countzero

What rigs have great 3 ring padding?

Been jumping an old used Eclipse with zero padding for a few years, tired of bruised collar bones.

Looking at rigs I see options for spacer foam on the leg pads and back but don't see mention of the 3 ring cover having it s well. Or is it just automatically added when the spacer foam is picked?

Also what rigs have great padding, I've read not all padding is equal.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Check out Rigging Innovations Curv 2.0. They feature a "bio-yoke" that gets the hardware off your shoulders. I've jumped one for over a year now and find it very comfortable. There are also other things that IMO make it the most comfortable rig on the market.

Damn you guys are getting soft! "In the old days", we really did have to contend with "Capewell Welts" from those 1 pound hunks of metal pounding us on the front of the shoulders on opening. You could actually see the bruises after a hard weekend jumping. However, this is the first time I've heard someone complain about a little bitty 3-ring biting them.
Seriously, most rigs today have spacer foam under the 3-rings to help make openings as easy on you as possible. But proper harness fit, canopy and line choice, and packing technique can have an even greater effect on comfort.

This Question has been asked 100's of times on here and you will get a lot of different opinions and options :S:S:S

but I Will give you my Personal 1st Choice. I find the most comfortable rig to be a Sunpath Javelin Odyssey
My second Choice is a UPT Vector.

But as Bill Booth Said, nearly all of the current rigs on the Market will have some form of Spacer Foam or Padding.

My 2 cents

Rodger

If you're rig bites you its usually a couple things to look for. It doesn't fit right; your cranking the chest strap tight and/or you are head down/tracking when you pull.
Try some other peoples rigs on. First without doing up the chest or leg straps. Will it stay on when you move, sit etc. Then hook up the straps and see if it feels the same. Then jump it.
Some rigs just don't work for some people. A friend of mine tried to give me rigs for years. They are fine rigs and thousands of people love them, but they never felt good to me.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316