hottamaly

May 1, I'm going shopping

I went to buy a breakfast burrito this morning... the Mexican restaurant was closed.

I DEMAND we open up all the borders and give anyone everything they need so that I don't have to make my own breakfast!!

They REALLY showed me!
Oh, hello again!

All I can say is I had a very pleasant drive to work today without as many uninsured drivers with little flags hanging from their rearview mirrors (which BTW is a dead giveaway that they can't drive for shit anyway)... they can stay home every day as far as I'm concerened...

And BTW, all of my employees who are of hispanic decent (all legal too) were at work bright and early today...

If your local taquaria was closed this morning... you should consider it closed from now on.

J

I went to buy a breakfast burrito this morning... the Mexican restaurant was closed.

I DEMAND we open up all the borders and give anyone everything they need so that I don't have to make my own breakfast!!

They REALLY showed me!

You mean by not making any money.:D

Or was it that they earned so much money today by working.:o

It was kind of funny - I didn't even notice anything here. The same illegals were standing on the corner, doing the same waiting, not making anymore money than they would have last week, but still unemployable - just as they were last week.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I didn't even notice anything here

I did, and my father did. They've closed down several of the larger streets in Los Angeles (Wilshire and LaBrea, starting in MacArther park)...the police are on tactical alert (meaning that shifts are held over, and maximum personell are on the street), and lots of folks have closed their businesses.

I have heard some comments on the TV about how they blocked the border between San Ysidro and Tijuana...and I have no idea why.

I think it's time to get my tennis shoes on and go shopping...my area seems to have taken a hit.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

As I said... we must give them what they want ASAP!! It is of critical importance that we let non-citizens influence our national policies. Just relax and let it happen, it's the way of the world. Submit, relent, accept!
Oh, hello again!

But not from illegals. There should be plenty of legal people to find jobs for.

Yeah, but legal people with job options don't like getting up at 3am to commute for two hours downtown to clean offices for $6/hr.

And they wouldn't have to if the owner was forced to pay more for legal Americans by no one else accepting the job for less than minimum wage. But, there are too many (illegals) that will work for that low of pay.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

And they wouldn't have to if the owner was forced to pay more for legal Americans by no one else accepting the job for less than minimum wage. But, there are too many (illegals) that will work for that low of pay.

Here's a thought - how about the owner abides by the law.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Here's a thought - how about the owner abides by the law.

How dare you suggest a good legal american do such a thing.....it is all the wetbacks fucking fault....stop confusing me. If all those illegals were kicked from the country, then the poor legal american who is just trying to survive would not have to hire illegals at below market rates.....yeah that's it.

And they wouldn't have to if the owner was forced to pay more for legal Americans by no one else accepting the job for less than minimum wage.

Cool. Of course, building rent prices just went up. Which will trickle down.

Don't forget that now those employers will also have to have full coverage with unemployement and workmen's comp as well. Yes, it's legal. We'll all pay for it, and I sure hope that the same people that are unhappy with the immigration state of affairs aren't hte same ones bitching about prices.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And they wouldn't have to if the owner was forced to pay more for legal Americans by no one else accepting the job for less than minimum wage.

Don't forget that now those employers will also have to have full coverage with unemployement and workmen's comp as well. Yes, it's legal. We'll all pay for it, and I sure hope that the same people that are unhappy with the immigration state of affairs aren't hte same ones bitching about prices.

Wendy W.

Nope - not the same here -

Trickle down economics works? I thought a buncha people said that it didn't way back when...:P

They won't have to provide much more than a competitive rate if they hire them on as contractors... like most DZ's do. Right?
Oh, hello again!

We'll all pay for it, and I sure hope that the same people that are unhappy with the immigration state of affairs aren't hte same ones bitching about prices.

It wouldn't surprise me that the same people bitching about immigrants are the ones that shop at Wal-Mart, then turn around and bitch about domestic companies moving to China or India for cheap labor. Similar to buying an SUV with huge engine then crying about gas prices.

It wouldn't surprise me that the same people bitching about immigrants are the ones that shop at Wal-Mart, then turn around and bitch about domestic companies moving to China or India for cheap labor.

It doesn't surprise me that the people bitching about how companies will have to pay more to have citizens do the "illegals'" jobs will cause the prices to go up on things... when many of them also advocate increasing minimum wage thinking that THAT would actually make anyone better off.:S
Oh, hello again!

It's a vicious circle. If the illegals get citizenship, they will demand equal pay as other citizens. The business owners won't like it but what do they do about it?.....

They wait for the -new- wave of illegals to make it across the border and there they go again. Give it a few years and -those- illegals will demand amnesty....the cycle lives on. :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon