outrager

An eye for an eye consequences

In order to keep things balanced, just and fair, Hamas will now need to work overtime to kill another hundred+ of israeli civilians.

By the same token, USA deserves another terrorist act with about 10000..50000 civilian casualties just to keep things fair and square with iraqis.

bsbd!

Yuri.

In order to keep things balanced, just and fair, Hamas will now need to work overtime to kill another hundred+ of israeli civilians.

Hamas and Hezbolla are capable only of digging their own graves -- and a fine job they are doing.

. . =(_8^(1)

Hamas and Hezbolla are capable only of digging their own graves -- and a fine job they are doing.

You might be surprised when Iran and all the other arab nations join up. Not to mention the other conflicts. Me thinks the world is tired of USA policy. On how many fronts can we fight? Maybe some of those politicians will send their sons into battle to help out;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

That is a foolish statement. They are and will be perfectly capable of killing israeli civilians, just not on the same scale as IDF. There will be plenty more blood, but that's not the point.

The point is: any killings of civilians in Israel now look justified, fair and well-deserved.

Edited to add: now looks like Canada ought to bomb the shit out of Israel?

bsbd!

Yuri.

Welcome to WW3. :(

I don't think there's going to be any backing down this time. The drums of war have been beating for many years now. I just hope this doesn't turn into a nuclear conflict.

I'd agree, but the Middle East is bringing a knife to this gun fight.

They don't have what it takes to create WW3.

. . =(_8^(1)

better than

Better than /= Ideal.

Successful diplomacy is usually the ideal solution that people hope for.

Much better than trying to fight guerrilla forces.

And when the identifiable enemy is defeated? What do you think might happen then?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

An organized conflict would be ideal.

Ideal? How can an all out war ever be ideal.:S

War should always be the last resort. However, if you're pushed into it, fight with speed, surprise, and violence of action. Overwhelming force and intimidation. Finish it. Especially, if you've got an advantage.

You guys are not getting it. We are not talking about who has more firepower.

We are talking about the fact that now, once "we are at war", it is fair and morally right to kill 100 israeli and 10000 american civilians in a well-justified eye for an eye attack, using whatever means necessary.

If you want to reply, please state why it would not be fair, just and morally right.

bsbd!

Yuri.

You guys are not getting it. We are not talking about who has more firepower.

We are talking about the fact that now, once "we are at war", it is fair and morally right to kill 100 israeli and 10000 american civilians in a well-justified eye for an eye attack, using whatever means necessary.

If you want to reply, please state why it would not be fair, just and morally right.

bsbd!

Yuri.

I don't disagree with you. Hopefully, our enemies aren't dumb or fanatical enough to believe a major terrorist or military attack on the US would result in their survival.

better than

Better than /= Ideal.

Successful diplomacy is usually the ideal solution that people hope for.

Much better than trying to fight guerrilla forces.

And when the identifiable enemy is defeated? What do you think might happen then?

Unfortunately, this has gone beyond a diplomatic solution IMO. It is impossible to negotiate with an enemy whose stated goal is to wipe you off the face of the Earth. Most of the attempts Israel has made over the last 30 years have only been accepted to demonstrate a sign of weakness.

You can only poke the big dog so many times before he bites you.

Unfortunately, this has gone beyond a diplomatic solution IMO.

Thats more what i'm getting at. A diplomatic solution would have been ideal. Large scale conflict is never ideal, it should be (as Paj said) a last resort.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You guys are not getting it...it is fair and morally right to kill 100 israeli and 10000 american civilians in a well-justified eye for an eye attack.

Could be your premise is flawed. Israel isn't attacking targets in Lebanon for the reason of "eye for an eye". Rather they're attacking an organization which is hell-bent on Israel's destruction, whatever it takes. These strikes come from a position of defensiveness, in that they're defending their right to exist.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

By the same token, USA deserves another terrorist act with about 10000..50000 civilian casualties just to keep things fair and square with iraqis.

Except for the fact that many of the civilian deaths in Iraq are caused by the insurgents, not the coalition troops.

The insurgents have no motivation to avoid civilian deaths. Actually, it helps their cause if they just keep everything fucked up & have the Shiite and Sunni kill each other. The insurgents don't actually have to build or create anything workable at all.

They just have to keep the violence going.
:S

BTW, I did not agree with the invasion of Iraq, but I believe that what I've posted above does need to be kept in mind.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Except for the fact that many of the civilian deaths in Iraq are caused by the insurgents, not the coalition troops.

That is a completely meaningless statement. It is equally true to say " many of the civilian deaths in Iraq are caused by the coalition troops, not the insurgents".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Maybe some of those politicians will send their sons into battle to help out

You gotta be shitting me.. with this group of Chicken Hawks... they are REAL brave with the other peoples lives.. just like they were back in the Vietnam War when they managed to avoid it.. all the while being HAWKS........wrong then.. wrong now.

Cowards have always managed to hide from conflict...

> Rather they're attacking an organization which is hell-bent on Israel's destruction, whatever it takes.

Israel should take em out completly, winning absolute victory and the US should do all they can to insure they have all the support necessary to complete this task.

I'm choosing sides and I choose Israel over terriorist and Governments that provide safe haven and financial, and military support to blood thursty killers.