LisaM

Walmart....

"Thasnk you for your insight. That's the problem: If you think Wal-Mart is corrupt wait until you have an individual or a group of people deciding what everyone deserves."_________________________________________I thought that what govt. was for. We the sheeple:P

Walmart is obviously a front set up by the govt. to test new mind control techniques. This is essential for the Stalin inspired takeover of America. God help us all...we are powerless to resist. God have mercy on America.

-

Funny how many people here don't like wal mart, or think they have comitted some crime because some "Mom and Pop" store had to close....

Tough... That's life, and that is business.

Walmart exists because they fill a need or a desire of the people. If people didn't shop there, they wouldn't exist.

So whose fault is it?
Yours, or your parents, or your cousins or grandparents, or maybe your friends....

But, How come people don't bitch about Home Depot or Lowe's fo pushing out the local hardware store or lumber yard?
Or Stop and Shop (east coast) for pushing out small pharmacies and grocery stores?

It is called Progress people.
Americans want one stop shopping, Efficiency, and cheaper prices a lot more than they want personalized more expensive service at grocery stores pharmacies and hardwarestores.

It is as simple as that.
The stores aren't the evil ones.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

>Walmart exists because they fill a need or a desire of the people. If
>people didn't shop there, they wouldn't exist.

Of course. Tobacco companies fulfull a need too. Doesn't mean smoking is a good idea. Indeed, I try to get my friends to quit, because of the harm smoking does.

>The stores aren't the evil ones.

No more so than smoking is evil. But the tobacco companies and Wal-Mart both have way more negative effects than positive ones (IMO) which is why I don't support either one.

>It is called Progress people.

I guess people have different defintions of progress. I think the space program, Evergreen Solar, the Atkinson engine, and the ARM processor are good examples of progress. Wal-Mart is as much progress as a new gas station in LA is.

Rednecks like to wear camo and flannel clothing and drive big loud trucks with gunracks in the back window and rebel flag stickers everywhere. White Trash moms are the ones causing scenes by cussing, yelling, and beating on their kids like its no big deal.

Rednecks like to wear camo and flannel clothing and drive big loud trucks with gunracks in the back window and rebel flag stickers everywhere. White Trash moms are the ones causing scenes by cussing, yelling, and beating on their kids like its no big deal.

Yuppies wear linen slacks and polo shirts and drive econobox cars with greenpeace stickers everywhere.

Yuppie moms are the ones whose kids cause scenes because they completely ignore her since they know she's all talk and no punishment. So what if they get sent to their room? They have their computer, DVD player, TV, stereo, X-box, etc.

Gee, isn't blanket stereotyping fun???
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Gee, isn't blanket stereotyping fun???

I think he was making a joke.

But if not, then the best response is to ask him to do "his funny little clever thing" for blacks and gays and asians and jews, etc and see if he gets indignant. Then ask him to do it for CrWdawgs, fflyers and RWers and see if that area is also subject to rash generalizations.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ask him to do it for CrWdawgs, fflyers and RWers and see if that area is also subject to rash generalizations.....

Hey, that’s a great idea!
Freeflyers are the ones in a sit, fixing each other in a catatonic gaze. For some reason, they refer to it as “jumping together.”

<<ducks and runs!>>:P

yep seen it. Talked to alot of people who work there said it was really like they treat people like crap!:( I started shopping at meijer. I don't know how many of you have a Trader joes in your state but it's a grocery store with absolutley great service.;)
Playtime is essential.

It's the same with most of the big store mentality.
When they go into business, they provide quality products, and good service.
Then, someone with a business degree decides that the company can make a few more cents by selling generic, look alike crap, and they think that the masses are too stupid to notice.
All of the local stores have been shut down because most people seem to prefer a few extra cents in their pockets than good service.
Thus, unless you choose to shop with catalogs or the internet, they pretty much have you by the short hairs.
Try standing in line at one of the home improvment stores at noon. You make thirty to forty dollars an hour, and have to stand in line for fifteen minutes for a $5.00 box of screws. It's a good thing that I don't run the show.

And you are entitled to your opinion, But comparing Walmart to Tabacco companies is a bit of a stretch even for you Bill.

First let me say I smoked for 13 yrs.... I will be smober (Smoking sober) for exactly 7 months tomorrow.
No one is dying from too much walmart shopping OK.
Tobacco companies intentionally marketed DEADLY products to children.
A product they KNEW contained chemical which would cause cancer in those who used it.

Sorry Bill, but I have to call you out on this one.... Not even a close comparison.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty