lightningbugirl

exorcisms in 2006- How can anyone think it could be necessary?

How can people like this be educated in order for this to never happen again?

At what point would the education stop? You've got religous nuts all over the place trying to push things like this. Hell, there even trying to change the definition of science (e.g., intelligent design). Belief systems can be very strong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Some people need their source of daily hope, and that's what religion provides.
We are all engines of karma

You've got religous nuts all over the place trying to push things like this.

You do?

I haven't seen any other religious nuts attempting to exorcise demons from Autistics, and I think I'd know...

You have one isolated incident and you're trying to generalize it. Speaking from the perspective of one in the know (I have autistic twins and am involved in and to some extent aware of religious practices towards Autism), there is more apathy in organized religion towards disabilities than anyone using a sadistic means to attempt to cure it.

I mean really...did you read about it or are you just replying to the original poster from what they stated here? -I'm not saying it's wrong to reply to someone's post, but at least get a little bit of background if you're going to make statements...This guy was a psycho, plain and simple. He had a dime-store license to preach and had a congregation of...2 in a career of 8 days. :S

If Ted Bundy got an internet clergy license as a pastor in the Church of the Terminally Psychotic there would be idiots blaming religion for his slayings, too. :S

Sometimes I wish people would look at the person committing the crime instead of the organizations they may attempt to be affiliated with for answers.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.