Kalrigan

How much do you think I can sell this canopy for?

So I have a Pilot 150 that was manufactured in 2014 or 2015, 300 jumps on it. Canopy is still clean and no patches anywhere nor are they needed, only packed indoors, only jumped in clean grassy areas, lines are clean as hell and all of that. I ordered it custom, and I'm the only owner of the canopy. I took really good care of it.

Been thinking about selling it but having a hard time putting a price on it. Brand new they're like 2285, so if we follow the general rule of $1 per jump, would that be a reasonable price to sell?

Two thoughts:

1) No matter how clean the lines are, they go out of trim and in my experience a line set is 400- 500 jumps. So you need to additionally reduce the price by the cost of the line set and the rigger cost to get it installed.

2) Just the fact that it's not "new" means that you're going to get less than what you paid for it, even if it had zero jumps.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Absolute top dollar- $1750 realistically $1650. Most people do not pay 2285 for these new. These numbers are just my opinion. Not facts and intended only to help guide you.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

IanHarrop

Two thoughts:

1) No matter how clean the lines are, they go out of trim and in my experience a line set is 400- 500 jumps. So you need to additionally reduce the price by the cost of the line set and the rigger cost to get it installed.

2) Just the fact that it's not "new" means that you're going to get less than what you paid for it, even if it had zero jumps.

Fair enough, and it makes sense.

gowlerk

Absolute top dollar- $1750 realistically $1650. Most people do not pay 2285 for these new. These numbers are just my opinion. Not facts and intended only to help guide you.

I guess yeah. So let's say $2000 Canadian, would that be a great price?

Searching through the Facebook groups I see 3 for sale, all similar condition.
$1500 - ads have been up for 1-2 weeks
$1600 (with 10ish jumps) - ad has been up for a month.
All with no comments to indicate actual interest.

If you want yours to sell faster, lower the price.