akarunway

I WONDER why they love us "liberators" so much

one word only....Fallujah

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9058519743431142534&q=marines

Do you always quote antiwar protesters and Communist Newspaper Editors who claim the US was trying to kill her when she was rescued?

Remember now that she and her driver tried to run a checkpoint at night on the road to Baghdad International?

Did you watch the video? Did you research Fallujah to guide your view point. If I have been fooled into thinking that US Marines commited mass murder in Fallujah under direct orders...please correct me with the facts.
After all. These are very strong accusations.
I hope I am wrong, and the people of Fallujah are dancing in the streets.

Oh youre right!!!

I forgot the insurgents NEVER kill innocent civilians.:S

dig the bullets out of the bodies, and do a simple caliber determination.

I saw some pictures a while back of so called "murders by US troops" funny thing is that laquered shell casings were laying all over the ground.:o

one word only....Fallujah

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9058519743431142534&q=marines

Do you always quote antiwar protesters and Communist Newspaper Editors who claim the US was trying to kill her when she was rescued?

Remember now that she and her driver tried to run a checkpoint at night on the road to Baghdad International?

Did you watch the video? Did you research Fallujah to guide your view point. If I have been fooled into thinking that US Marines commited mass murder in Fallujah under direct orders...please correct me with the facts.
After all. These are very strong accusations.
I hope I am wrong, and the people of Fallujah are dancing in the streets.

Oh youre right!!!

I forgot the insurgents NEVER kill innocent civilians.:S

dig the bullets out of the bodies, and do a simple caliber determination.

I saw some pictures a while back of so called "murders by US troops" funny thing is that laquered shell casings were laying all over the ground.:o

Did you watch the video? I guess you said no.
Whisky Pete, White Phosphorus (WP)
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

WP has been used since WW2 and is not classified by interantional law as a "chemical weapon"

if you would like to call it a chemical weapon then so is lead, copper, and cordite.

As for the people killed in fallujah I am very aware they died, and also the entire polulation was given the opportunity to evacuate before operations started.

MK77 could be Napalm for all intents...geez you choose which to use cluster munitions?

MOAB?

MK82 Snakeyes dropped by formations of B52's?

If that former Marine say he intentionally killed unarmed civilians why doesn't he turn himself in for war crimes?

>WP has been used since WW2 and is not classified by interantional
>law as a "chemical weapon"

Then why did we call it a chemical weapon when Saddam used it? Is it only a chemical weapon when our enemies use it?

From a declassified 1995 US intelligence document:

IRAQ HAS POSSIBLY EMPLOYED PHOSPHOROUS CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST THE KURDISH POPULATION IN AREAS ALONG THE IRAQI-TURKISH-IRANIAN BORDERS. […]

IN LATE FEBRUARY 1991, FOLLOWING THE COALITION FORCES’ OVERWHELMING VICTORY OVER IRAQ, KURDISH REBELS STEPPED UP THEIR STRUGGLE AGAINST IRAQI FORCES IN NORTHERN IRAQ. DURING THE BRUTAL CRACKDOWN THAT FOLLOWED THE KURDISH UPRISING, IRAQI FORCES LOYAL TO PRESIDENT SADDAM ((HUSSEIN)) MAY HAVE POSSIBLY USED WHITE PHOSPHOROUS (WP) CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST KURDISH REBELS AND THE POPULACE IN ERBIL (GEOCOORD:3412N/04401E) (VICINITY OF IRANIAN BORDER) AND DOHUK (GEOCOORD:3652N/04301E) (VICINITY OF IRAQI BORDER) PROVINCES, IRAQ.

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/declassdocs/dia/19950901/950901_22431050_91r.html

>Maybe he would have liked it if congressmen reviewed EVERY thing
>he did in Vietnam!

You are defending the cold-blooded killing of Iraqis? I fear that if enough people start taking that approach, we are going to lose this war in a big way.

