vortexring

Full text letter of Iranian President to American President

http://www.president.ir/eng/ahmadinejad/cronicnews/1385/02/19/index-e.htm#b3

I found this to be very interesting and hopefully some of you might too, regarding the recent arguments on the Iran/Iraq/USA topics.

p.s. could someone make the link "clickable" please?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I found the letter to be well written, clear and concise.

I also see there is a decided slant on the topics mentioned regarding Jews and the US.

I do not see how a country that has been the NUMBER ONE sponsor of terrorism in the world since at least 1979 can lecture all the rest of the world on ethics and humanity.

Remember the Jews were the patsy's in WW2 and after. Then 1948 they are offered a place to gather....bad idea for a group targeted so often for mass destruction.
Oh...and they just droped them in the middle of 5 Arab nations with guns and said defend your new contry...that was not easy. Only gave them enough support to keep the fighting going, not enough for total victory and peace.
People must be able to see, a Jew does not equate to a Zionist, or they will be the final patsy.
Politics will blame religion for all the wars ,if you would believe them ,just one more time.
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

I do not see how a country that has been the NUMBER ONE sponsor of terrorism in the world since at least 1979 can lecture all the rest of the world on ethics and humanity.

It can't. However, there are many that would give the benefit of the doubt to Iran.

The US is not the only country affected by this. Nearly every country that has been victimized by terrorist attacks can follow the trail to this region (Middle East/South Central Asia).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I found the letter to be well written, clear and concise.

I also see there is a decided slant on the topics mentioned regarding Jews and the US.

I agree but the US just keeps on doing it.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I put the original link up ref. the speculation behind the reasoning for war in Iraq and maybe Iran - have a look at this, it argues the reasons being OPEC leaning towards using the Euro rather than the Dollar to trade their oil - and the massive implications of this for the USA:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CLA410A.html

(clicky please? How is it done!?)

I was wondering why the Iranian President made no mention of this in his letter - any ideas anyone?

Anyone got any opinions on the legitamacy regarding this speculation on the Euro/Dollar/War article?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I put the original link up ref. the speculation behind the reasoning for war in Iraq and maybe Iran - have a look at this, it argues the reasons being OPEC leaning towards using the Euro rather than the Dollar to trade their oil - and the massive implications of this for the USA:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CLA410A.html
(clicky please? How is it done!?)

I was wondering why the Iranian President made no mention of this in his letter - any ideas anyone?

Anyone got any opinions on the legitamacy regarding this speculation on the Euro/Dollar/War article?

Yeah... It's pretty accurate. IF oil came to be traded in Euros instead of US Dollars America would be FUCKED!

For years,now, The US Treasury has been overprinting "money" (otherwise called The National Debt). Ever since OPEC passed a resolution to only trade oil in US$ which was forced through by those nice Saudis. This surplus money has languished in national reserves or travelled from one foreign country to another (as payment for oil or other goods - each dollar was worth an amount of oil, and every country needs oil. This surplus money never comes home. If oil were to be traded in Euros, then all these promises "To Pay One Dollar" would come home. Demand for US$ would fall causing the value of the Dollar to go down and triggering an inflationary cycle until the number of dollars in circulation actually matched the economic value of the US.

In effect, the MASSIVE US National Debt is only supported by the fact that oil is traded in US$! IF that support were to disappear, then it's Germany, Ca:1923 for America. Figure on every Dollar in your pocket only being worth around 50 cents.

Bear in mind that Iraq lasted 13 years after it had invaded Kuwait. 12 years of NOT complying with UN weapons inspectors. BUT.... Only 6 months after it changed it's national reserve to a Euro account and started selling it's oil in Euros. The first... VERY FIRST... act of the "liberators" of Iraq was to get it back under the US Dollar again.

Bear in mind that the ONLY European countries who don't use the Euro are Norway & Britain. Co-incidentally, they are the only two Oil-Producing European countries.

Venezuela quite suddenly became "Evil" when it took over the OPEC Presidency and moved for oil to be traded in Euros. Prior to that, its policies were largely ignored.

Like I said before... Follow the money. It's NOT about the oil, it's about what's used to trade the oil.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

its very interesting speculation - if its true perhaps thats why its not mainstream info. - then again, apparently it was discussed on a UK C4 television programme.

It would be interesting if there's any related stories on this matter in the UK/US national newspapers.

Anyone hear about this in the papers? Any links?

I think tha......hang on sec. have to answer the door...

I hardly think the government holds the moral high ground neccessary to lecture anyone on ethics or human rights. Complaining about Guantanamo...this is the same government whos thugs beat an Iranian-Canadian reporter to death because she took pictures of a prison. A country that has declared it's intention to "wipe Isreal off the map" is lecturing on foreign policy ethics?

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

yeah, fair enough - but I didn't see anything in the Iranian Presidents letter about wanting to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Or even anything said in a threatening type manner about Israel.

Is this Western propaganda to justify the sabre rattling on Iran?

Or is there factual documentation of Iran officially making such a statement?

Up until recently I quite happily assumed the statement to be fact. But I'd like to see some evidence now. On a lot of these things in fact.

yeah, fair enough - but I didn't see anything in the Iranian Presidents letter about wanting to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Or even anything said in a threatening type manner about Israel.

Is this Western propaganda to justify the sabre rattling on Iran?

Or is there factual documentation of Iran officially making such a statement? ***
He did not make the threat in the letter, he made it at an earlier date. In fairness my info is only coming from the newspapers, however while I take anything I read with some degree of skepticism the statement was addressed at the UN, as it was in all world papers not just western papers.

With respect to propaganda, of course during times of disagreement we will jump all over an adversaries every word. Thats just the way it is.

Richards

My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Or is there factual documentation of Iran officially making such a statement?

Up until recently I quite happily assumed the statement to be fact. But I'd like to see some evidence now. On a lot of these things in fact.

A simple google search on the strings "wipe israel off the map" and "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" yields 52,400 links to articles on the subject. Feel free to use them to find "evidence". :S

. . =(_8^(1)

... anything in the Iranian Presidents letter about wanting to wipe Israel off the face of the earth... ***
He did not make the threat in the letter, he made it at an earlier date...

He DID question the logic surrounding the foundation of The State of Israel. Fair comment. Greater-Germany kills 6 million European Jews... Here's a bit of Middle east in compensation!:S Wouldn't it have made more sense to have given them Austria!?

Then of course there's the whole translation thing. We get "The State of Israel should cease to exist" and it sounds like anti-semitic genocide all over again. BUT... Suppose he'd meant: "The partition of Palestine to form Israel was a crap idea. the country should be re-unified." What would "cease to exist" is a guaranteed Jewish Government of Israel - replaced by a mixed Jewish-Muslim government of Palestine (or a civil war depending on your level of pessimism and the number of guns left there).

I think it's now accepted that partition by the vacating colonial power, while fashionable just after WWII, was a singularly stupid idea. When White-Rule ended in South Africa, would anyone in their right mind have suggested giving the whites the southern third or quarter of the country and the blacks the remainder?:o:S Yet, that's exactly what happened in Palestine, Vietnam, Korea, India, Cyprus, Angola, Rwanda... (do we see a pattern emerging yet?) The resulting civil war only really ends when the territory is re-unified.

So I'll lay the blame firmly at the door of Britain and The USA for partitioning Palestine.

I'll go further and say that the REAL solution to the Palestinian problem is in fact re-unification and a fair share of government along the South-African model.

Mike.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Thanks Mike, i vote that the most informative post I've seen on DZ.com. very interesting and it makes sense.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>"Yeah... It's pretty accurate. IF oil came to be traded in Euros instead of US Dollars America would be FUCKED!"

Alright Mike? - I've enjoyed reading your threads - and have a question for you:

Was there any article/s in particular that made you aware of this speculation?

Alright Mike? ... have a question for you:

Was there any article/s in particular that made you aware of this speculation?

It actually started (insanely enough) with me going to see a comedian - Bob Newman! He's a sort of Michael Moore - but funny. Then his "History of Oil" show was broadcast on a CHannel 4 cable spinoff in The UK (More 4).

Digging into the semi-serious part of his show, sources DO check out, and the economics makes sense.

It seems that this is a viewpoint which is currently bubbling along just under the mainstream media. No-one in the big news programs seems to go at it directly, they seem to sort of approach it obliquely & sheer off.

Then again, I doubt that a direct article on "Our Troops are fighting and dying for bits of coloured paper" would find much approval anywhere.[:/]

Meanwhile in Iraq, while we see a government formed, and the news that Iraqi troops & police are now taking the lead in the fight against "insurgents", we STILL don't have a timetable & definite conditions for troop withdrawal. What we DO HAVE is 14 (count 'em... FOURTEEN!!!) permanent US/British military bases under construction. Now... To me... Constructing permanent bases is NOT an action I would associate with plans to bring our troops home.:o

So... We're not wearing the "White-Hat". We're not bringing democracy and self-determination to these people. We're empire building.

At least the US & British leaders have assured us that "This is absolutely our last territorial demand... We definitely don't have any plans to invade Poland Iran.":)

Mike.

Thanks Mike - pretty serious implications for USA eh?

I wonder why nobody else has any arguement for or against all this?

Isn't there anyone here who supports the US Governments policy in Iraq?

Or is a Petrodollar war acceptable?

Or does Europe shoulder some responsibility in encouraging OPEC countries to trade in Euro's, and hence helping to destabilize the US economy?

Question I'm wondering - would appreciate some comments - should the UK strengthen its ties with the USA or Europe?

I personally think with the USA - but ideally, act as a bridge in strengthening relationships with US/Europe. Wouldn't partnership between us all be better than competition??

Then again, don't bridges get walked over....

Bear in mind that the ONLY European countries who don't use the Euro are Norway & Britain. Co-incidentally, they are the only two Oil-Producing European countries.

Sorry. Both statements are wrong. Several other countries do not have the Euro (Denmark, Sweden), and Denmark is self sufficient on oil.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Several other countries do not have the Euro (Denmark, Sweden), and Denmark is self sufficient on oil.

OK... Denmark produces oil (do they have a bit of The North Sea?) so doesn't use the Euro. Isn't Sweden sort of Dual-Currency with Euros accepted alongside the Swedish Kroner? Last time I was in Stockholm, it was either 9 or 10 to 1 depending on which shop you were in.

Mike.

Sorry. Both statements are wrong. Several other countries do not have the Euro (Denmark, Sweden), and Denmark is self sufficient on oil.

Actuall there's quite a few other European countires that aren't on the Euro as well. (Czech, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria that I know of)
This ad space for sale.

Isn't Sweden sort of Dual-Currency with Euros accepted alongside the Swedish Kroner?

Not really. It is a common thing to accept foreign currencies in Denmark as well as in Sweden, but to get the best exchange rates I would advise you to use the local currency. ;)

Btw I was not attacking your points as such. They are well made. That particular correlation just was not completely true.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...