outrager

Value of life: US/Israel vs. terrorists

It’s good to know that when it comes to killing inocent civilians (which every one believes is cruel and a barbaric act) Israel is way ahead.

yes, I'm sure it's very comforting to you.:S

I for one am getting really sick of listening to the arguments about how one side is slightly more/less of a pig-headed violent asshole than the other side.

:|

Then stop reading dude no one is making you.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

This morning I heard yet another raciest propagandist report

wait a minute...
so if a report doesn't match your views then its racist?
weren't you the one who was complaining when he's called a racist by people who didn't agree to his views?
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

When they over and over "forget" to mention both sides of an issue or an event they are following an agenda and taking sides.

News should not take sides. In the US half the people have no clue what is really going on in Israel.

All they here is evil Muslims this and Evil Muslim that. Then the news report on the war always mentions that the "Terrorist" have killed more poor Israeli civilians, and never mention how many civilians the Israelis have killed so far.

So yes my view is the News should be fair and not following an agenda. Sorry you disagree.

News should not take sides

true, but news is reported and edited by people. those people have view, standards and personal feelings that influence how they report things.
I can honestly tell you that I often feel the same only on the other direction, especially when news agencies use local palestinians as reporters.

I'm sorry that you believe we do not care for other lives because its simply not the case. I especially feel bad for lebanon because i see them as a victim of Hizbollah, but being a sovereign country, they cannot allow another military with its own agenda to operate and not be held responsible.

the status quo were hizbollah is on our borders, with more than 13,000 missiles (almost 2000 fired in the past few days) aimed at us, attacking whenever it wants to is simply not acceptable.
the attack that started all of this was simply the last straw in an unacceptable situation (also unacceptable by the international community).

Sorry you disagree.

nothing to be sorry for, there are two sides for everything. the right one and yours :P

I don't know what sort of selective news sources you're viewing in order to back up this theory of yours that the western world is only viewing this conflict from one side because where I am I'm getting plenty of news that people on both sides of the border(s) have been killed. Plus why are you trying to drag the US into this? It seems people whine and complain when the US does this or doesn't do that in the world. This problem is not something that the USA created. It's a problem that the Muslims, Jews and Christians have created.

As far as I'm concerned, the Muslims, Jews and yes Christians of this world are ALL Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. That's right all you religious people are FUBARed. When will you people realize that your man-made religious beliefs of heaven and hell are just impossible in the physical universe that we live in. The world would be a safer place if more people were introduced to physics instead of religion. >:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

What would you suggest that Israel do? Nothing?

Use their military to protect their settlers as they move from the illegal settlements back behind the green line. Then they can ask for and accept help from the international community. That seems reasonable.

Use their military to protect their settlers as they move from the illegal settlements back behind the green line. Then they can ask for and accept help from the international community. That seems reasonable

you mean like they tried to do in gaza? oh wait, that didn't lead to peace and quiet there...

I don't know what sort of selective news sources you're viewing in order to back up this theory of yours that the western world is only viewing this conflict from one side because where I am I'm getting plenty of news that people on both sides of the border(s) have been killed. Plus why are you trying to drag the US into this? It seems people whine and complain when the US does this or doesn't do that in the world.

Most radio shows I listen to on the way to work are heavily one sided.
As why do I drag the US in to this is simple. The American people including my self are paying for the aid that is being sent to Israeli, and I am sure if we have real news that presented both sides those aids would be lessened or stopped completely. We are supporting a country that has violated humane rights. I would have an issue if we were supporting Osama as well.

As far as I'm concerned, the Muslims, Jews and yes Christians of this world are ALL Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. That's right all you religious people are FUBARed. When will you people realize that your man-made religious beliefs of heaven and hell are just impossible in the physical universe that we live in. The world would be a safer place if more people were introduced to physics instead of religion

Your personal beliefs are just that personal.

For you maybe religion and faith is viewed as something horrible that has only brought bad things on this world. For many their fait is what gets them threw the hardest times of their lives and see the many good things there respective religion has brought them and others.

To each his own my friend.

I don't know what sort of selective news sources you're viewing in order to back up this theory of yours that the western world is only viewing this conflict from one side because where I am I'm getting plenty of news that people on both sides of the border(s) have been killed. Plus why are you trying to drag the US into this? It seems people whine and complain when the US does this or doesn't do that in the world. This problem is not something that the USA created. It's a problem that the Muslims, Jews and Christians have created.

As far as I'm concerned, the Muslims, Jews and yes Christians of this world are ALL Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. That's right all you religious people are FUBARed. When will you people realize that your man-made religious beliefs of heaven and hell are just impossible in the physical universe that we live in. The world would be a safer place if more people were introduced to physics instead of religion. >:(

mere distraction. it's about land, & different groups of people, not religion. many of the people doing the fighting are not particularly religious.

I know many Israelis who are not religious at all.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

it's about land, & different groups of people, not religion.

I agree that this conflict is definitely centered around the land. But it is land which all three religious groups claim as their own ancestral land.

the whole thing just sucks anyway.

On Saturday I was driving around the rolling green Maryland countryside, looking at all the lush green farms and pastures and forests, wondering how could people spend so many centuries killing each other over that little scrap of (mostly) desert & rock.

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

the whole thing just sucks anyway.

On Saturday I was driving around the rolling green Maryland countryside, looking at all the lush green farms and pastures and forests, wondering how could people spend so many centuries killing each other over that little scrap of (mostly) desert & rock.

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing. ;)

If you are waiting for every Jew to pack up and leave Israel, I think you are in for a long wait. Do you have any doubt who started this latest war? This was a good opportunity for Israel to act on tons of intelligence they have been collecting. Can you really blame them? Hamas and Hezbollah just provided the opportunity, and Lebanon once again becomes a war zone. I don't think either side wants peace in the middle east.:(
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

All they here is evil Muslims this and Evil Muslim that.

Do you have specific newspaper quotes where the term "evil muslims" is used, or where the theme is that muslims are inherently evil? It seems that every article I read seems to go on ad nauseum about how it is a religion of peace and that the terrorists represent a small minority who have perverted islam. I am curious to see these "Evil Muslim" quotes.

Then the news report on the war always mentions that the "Terrorist" have killed more poor Israeli civilians, and never mention how many civilians the Israelis have killed so far.

Actually most of the media reporting I have seen is quite critical about Isreal and seems to do the opposite of what you are saying. Every time Isreal is attacked the media focus is on the proportionality of their response and seems to gloss over the reasons behind the response.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Use their military to protect their settlers as they move from the illegal settlements back behind the green line. Then they can ask for and accept help from the international community. That seems reasonable

you mean like they tried to do in gaza? oh wait, that didn't lead to peace and quiet there...

Maybe if the targeted killing of Hamas leadership (and the occasional bystander) had ceased then it would have been a step in the right direction. Looked to me like there never was a cease fire. Still, Israel won't let international peacekeepers in to help out will they? I heard an interview with an ex-Israeli commander yesterday. Sounds like they were looking for a reason to attack Hezbollah for about six years so that they could remove their missiles in Lebanon. That might explain why this incursion appeared so planned.
Israel is not interested in peace unless it is completely under their terms. And I'm ashamed of our government for enabling this bloody incursion. As far as I'm concerned the US is a state sponsor of terrorism. Maybe our next administration will actually try to help negotiate peace. I can only hope.