Bonedaddy

Old gear

I'm not advertising so don't ban me! My skydiving days are long over and I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff these days. I've got a 1980 Pegasus main with about 150 jumps on it, a 1982 Firefly reserve with 2 rides on it, and a 1982 Vector. All are in great shape (just unpacked them the other day) but I doubt that they're worth anything or that a rigger would pack them anyway given their age. Is this anything anyone would want or should I just pitch them?

They have some value, I would guess 2-400 total. Go ahead and sell them in the classifieds. They aren't right for newbies to buy, but there will probably be somebody that wants them for appropriate use. You never know if for instance someone is trying to put a rig for water jumps together, this would be perfect, and getting it packed is on the person buying it to negotiate.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'd likely pack it with a Vector II pilot chute if passed onspection. And I know somone looking for a closet queen Vector. See PM for more questions.

Never pitch an airworthy parachute!:S Even non-airworthy is useful for rigger training. Or just filling space like half crapnin my basement.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Some one out there will want them. I've made a lot of base jumps with a Peg. It's a perfectly good canopy that a lot of early base canopies were based on. Containers are smaller these days but there are people right now that are looking for larger rigs for testing purposes. Example. Quag was talking about sending me one of his canopies to test jump. It's in the 210 range. Any one doing so would need a large container. And there is nothing wrong with an old ass vector 1. Need a new PC but other then that they fucking work. Maybe not for free fly but I can make hop and pops with it all day long with that test canopy. Don't write it off or dismiss it. If it's in good shape it's still a rig. Some wont a be base jumper will buy it to have a container to jump his base canopy out of a plane. Try posting it on basejumper.com

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

craigcavitt

They can be used for training purposes, at least wet water training. Find a small local DZ and donate them to their training program, then write them off on taxes.

That isn't how the tax code works, but the giving it to the local DZ is a nice idea.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P