DemolitionDarby

Digital Altimeter

Viso II is the most popular option, though I can't understand the hype around them the alti visibility is crap compared to analogs. I am an analog guy, the only reason I would buy the Viso II digital is the jump log capability. That said u can get an audible with log capabilities.
If you look for something else the next best hing is the N3 as far as I know.

I think the best, for the money is the old Neptune II. Much easier to read in my opinion than the Viso.

It will of course be used, but just need to find one that has not been abused. I put mine in the armor covering, set it, rarely push its buttons and I think it will last a very long time.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Maddingo

Viso II is the most popular option, though I can't understand the hype around them the alti visibility is crap compared to analogs. I am an analog guy, the only reason I would buy the Viso II digital is the jump log capability. That said u can get an audible with log capabilities.
If you look for something else the next best hing is the N3 as far as I know.

N3 Discontinuation
by John Hawke
Published on Jun 22, 16 08:01
Atlas has replaced N3 in our sport product line. Having been in production for over ten years, N3 has now been discontinued. We have maintained enough parts for repair support of N3 for approximately 2 years. N3 accessories and spare parts will continue to be available throughout the 2-year support period.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

I have a Viso II and an Alter. I have shelved the Viso and it is a backup. I don't need the digital logbook or a lot of the "features" they have. I accidentally set it into speed mode instead of altitude. Didn't realize this until on the flight up. For $100 less, you get just as good of alti with the Alter and easier to read in free fall as well.