It's pretty plain to see the slant that the press is just waiting for the other shoe to drop. The context is not very balanced, at all. I don't see the previous statement as advocation of killing innocent Iraqis.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Then why did we call it a chemical weapon when Saddam used it? Is it only a chemical weapon when our enemies use it?

IRAQ HAS POSSIBLY EMPLOYED PHOSPHOROUS CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST THE KURDISH POPULATION IN AREAS ALONG THE IRAQI-TURKISH-IRANIAN BORDERS. […]

IN LATE FEBRUARY 1991, FOLLOWING THE COALITION FORCES’ OVERWHELMING VICTORY OVER IRAQ, KURDISH REBELS STEPPED UP THEIR STRUGGLE AGAINST IRAQI FORCES IN NORTHERN IRAQ. DURING THE BRUTAL CRACKDOWN THAT FOLLOWED THE KURDISH UPRISING, IRAQI FORCES LOYAL TO PRESIDENT SADDAM ((HUSSEIN)) MAY HAVE POSSIBLY USED WHITE PHOSPHOROUS (WP), CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST KURDISH REBELS AND THE POPULACE IN ERBIL (GEOCOORD:3412N/04401E) (VICINITY OF IRANIAN BORDER) AND DOHUK (GEOCOORD:3652N/04301E) (VICINITY OF IRAQI BORDER) PROVINCES, IRAQ.

Hey Bill?, just for the sake of argument what do you think of your post with the addition of just one small comma?

IN LATE FEBRUARY 1991, FOLLOWING THE COALITION FORCES’ OVERWHELMING VICTORY OVER IRAQ, KURDISH REBELS STEPPED UP THEIR STRUGGLE AGAINST IRAQI FORCES IN NORTHERN IRAQ. DURING THE BRUTAL CRACKDOWN THAT FOLLOWED THE KURDISH UPRISING, IRAQI FORCES LOYAL TO PRESIDENT SADDAM ((HUSSEIN)) MAY HAVE POSSIBLY USED WHITE PHOSPHOROUS (WP), CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST KURDISH REBELS AND THE POPULACE IN ERBIL (GEOCOORD:3412N/04401E) (VICINITY OF IRANIAN BORDER) AND DOHUK (GEOCOORD:3652N/04301E) (VICINITY OF IRAQI BORDER) PROVINCES, IRAQ.

Hey Bill?, just for the sake of argument what do you think of your post with the addition of just one small comma?

I guess it's a shame that the original didn't have your comma. Actually you would need to add two commas to change the meaning.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

> just for the sake of argument what do you think of your post with the
>addition of just one small comma?

I'll do you one better:

"MAY HAVE POSSIBLY USED WHITE PHOSPHOROUS (WP), CHEMICAL WEAPONS AND ANTHRAX VIRUS AGAINST KURDISH REBELS AND THE POPULACE IN ERBIL"

Or perhaps this:

"MAY HAVE POSSIBLY USED WHITE PHOSPHOROUS (WP), CHEMICAL WEAPONS AND NUCLEAR WEAPONS AGAINST KURDISH REBELS AND THE POPULACE IN ERBIL"

Now we're talking! A little revision, and suddenly there's a better case for war! Excellent catch, and good call on not overusing the truth.

interesting video. Chemical weapon (I think it clearly is) or not, the US still used indescriminate airborne weaponry in a civillian area. Not everyone wouldhave been able to evacuate, ie: The sick, the old, the very young, those caring for them. Whoever gave the orders for WP and MK77 to be used should stand trail and let the law decide if they are guilty.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

interesting video. Chemical weapon (I think it clearly is) or not, the US still used indescriminate airborne weaponry in a civillian area. Not everyone wouldhave been able to evacuate, ie: The sick, the old, the very young, those caring for them. Whoever gave the orders for WP and MK77 to be used should stand trail and let the law decide if they are guilty.

Yep! It's not how they did it, but what they did.

Now soldiers have to live with the orders they followed.
The military targets young ,head strong men, looking for excitement. They need someone who will follow orders without question.

A strong military force is nice, but what to do when no one wants to fight?
Spoils of war are required to feed the strongest military force.

We raise our kids to be sheep through education. Now I understand why the education system fails us...it was not designed to educate , but make more sheep.

I can not see the need for large scale murder...but it would appear that someone does....and they have been doing it for long time.

At this time they are making USA look bad, but Britain and many more nations are in just as deep. That is why I think your country( USA ) is in trouble...USA is taking all the heat on this...I smell a patsy.
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

So they killed a few extra people , so what . War is hell . I guess they are going to start charging pilots with a crime when they bomb the wrong target as well . This shit should not even make the news . If they are really concerned about innocent people getting killed they should look into what contractors get away with .

-I guess they are going to start charging pilots with a crime when they bomb the wrong target as well

they do, usually whne a bombadier misses his mark and causes unintentional damage or loss of life, that person usually goes to jail for neglect, it doesnt happen very often but every once in a while it happens, bombs these days are so far technologically advance they almost find the targets on thier own,

and if some service members did lose it and smashed o bunch of people let the government handle it, we do punish our own quite comprably to civilian authoritie, i know in germany when you get pulled over or commit a crime you have to answer to both the german consulate and the MPs as a soldier, Its hard to say what may or may not have happened without actually being their, like you said war is hell, and things happen hier taht make you want to go on a killing spree, one time a car bomb detonated next to us while we were on patrol, 8 soldiers who i knew on a brotherly level were killed taht day, after i got done treating the living i was so angry and there was this one iraqi who happened to be in the vicinity when it detonated, he was cuffed and laying on the side of the road, man as soon as i was done treating i started running towards that dude chambering a round and aiming dead for him, my buddy tackled me and slapped e around a bit, but i was dead set on blowing that guys head off. now i dont get angry abou it anymore, you just say to yourself what a dumbass, glad i didnt do that
Fly it like you stole it

Well there we have it then. No need for any investigation or trial. Murtha has proclaimed them guilty due to evidence he recieved from an Iraqi human rights group and an article in Time magazine.

I must have missed where he cited those as his sources.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well there we have it then. No need for any investigation or trial. Murtha has proclaimed them guilty due to evidence he recieved from an Iraqi human rights group and an article in Time magazine.

Blues,
Dave

Did you read the article?

Yes, and nowhere in the article does it list where he got his evidence. One relevant quote is, ""It's much worse than reported in Time magazine," Murtha said. " That means he used something other than Time magazine as his source.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes, and nowhere in the article does it list where he got his evidence. One relevant quote is, ""It's much worse than reported in Time magazine," Murtha said. " That means he used something other than Time magazine as his source.

Blues,
Dave

I'm sure it was an "anonymous source", who asked not to be identified. I'm glad to hear that Murtha, who retired from active service almost 40 years ago knows so much about what happened. I'm not disparaging Murtha of his record, I'm just questioning his sources and if he has some "insider" knowledge. I prefer it if he'd wait until the full report comes out rather than proclaiming someone guilty or innocence before hand.

I'm sure it was an "anonymous source", who asked not to be identified. I'm glad to hear that Murtha, who retired from active service almost 40 years ago knows so much about what happened. I'm not disparaging Murtha of his record, I'm just questioning his sources and if he has some "insider" knowledge. I prefer it if he'd wait until the full report comes out rather than proclaiming someone guilty or innocence before hand.

But that would not facilitate the political agenda of the democratic party:)

You're right that he's not naming his sources, but in this article it does suggest "insider" knowledge:

In November at least 15 Iraqi civilians in Haditha were killed while troops from the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines were looking for insurgents who planted a roadside bomb that killed a member of their unit.

The Marines first said that the civilians had been killed by a roadside bomb, then later suggested they may have been caught in a firefight.

The battalion commander and two company commanders were relieved of their commands and reassigned to staff posts at Camp Pendleton, California.

