PCEHmember

Jumpsuit is faded

Hello,

This suit from RSuits is pretty new (only wore it for like 25 jumps) and there were some stains because of the landings so I wanted to wash it.
I put it in the washing machine on 30 degrees (according to the information I got from RSuits) and the colour faded.
It looks really ugly now (a kind of brown colour) and they don't want to do anything about it because they think I didn't do it according to their information >:(.
So, does anyone know how to get this white again? Maybe wash it again? Or use some kind of specific product?

Thanks!
-

It seems to be the stretch, that changed to brown, yes? If so there is probably not really much you can do. Cotton and whool can be decoloured quite easily, nylon and other synthetic fibres not so much.
But you can always try. Buy decolouriser in the drug store and pray.
Dishwascher tabs could also help, 6l warm water, 5 tabs, let the suit soak for about 12h and keep the water warm >30*C...
and no bleaching at all, bad juju for longevity...
Good luck!

Otherwise, ugly suits can always be compensated by awesome flying :P

Just as a sidenote:
There are quite a lot of RSuits around in my area, often with white and white stretch parts. Never heard of this happening before. Could you post a photo of the complete suit?

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Thanks for you reply!
It's indeed the stretch parts of the suit.
I will try your options!!

It's really weird that it happened because I only put the suit in, nothing else and just 30 degrees.

I will post the picture from the whole suit and as you can dee it's everywhere (all the stretch parts).
-

Personaly, now that I've seen how much black you got in there I would refrain from doing anything. The chances of getting the darker parts completely white again are slim to beginn with and really nobody can tell how the black is going to react to decolouriser or other things you might try in your despair.

From the photos it really doesn't look too bad, either.

#equalrightsforbrown
#allcoloursmatter
#nobodyisgoingtocarebutyou
#getitdirtyagain
#hashtag
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

That looks stained or discolored not faded, especially when you consider that this was a white spandex panel before.

Do you have bad water at your house?

Either that or other parts of the suit bled color and the spandex panels picked it up. I don't have white on my suits but I have forest green, purple, and lighter sliver supplex. I use Shout color catchers for the off changes that another part of the suit bled.

I don't really think it is on the suit maker either.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

That looks stained or discolored not faded, especially when you consider that this was a white spandex panel before.

Do you have bad water at your house?

That was my first thought.

Looks like possible rust staining.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'd set fire to it, and go buy another one. Its simply not fashionable to wear a faded jumpsuit in freefall.

Petrol and a lighter are your friend.....

Or you could dye it another colour.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I expect the black bled into the water and the spandex ir what ever absorbed it differently. Manufacture's fault? Well they could have prewashed the black ir warned younnever to wash it. But they may very well not have known. May have been a batch of black that bled more or more likely they may never have made one with this combo. And 30° isn't cold water. That's what I would have used.

I wouldn't expect a new one for free. Maybe a discount on a new one at most.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE