Gravitymaster

Dem wants Bush Murdered

Ann Coulter has no political power over anyones life.

She sure gets more valuable air time than ummm.....what's his name again?

Nice that you don't hold elected officials to a higher standard of conduct than a political commentator.

If Schumer hadn't publically condemend the statement then I would have had a problem with it. Hevesi screwed up. That was a stupid thing to say and he should apologize for letting his emotions guide his tounge. Hell, fine him. Fire him. I don't care. But regarding Coulter, for whatever reason, she gets a LOT of airtime on prime time news programming in in the papers. I'd certainly call her much more influential than the NY comptroller.

But Coulter isn't elected as a representative of the people. So you have the same opinion about what Trent Lott said? He apologized profusely afterwards too.

I would think Ann has more "followers" than this dude, therefore can probably effect more change and maybe she should be held to a higher standard?

Trust me, this position is going to come back to bite you in the ass one day. Just remember you said it, OK? B|

I hold her to the same standards I'd hold Al Franken, Rush Limbaugh, or Howard Stern (or Andrew Dice Clay). Or anyone in the entertainment industry - especially when the 'act' is based on pushing whatever buttons they push. i.e., if it's entertaining or at least holds our attention, then they are doing a good job.

Politicians have a different job description (though some don't seem to realize it). And I'll hold them to a parallel standard - if they would do their jobs as good as the above do theirs, we'd not be in such a mess all the time.

The standards aren't higher or lower, they are just dependent on what the person's role in the world are. I'd like to hold everybody to a high standard. People deserve it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I hold her to the same standards I'd hold Al Franken, Rush Limbaugh, or Howard Stern (or Andrew Dice Clay). Or anyone in the entertainment industry - especially when the 'act' is based on pushing whatever buttons they push. i.e., if it's entertaining or at least holds our attention, then they are doing a good job.

You've touched on where my problem is with the media. They're getting more into the entertainment business than the news business. The CoulterLimbaughHannitySavageFranken's have no place being interviewed on news programming in my opinion. I can't blame the parent companies though because it makes them more money, and that's what the game is all about. But we're all dumber for it.

It would sound a lot like Ann Coulter saying that someone should put rat poison in Justice Steven's creme brulee. You folks were outraged about that one right?

It doesnt bother me what they say/ But when they say something like that it just shows what kind of a person they really are. Pretty childish if you ask me.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

A pretty stupid thing to say but what should the punishment be for such statement. What would happen if a member of the GOP said Hillary or Feinstein should be killed?

It would sound a lot like Ann Coulter saying that someone should put rat poison in Justice Steven's creme brulee. You folks were outraged about that one right?

It wasn't a "should" (advocating or encouraging an action), it was a "would" (predicting someone else's future behavior). To the best of my knowledge, predicting the future is still (a) iffy at best, and (b) not a criminal offense.

The difference is on one hand you have a political commentator tossing bombs because that's how she earns her living and on the other hand you have an elected official, a representative of the people, making an admittedly over the top statement. Ann Coulter has no political power over anyones life.

Nice try at distraction, though.

In that case, the people he represents have the option to tell him at the ballot box what they think of it. Still isn't illegal (my initial comment was to someone's statement that they are suprised the SS hasn't arrested both of them, but that clearly escaped you in your desire to whine some more.)

Now, how about Pat Robertson calling directly for the assassination of a foreign head of state?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Now, how about Pat Robertson calling directly for the assassination of a foreign head of state?

I don't know anyone who thinks Robertson is anything but a religious kook. But I really don't care much what he says because he isn't a public official.

I care. Besides his network he broadcasts on one of the "big three". His political following are responsible for at least 2/3 of those who think that Bush is doing a good job. His followers vote, they think a holy war is okidoke, they think that God gave us natural resources so we should use them up, and that after we fuck up the earth they're going to be leaving this world and their clothes behind with us "sinners". Hitler didn't become Chancellor until 1933 but he enjoyed about a decade of influence prior to that.
I don't remember who said it but "history doesn't repeat itself but it sure does rhyme". I don't know about anyone of you folks but I'd just as soon leave the rhyming to the books in the GWB presidential library;)
(sorry, but it's sooooooo easy)

I would think Ann has more "followers" than this dude, therefore can probably effect more change and maybe she should be held to a higher standard?

