outrager

A white kid in Harlem

So i went and bought a place in Harlem. I could have gone to Upper East Side, but my uncle's grandfather used to live on 130th street and there's some sentimental and religious value attached to it.

I paid for the place and legally own it, but my neighbours really didn't like me moving in. They shatter my windows with stones every day. In responce i kill them, using a somewhat corrupt NYPD for protection. This goes on for many years, and is now escalating. They throw molotov cocktails, i just bought a new Uzi. They are obviously wrong in hating me, but this cannot be fixed. I cannot kill them all - NYPD is not THAT corrupt. So what should i do?

Wouldn't a reasonable person finally move to Upper East Side?

bsbd!

Yuri.

So i went and bought a place in Harlem. I could have gone to Upper East Side, but my uncle's grandfather used to live on 130th street and there's some sentimental and religious value attached to it.

I paid for the place and legally own it, but my neighbours really didn't like me moving in. They shatter my windows with stones every day. In responce i kill them, using a somewhat corrupt NYPD for protection. This goes on for many years, and is now escalating. They throw molotov cocktails, i just bought a new Uzi. They are obviously wrong in hating me, but this cannot be fixed. I cannot kill them all - NYPD is not THAT corrupt. So what should i do?

Wouldn't a reasonable person finally move to Upper East Side?

bsbd!

Yuri.

Have you tried the broken broomstick approach?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There is something called "Globalization" going on in the world right now where people from many different countries and many different cultures are moving to other countries to set up shop and live (possibly permanently). To some, there are no issues and to them globalization works and is a good thing. To others there are major issues and hatred towards either the new comers or the new comers hate their hosts because their hosts either don't open embrace the new comers religion and/or culture and the new comers seem to think that what went on in their countries of origin need to occur in their new countries. Racism is alive and well in the world today and it exists in all cultures and thrives in the religious communities. Until humans either learn to live together and/or stop globalization the racism and hate will continue to thrive.

Historically I like to tell myself that I am not a racist person. But one never really knows about themselves until they are forced to live in an environment where many cultures co-exist. I still like to think that I'm not a racist, but I'm learning what it's like to live in a city where all of a sudden I am a minority when I've always been used to living in the majority. News at eleven ... :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

move to Israel B|

You mean move Israel? ;)

Seriously, what solution is better? Moving to another place or living in eternal war that cannot be won?

bsbd!

Yuri.

No I didn't mean move Israel, I meant move to Israel?

How would moving Israel help the poor bastard in Harlem? :P

Edited to add: I've always thought they should move Irrael to Florida. :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

You should not only kill them all, you should kill any of their children who get in your way. Don’t forget to seek out and destroy any one who has the same beliefs or looks the same. If any other city has even one person who has ever thrown a rock make sure you destroy the facilities that are for everyone. Just destroy the city and move to the next.

I really can’t see why they would not like you.

Hey did you buy the place or steel it for the guy who was living there before you?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I paid for the place and legally own it, but my neighbours really didn't like me moving in. They shatter my windows with stones every day.

Nice one.:)
I feel your pain. I don't like the folk who live further along my street either... But I haven't gone out and bought a tank (yet)!

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.