akarunway

I WONDER why they love us "liberators" so much

I know. "a few bad apples" >:( Marines killed Iraqi civilians 'in cold blood': US lawmaker
May 17 8:39 PM US/Eastern

A US lawmaker and former Marine colonel accused US Marines of killing innocent Iraqi civilians after a Marine comrade had been killed by a roadside bomb.

"Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," John Murtha told reporters. The November 19 incident occurred in Haditha, Iraq.

"There was no firefight" that led to the shootings at close range, the Vietnam war veteran said, denying early official accounts, which said that a roadside bomb had killed the Iraqis.

"There were no (roadside bombs) that killed these innocent people," he said.

Time magazine reported the shootings on March 27, based on an Iraqi human rights group and locals, who said that 15 unarmed Iraqis died, including women and children, when Marines barged into their home throwing grenades and shooting.

"It's much worse than reported in Time magazine," Murtha said.

At least three Marine officers are under official investigation, and no report has been released, Army Times said Tuesday.

Murtha is a harsh critic of the war in Iraq and said that such incidents are the result of inadequate planning, training and troop numbers in Iraq.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I know. "a few bad apples" >:( Marines killed Iraqi civilians 'in cold blood': US lawmaker
May 17 8:39 PM US/Eastern

A US lawmaker and former Marine colonel accused US Marines of killing innocent Iraqi civilians after a Marine comrade had been killed by a roadside bomb.

"Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," John Murtha told reporters. The November 19 incident occurred in Haditha, Iraq.

"There was no firefight" that led to the shootings at close range, the Vietnam war veteran said, denying early official accounts, which said that a roadside bomb had killed the Iraqis.

"There were no (roadside bombs) that killed these innocent people," he said.

Time magazine reported the shootings on March 27, based on an Iraqi human rights group and locals, who said that 15 unarmed Iraqis died, including women and children, when Marines barged into their home throwing grenades and shooting.

"It's much worse than reported in Time magazine," Murtha said.

At least three Marine officers are under official investigation, and no report has been released, Army Times said Tuesday.

Murtha is a harsh critic of the war in Iraq and said that such incidents are the result of inadequate planning, training and troop numbers in Iraq.

Maybe he would have liked it if congressmen reviewed EVERY thing he did in Vietnam!

I know the man was a war hero, but that does not mean he never did any wrongdoing himself.

Well there we have it then. No need for any investigation or trial. Murtha has proclaimed them guilty due to evidence he recieved from an Iraqi human rights group and an article in Time magazine.

-

Well that is the same as being there and seeing it with your own eyes isn't it?:S

Well there we have it then. No need for any investigation or trial. Murtha has proclaimed them guilty due to evidence he recieved from an Iraqi human rights group and an article in Time magazine.

-

Well that is the same as being there and seeing it with your own eyes isn't it?:S

"It's the seriousness of the charge, not the nature of the evidence that's important." Don't ever forget that.

(I know I keep saying that, but I was told if you plagerize someone else enough, it will be ascribed to you). :D

-

>Maybe he would have liked it if congressmen reviewed EVERY thing
>he did in Vietnam!

You are defending the cold-blooded killing of Iraqis? I fear that if enough people start taking that approach, we are going to lose this war in a big way.

>Maybe he would have liked it if congressmen reviewed EVERY thing
>he did in Vietnam!

You are defending the cold-blooded killing of Iraqis? I fear that if enough people start taking that approach, we are going to lose this war in a big way.

I would prefer to see all the facts and interview every witness before coming to the conclusion it was a " cold blooded murder".

I don't know if you ever served but if you had you would realize the fear put into our troops about illegal killings. This fact makes the entire incident a bit suspicious.

I am not in favor of prosecuting troops just to satisfy politicians, and or Iraqis, if there was a crime then let it be investigated.

I would also like to point out that if an IED goes off in front of your home there is a high degree of certainty that you either witnessed it being placed or were involved in it directly.

>if there was a crime then let it be investigated.

It is being investigated, as many others have been. And we keep convicting people for such crimes in our own military courts.

