gb1

Shorten reserve ripcord

Located in US. Putting together rig for very small gal. Ripcord pocket mounted closer to container. I have many ripcords that are two inches too long.

I think I speak for everyone when I say talk to the manufacturer. They will help you get the right ripcord, usually just by giving them the SN of the rig itself. Mixing and matching what you may have on the shelf vs. what may 'fit' will just be an opportunity to make a mistake.
=========Shaun ==========

They're giving you good advice. The why is that it's not exactly a trivial job. It's simple, cut it off and install a new swedge. But you need the tooling, dies, hydroponic press. Which brings up the TSO issue. The rip cord is part of the TSO. It's just like the reserve bag and the reserve PC and the RSL on some rigs. I think I could make a good argument that you can not do an alteration to the design such as change the length or change the type of swedge. In point of fact some manufactures have added a statement that you can not even substitute another manufacturers rip cord for the one in their rig. Remember when we could buy RWS ripcords cheaper then other brands? All those Javelins are unairworthy. I think it's on page 6 of their manual? Point is that even if you have the means you probable shouldn't be shortening another manufactures rip cord. So the easy answer is for them to just sell you a new one.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

I was referring to the spell checker in the computer. It keeps picking the wrong words for me. I know what I want to say and I keep trying different spellings trying to get close enough for it to guess but some times it just can't figure out what I'm trying to say. and then there are times when it pops out an answer and I just click on it with out reading it close enough..

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Just keep doing what you are doing. I get great information from you, plus I get to be amused by your spelling. I love your posts.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

{off-topic] I used to fuck with people when they left their desk and left MS Word open.

I would go in and change their auto-correct list to dozens of vulgarities for common words.
Which led to a flurry of verbal vulgarities when they kept typing the same word with the same results.
Those who had suffered my wrath would laugh their asses off and eventually let them off the hook.

Then they took all the fun out of it when they started teaching MS Word in High School :)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.