richoH

RDS Lanyard

I was at the DZ looking in my gear bag yesterday . I have one that I have no intention of using you want it?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

hookitt

All the ones I know of use Dacron. Is that what you meant?

No, I meant Spectra just like I said. You are correct though, Dacron is common. I took the Dacron off of my RDSs because of the line burn it was causing on my canopies. Admittedly I use the RDS at high loadings at terminal which is beyond what PD recommends.

Originally I considered building one out of dacron, but comparing the dacron I have sitting around with the material the lanyard I have, it feels as though either the lanyard is made of a different material I couldn't identify, or is coated.

The dacron I have handy I think would destroy my center cell very quickly.

Keith, thanks! I DM'd you an address. Please let me know how I can repay you :)

ChrisHoward

***All the ones I know of use Dacron. Is that what you meant?

No, I meant Spectra just like I said. You are correct though, Dacron is common. I took the Dacron off of my RDSs because of the line burn it was causing on my canopies. Admittedly I use the RDS at high loadings at terminal which is beyond what PD recommends.

Thanks. I haven't seen any so I've learned something today.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

anything really will work but the thicker the line is, the less likely line burns on your tail are going to be... just my experience... id go with 900lb dacron...
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...