popularity...

OF course. There's nothing like a short, successful war to boost popularity & guarantee your party's re-election.

Look at Maggie's popularity pre & post Falklands.

All Dubbie has to do is find such a war & get involved. No luck so far... But he still has a little over a year.:(

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

which means they'll bias to whatever local demographics are around. Meaning there is both left AND right bias almost everywhere

so bitching about it being 'generally' one sided is goofy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>which means they'll bias to whatever local demographics are around.
>Meaning there is both left AND right bias almost everywhere

Local news - agree.
Major networks - disagree. They don't reformat CNN or FOX news shows for local markets, although the commercials do change.

But the bias does change with national demographics and per issue, and it is indeed based on whatever makes them more money.

agree, we'd had this thread before - it was a big point about the popularity of the FOX bias. It filled a big hole in the market as most of the major networks only catered to one market segment