River16guy

Mirage G4 D bag stow question

Hey everyone. Just had my safire 2 relined and seems to have a lot of line length left after the last stow. Added 2 more rubber bands to the d bag so theres less free line in the pack tray. My concern is how close and tight the stows are. Jumping this with a wingsuit. Anyone see a problem with this? Thanks

If the new lines seem much longer than old lines, I'd measure a few lines to make sure the correct set was installed.

The long loose lines will work as-is, but it requires a lot of attention to detail when s-folding the excess into the container. I like easy packing, so I'd add 2-4 more elastics and maybe reduce the size of the bights by about 1/2" each. Long bights can increase the chance of line twists.

Chris

Leave as little unstowed suspension line as possible. Never loop unstowed line in your pick tray. Your side flips "dive" right back into your pack tray as soon as the bag leaves. You don't want to leave any loose line for them to entangle with. This has killed people. You may be lucky for a long time, but eventually it will get you into trouble.