That's only because she's hot, and has a cutting sense of humor. She's good!

I don't know anyone who thinks Robertson is anything but a religious kook. But I really don't care much what he says because he isn't a public official.

I care. Besides his network he broadcasts on one of the "big three". His political following are responsible for at least 2/3 of those who think that Bush is doing a good job. His followers vote, they think a holy war is okidoke, they think that God gave us natural resources so we should use them up, and that after we fuck up the earth they're going to be leaving this world and their clothes behind with us "sinners". Hitler didn't become Chancellor until 1933 but he enjoyed about a decade of influence prior to that.
I don't remember who said it but "history doesn't repeat itself but it sure does rhyme". I don't know about anyone of you folks but I'd just as soon leave the rhyming to the books in the GWB presidential library;)
(sorry, but it's sooooooo easy)

Since you are invoking Hitler, let me remind you that people are free to hear whatever they want and follow whomever they choose. If Robertson wants to go out there and scream and flap his arms like a nut, I could care less. On the other hand if an elected official does the same thing, I get concerned.

On the other hand if a elected official Democrat does the same thing, I get concernedall self righteous.

74%er

Now where the fuck did
I put my chest waders....its gettin really deep around here........oh and I fixed your line for you.

On the other hand if a elected official Democrat does the same thing, I get concernedall self righteous.

74%er

Now where the fuck did
I put my chest waders....its gettin really deep around here........oh and I fixed your line for you.

Right. Point out where I've ever defended a public official calling for the assasination of another. Of course many on the left don't seem to have a problem with it.

You can't find your waders because I have them on.

Ann Coulter has no political power over anyones life.

She sure gets more valuable air time than ummm.....what's his name again?

Yes, but she's insane, he's just an idiot.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

You will defend to.... sencelessnes ANY REPUBLICAN.. no matter WHAT they might have done. in your Culture of Corruption or treason..as opposed to vilifying ANY Democrat no matter how innane the stupid thing they may have uttered.....nice job there Karl.

You will defend to.... sencelessnes ANY REPUBLICAN.. no matter WHAT they might have done. in your Culture of Corruption or treason..as opposed to vilifying ANY Democrat no matter how innane the stupid thing they may have uttered.....nice job there Karl.

So you searched and couldn't find where I've ever defended any politcian calling for the murder of another, eh? Perhaps one day when you have learned not to pigeon-hole people and thinking so vacuously you'll bring up an issue I disagree with Republicans about and I'll shatter your template.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention or you would realize I have major disagreements with Bush on the war, immigration, taxes, economic policies, abortion etc. Of course you fail to understand because, although I disagree with Bush and most Republicans, I don't share your particular view and anyone who doesn't share your view is automatically pigeon-holed.

Thanks again for all the entertainment you provide me. :D

Thanks again for all the entertainment you provide me. :D

Amazon needs windmills, so I am all too happy to be an ULTRA RIGHTIE just for the entertainment value. :ph34r:

Careful, Dude. I suspect you may find yourself being asked to dress up like a Nazi for some weird sexual fantasy. :ph34r::ph34r:

Right. Point out where I've ever defended a public official calling for the assasination of another. Of course many on the left don't seem to have a problem with it.

People "pigeon hole" you based on your choice of words. Constantly throwing around "dems" and "libs" along with other derogatory "lefty" comments and then combining those with "Dem wants Bush murdered" and "calling for the assasination of..." when you know that neither of those statements is accurate...well I'd have to say you bring it on yourself.
Here's what that idiot said when he was praising Schumer.
"The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between the president's eyes if he could get away with it. The toughest senator, the best representative. A great, great member of the Congress of the United States."

Very poor choice of words? Yes. Wrong? Yes. Calling for the assasination of someone? No.

The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between the president's eyes if he could get away with it.

No argument on the "idiotic" part.... I imagine the Secret Service will be watching them both for a while....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between the president's eyes if he could get away with it.

No argument on the "idiotic" part.... I imagine the Secret Service will be watching them both for a while....

I would hope the SS has better things to do with its resources.

What types of crimes does the Secret Service investigate?

The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees;.....

There wasn't a threat.

They are supposed to protect the integrity of the currency (they are part of the Treasury). Have you looked at the exchange rates lately?

"History
The Secret Service was created in 1865 to suppress counterfeit currency."

Protecting individuals came some 40 years later.