Zjames

Vector 310 micron vs vector 344

Okay so I'm tossing up between v310 or v344 it will have a 170 pulse main and a OP 160 reserve. I kinda leaning towards micron 310 I know it says on the vector site having both full fitting main and reserve is tight and can lead to discomfort. But has anyone had a setup like this and if so what's it like to pack and what's you recommendation? All advice is welcome just don't be rude.

Full fitting main containers are hard to pack. If you are going to hire packers, or if you are a masochist go for the Micron. If you are going to do your own packing and want to do lots of jumps and not be discouraged because you hate packing get the bigger container.

In other words, do yourself a favour is my recommendation. Every time.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have the same dilemma.

I think the main question you need to ask yourself is: Do you prefer a longer, slimmer rig to a shorter rig? The V344 is 19’’ against the 17.5’’. Maybe someone can tell us if that difference actually makes a real difference in comfort when pulling – especially for tall people. My guess is that it doesn’t really make too much of a difference.

There’s also the question of design and shape. Being a Micron the V310 is designed near rectangular while the V344, being a “normal” Vector, is more of a trapeze shape.

I am a tall guy (197 cm), but as things stand now I prefer the build and design of The Micron slightly over that of the V344. Maybe I will change my mind if I discover that the 1.5’’ difference has a huge impact.

The “cool kids” jump Microns, but I doubt you will have any trouble re-selling a regular Vector 3.

Cheers.