Emu

Icon I3 - ZPX Pilot 168

Of course it is possible, given a bit of humidity and a neat packer... The question should not be "if" but "why", though...

If you need a 168 as a main size and probably the same size reserve, how did you come up with an I3? :S
If it's because of wingsuiting there are a few better options in that size and with a much smaller packvolume than zpx.

Apart from the obvious brick like feeling and a few safety concerns, overstuffing also damages the container quite often. Wouln't be the first Icon I have to repair a broken plastic insert on a main container flap.

Yes, you can do it. But have you thought it through?

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Update:

Rig had arrived and just got it all packed up and put together today. With a LPV 150 in the reserve container (meant to pack like a 135 I think?) the ZPX 168 fits perfectly fine. Took a couple minutes to dial in the closing loop length but it's not putting any stress on the container. It's important to note that I got the long version of the icon I3 so things fit a bit different than the standard icons I've packed.
I say go for it. Works just fine.

My I4 icon (From 2008) has a zpx pilot 168 in it. I haven't actually packed it myself (I usually have 3 little ones with me at DZ lol) but I have asked packers and the rigger who installed it and they have all said it gets in there just fine, and I have a 150 smart reserve in it. Hope that helps!

i was able to stuff a prime 170 low bulk into my i3 long and it wasnt pretty (required test jump)... i have an op143 and usually jump a helix96.... a normal 135 is fucking tight in it... yes itll fit with a long ass closing loop but you're rig will not like it....
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...