It was not OK for Hussein to kill innocent Iraqis, and it's not OK for us to do it either.

>I would also like to point out that if an IED goes off in front of your
>home there is a high degree of certainty that you either witnessed it
>being placed or were involved in it directly.

So? Are you saying that partially justifies killing all the people nearby? Using logic like that, Saddam was justified in killing off those Kurds.

>if there was a crime then let it be investigated.

It is being investigated, as many others have been. And we keep convicting people for such crimes in our own military courts.

It was not OK for Hussein to kill innocent Iraqis, and it's not OK for us to do it either.

>I would also like to point out that if an IED goes off in front of your
>home there is a high degree of certainty that you either witnessed it
>being placed or were involved in it directly.

So? Are you saying that partially justifies killing all the people nearby? Using logic like that, Saddam was justified in killing off those Kurds.

Are you saying if that was the circumstance they had nothing to do with the killing of US troops?

Before judging them maybe we all should get every fact possible and try evaluating it from the viewpoint of what they knew when they knew it.

Walk a mile in their boots first before you say MURDER

Get ready for every excuse in the book dude.

Don’t you know our troops never do anything wrong.
The sad part is even if they get convicted for killing the people they might get 5 years.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>Are you saying if that was the circumstance they had nothing to do
>with the killing of US troops?

Nope. What I am saying is that if US troops are justified in killing all the people nearby because they MIGHT have had something to do with it, Saddam Hussein was justified in wiping out villages where someone tried to assassinate him.

And I don't know about you, but I hold the United States of America to a higher standard than Saddam Hussein.

Nope. What I am saying is that if US troops are justified in killing all the people nearby because they MIGHT have had something to do with it, Saddam Hussein was justified in wiping out villages where someone tried to assassinate him.

And I don't know about you, but I hold the United States of America to a higher standard than Saddam Hussein.

As do I Bill...amazing huh?

Any person here that is a veteran or on active duty KNOWS what will happen if you commit an

ILLEGAL KILLING

Live by the sword, die by the sword.:|

Its already lost. Now its just a matter of how many more die before we leave them to it.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Using that logic we should have just killed all the locals in Northern Ireland everytime a IED went off.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Any person here that is a veteran or on active duty KNOWS what will happen if you commit an

ILLEGAL KILLING

I bet you think this was a justified response to an illegal killing too.

And this.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ILLEGAL KILLING

And this.

Well first of all we are not the Nazi's nor the Waffen SS

and did I state that atrocities are ok?...NO please re read my statement

With the right to kill in combat comes great responsibilty, and the certain knowledge that one day you may be prosecuted, for what was once sanctioned.

ILLEGAL KILLING

And this.

Is that all you have? Nazi comparisons? Reminds me of someone else.

-

ILLEGAL KILLING

And this.

Is that all you have? Nazi comparisons? Reminds me of someone else.

-

Me? I said that the adamant supporters of historical leaders, who went on to become murderous dictators, most likely felt as intensely patriotic as you do now.

It doesn't take a nation of 'bad' people to allow freedom to collapse, it takes a nation of otherwise good people who will not or cannot see what is going on around them.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

"And I don't know about you, but I hold the United States of America to a higher standard than Saddam Hussein." ----------------------------------------------------Thank You. I agree-----------------------------------
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

one word only....Fallujah

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9058519743431142534&q=marines

Do you always quote antiwar protesters and Communist Newspaper Editors who claim the US was trying to kill her when she was rescued?

Remember now that she and her driver tried to run a checkpoint at night on the road to Baghdad International?

one word only....Fallujah

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9058519743431142534&q=marines

Do you always quote antiwar protesters and Communist Newspaper Editors who claim the US was trying to kill her when she was rescued?

Remember now that she and her driver tried to run a checkpoint at night on the road to Baghdad International?

Did you watch the video? Did you research Fallujah to guide your view point. If I have been fooled into thinking that US Marines commited mass murder in Fallujah under direct orders...please correct me with the facts.
After all. These are very strong accusations.
I hope I am wrong, and the people of Fallujah are dancing in the streets.
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.