sid

Happy Cinco de Mayo y'all

My favorite Holiday!!!!!!!!!!! Let loose your Inner Mexican, drink Tequila, eat Fajitas and shoot a badger, 'cause as Sancho Panza said, "Badgers....we don't need no steenkin' badgers"

- sorry I've just been told that should be badges - nevermind :S about the badgers, but hey! Celebrate the defeat of the steenkin' french and VIVA CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

STATISTICS ON IMMIGRATION
1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).
11. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.
12. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.
13. The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor
Donald Huddle, Rice University].
14. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE 29% !

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).
11. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.
12. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.
13. The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor
Donald Huddle, Rice University].
14. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE 29% !

...but...but... we owe it to 'em!? Don't we?

Chuck

BEEZY!!!!!!!!! You are one of my favorite people in this bidnez, but don't spoil my HOLIDAY thread. This is Cinco De Mayo!!!!!!!!!

It's about drinking good tequila, eating "tastes so good, but clogs your arteries" food and celebrating your inner mexican.......

Viva la revolucion (now go take your illegals stuff to Speaker's Corner :P and let's go shoot some badgers!!!!!!!!!!)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

This statement is not true. Everytime anyone shops at Walmart, the grocery store, buys gas, buys clothes, etc. they are paying taxes, state sales taxes. In Athens alone our sales tax is 10%. They may not be paying the gov't directly, but they definately are paying taxes.

Edited to add:
You know I love you Beezy!!
:)

I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

This statement is not true Beezy. Everytime anyone shops at Walmart, the grocery store, buys gas, goes to dinner, etc. they are paying taxes. In Athens alone our sales tax is 10%. They may not be paying the gov't directly, but they definately are paying taxes.

True, but that is only sales tax. The taxes he was referring to is income tax (which is typically around 28% of your gross income). We, the citizens of the United States, have to pay that 28% on our gross income and then pay whatever sales tax, in your case 10%, when we go to spend our net income...

There is a huge difference in what we pay vs. the illegals... :(

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

This statement is not true Beezy. Everytime anyone shops at Walmart, the grocery store, buys gas, goes to dinner, etc. they are paying taxes. In Athens alone our sales tax is 10%. They may not be paying the gov't directly, but they definately are paying taxes.

True, but that is only sales tax. The taxes he was referring to is income tax (which is typically around 28% of your gross income). We, the citizens of the United States, have to pay that 28% on our gross income and then pay whatever sales tax, in your case 10%, when we go to spend our net income...

STOP IT!!!!!!!!! are you all fucking crazy? Go to Speakers Corner with this shit - I'm talking Cinco De Mayo Baby!!!!!!! Eat, Drink! Celebrate the French getting their ass kicked - now PARTY (that's an order - and that is all)
Pete Draper,

Sorry to bring my rant in to the bonfire... I personally avoid SC... Those people are scary in there... This one just hit home when I read it...

Anyway... I concur... Let's party...

I foresee several Coronas in my future this evening!!!

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Sorry to bring my rant in to the bonfire... I personally avoid SC... Those people are scary in there... This one just hit home when I read it...

Anyway... I concur... Let's party...

I foresee several Coronas in my future this evening!!!

'pology accepted, on behalf of my Mexicano compadres your absolution involves Corono and Corazon Tequila! ARIBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

What religion does the holiday derive from? I mean, I think Christianity is the way to go, but society doesn't always agree, nor does the government always give society the rights we deserve as citizens. Of course, the problem is, there are too many illegal immigrants who are not paying income taxes and carrying handguns.

btw- I think gun control is bullshit and abortion is wrong.

:D:P

What about the quiet illegal immigrants?

They work hard, pay taxes and avoid contact with: gangs, drugs, petty crime, police, hospitals, welfare, public schools, etc.

In other words, they pay taxes, but are reluctant to collect on services because their documents are "questionable."

What religion does the holiday derive from?
:D:P

Mine! The church of "PARTY ON!"
Pete Draper,

Where did you get those statistics? Frankly, they sound like bullshit.

40% of the workers in LA county are illegals? No way.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hense that i maybe why we should legalize them because the they would have to pay taxes also........duh!
There is a reason why alot of them do not want to be legal, they don't have to pay taxes, and health care, etc. You cannot keep them from coming in the country. We have tried for years.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Not 40% of the people Wendy...

40% of the WORKERS!;)

From what I remember when I lived on the left coast,
that number might be too SMALL!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I prefer this one:

14. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican
immigrant is a NEGATIVE 29% !

29% of what? :S:D

As for the other stuff, you won't find me gracing any Mexican restaurants or bars with my cash today, or buying any produce, or hiring any illegals to do my yardwork or wash my car. And just like I didn't notice any effects of Monday's boycotts, I seriously doubt any Mexicans will notice any effects of mine. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sounds like he got it pretty much verbatim from this re-circulating e-mail, which is discussed on Snopes.com here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

(Took me about 5 seconds to find it. Just went to Snopes.com, typed in phrase "illegal immigrants" in the search box, et voila.)

Edit: BTW, I join Sid in thanking you all so much for hijacking a nice party thread all to hell & sending it to SC.

BTW, I join Sid in thanking you all so much for hijacking a nice party thread all to hell & sending it to SC.

My bad, I've sent sid a pm telling him I really didn't intend to start a political debate, I was just reading the email this morning and found it pretty surprising. Like I said to sid, hell I'm rodriguez bro. number 144! Let's go have a margarita!

My favorite Holiday!!!!!!!!!!! Let loose your Inner Mexican, drink Tequila, eat Fajitas and shoot a badger, 'cause as Sancho Panza said, "Badgers....we don't need no steenkin' badgers"

- sorry I've just been told that should be badges - nevermind :S about the badgers, but hey! Celebrate the defeat of the steenkin' french and VIVA CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me sad to see the holiday get wound up in all the immigration b.s....after all, we all know where the best Tequila comes from. I say we make friends and play nice. Remember what's at stake here: 100% agave, people. 100%!

now where is my cindo de mayo hat....
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

The only mexicans that will be at cinco de mayo will be the ones who are cooking the food and cleaning up after all the white folks there .

I don't do Cinco De Mayo... I'm not Mexican. I do remember March 6, though.

Chuck