Last week, Rep. John Murtha, D-Pennsylvania, a decorated retired Marine colonel who is opposed to the war in Iraq, said the investigation of the Haditha deaths would show that the toll was higher than 15 and that the Marines killed the civilians "in cold blood." He said he received his information from U.S. commanders.

"There was no firefight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," Murtha said. "They actually went into the houses and killed women and children."

An Iraqi human rights group, Hammurabi Human Rights Association, recorded the scene on video.

IF true, it sucks. [:/]

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

This is looking worse and worse. The last thing we need at this point is another My Lai.

-----------------------
Military to Report Marines Killed Iraqi Civilians

By THOM SHANKER, ERIC SCHMITT and RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
Published: May 26, 2006

WASHINGTON, May 25 — A military investigation into the deaths of two dozen Iraqis last November is expected to find that a small number of marines in western Iraq carried out extensive, unprovoked killings of civilians, Congressional, military and Pentagon officials said Thursday.

. . .

Officials briefed on preliminary results of the inquiry said the civilians killed at Haditha, a lawless, insurgent-plagued city deep in Sunni-dominated Anbar Province, did not die from a makeshift bomb, as the military first reported, or in cross-fire between marines and attackers, as was later announced. A separate inquiry has begun to find whether the events were deliberately covered up.

Evidence indicates that the civilians were killed during a sustained sweep by a small group of marines that lasted three to five hours and included shootings of five men standing near a taxi at a checkpoint, and killings inside at least two homes that included women and children, officials said.

That evidence, described by Congressional, Pentagon and military officials briefed on the inquiry, suggested to one Congressional official that the killings were "methodical in nature."

. . . .

Military investigators have since uncovered a far different set of facts from what was first reported, partly aided by marines who are cooperating with the inquiry and partly guided by reports filed by a separate unit that arrived to gather intelligence and document the attack; those reports contradicted the original version of the marines, Pentagon officials said.

One senior Defense Department official who has been briefed on the initial findings, when asked how many of the 24 dead Iraqis were killed by the improvised bomb as initially reported, paused and said, "Zero."

If the wire from an IED ran to that house and those at the taxi stand were spotters, then what would you say?

I'd still say it's wrong to shoot unarmed civilians, especially women and children. I've yet to see it established that this is what happened, but things are certainly pointing that way. In any case, the cover-up attempts suggest that your scenario wasn't the case.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

I would prefer to see all the facts and interview every witness before coming to the conclusion it was a " cold blooded murder".

This is horrible - face it. The facts that have come out should provide enough evidence for you at this point. There was a cover up. That's a fact. The Marines of Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines have rotated back home, to California. Last month, the Marine Corps relieved Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani of command of the 3rd Battalion. Two of his company commanders were relieved of their commands, as well. I'll guess your response will be the only reason was because there is an investigation?

I don't know if you ever served but if you had you would realize the fear put into our troops about illegal killings. This fact makes the entire incident a bit suspicious.

How so? The fact that the Marine commandant is dedicating his recent unscheduled trip to Iraq to renforce the need to refrain from war crimes underscores the severity of what happened Nov. 19 in Haditha. Face it! It happened the way it is now being told.

I am not in favor of prosecuting troops just to satisfy politicians, and or Iraqis, if there was a crime then let it be investigated.

To satisfy politicians and or Iraqis? How about code of conduct? Are you serious??:| There is an investigation and it doesnt look good! Does it!

I would also like to point out that if an IED goes off in front of your home there is a high degree of certainty that you either witnessed it being placed or were involved in it directly.

An 8-year-old boy, five young girls and a 1-year-old girl???? What the hell are you saying again?????

It's apparent by every account; Iraqi witnesses, hospital workers, Navy investagtors and others, that this happened the way it was portrayed. No, not the cover up part.

The Marines paid compensation put variously by townspeople at $1,500 or $2,500 for each of the 15 men, women and children killed in the first two houses....lies I guess? All lies to you by your comments.

Wow!

Carpe Diem